Tim Tebow is Available

JohnRogers

He was always terrible. Maybe he can go into public service and get elected to hand out marriage licenses or something...
  • Like 4

Texans put Tom Savage on Season ending IR- Only 2 QB's.....Tebow welcome to Houston

They might as well put their other QBs on IR with him...bring back Warren Moon at this point.

He was always terrible. Maybe he can go into public service and get elected to hand out marriage licenses or something...

He's a personality.. I have never seen a fuss over a candidate for 3rd string in my life, nor jerseys being sold for him. Wow. lol.

The religious nuts love him.

• Like 1

He's a personality.. I have never seen a fuss over a candidate for 3rd string in my life, nor jerseys being sold for him. Wow. lol.

The religious nuts love him.

Yes, and this reminds me of a joke told by a character in Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors:

"There's this joke: about the prizefighter who enters the ring, and his brother turns to the family priest and says, "Father, pray for him." And the priest said, "I will, but if he can punch, it'll help."

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

I don't know why but I always wanted success for the guy EVEN when he was in Denver and I can't stand Denver. I like the dude I think he's kool but just hasn't made the most of his chances.
  • Like 1

I don't know why but I always wanted success for the guy EVEN when he was in Denver and I can't stand Denver. I like the dude I think he's kool but just hasn't made the most of his chances.

I think he actually has made the most of his chances. He needs a whole offensive built around his skills, and that's just not going to happen in the NFL. Oh, that and he can't throw a football ...no matter what Skip Bayless says.

One of the biggest busts of all time since he never had any business getting drafted in the first place. I'm not a fan, never have been.

you think he's a big bust... have you seen his girlfriend?

I think he actually has made the most of his chances. He needs a whole offensive built around his skills, and that's just not going to happen in the NFL. Oh, that and he can't throw a football ...no matter what Skip Bayless says.

Lol at "his skills." The problem isn't the offense, it's the other teams' defenses. His "skills" are being able to overpower and outrun the members of college team defenses that aren't top college players and will never be in the nfl with the occasional throw caught by nfl calibre receivers against meh defensive backs. Unfortunately I know of no offense that can be designed to use his skills in the nfl.

• Like 1

He needs to change positions. Tight end or fullback possibly. Or both. And he can be a team's third string QB on top of that. He could be a holder as well. He's a player, he's just not an NFL starting quarterback. I would like him on my team if he was just more malleable.
  • Like 2

I hear you. I'm no Denver fan. I'm agnostic on my best days and an atheist on my worst. Still I wanted success for him. He is just a good guy in an age of dysfunctional characters and phonies. Alas poor Tebow has three choices at this point, CFL, TV commentator or change positions. Maybe after injuries pop up later in the season someone picks him up???

I hear you. I'm no Denver fan. I'm agnostic on my best days and an atheist on my worst. Still I wanted success for him. He is just a good guy in an age of dysfunctional characters and phonies. Alas poor Tebow has three choices at this point, CFL, TV commentator or change positions. Maybe after injuries pop up later in the season someone picks him up???

The main thing is that he is a winner. He somehow finds ways to win.

Bingo. I agree. The dude has heart. Just not an NFL arm. He needs to accept that he won't be an NFL *quarterback* and look at other options if he wants to play in the league. If not, he's still gonna make some serious coin on the talk circuit.... thanks be to Jesus (?).

PS Seriously, I think the guy's problem is he is bent on being an NFL *quarterback* and not an NFL player.

• Like 1

Bingo. I agree. The dude has heart. Just not an NFL arm. He needs to accept that he won't be an NFL *quarterback* and look at other options if he wants to play in the league. If not, he's still gonna make some serious coin on the talk circuit.... thanks be to Jesus (?).

PS Seriously, I think the guy's problem is he is bent on being an NFL *quarterback* and not an NFL player.

Maybe he needs to examine his own pride. One of the seven deadly's.

What position is he qualified to play? 14 regular season starts 8-6 record. That's a winner by the strictest definition of the word (and barely) so I'm not sure he deserves that reputation. Perspective: Brian hoyer is slightly better by winning %.

One of the biggest busts of all time since he never had any business getting drafted in the first place. I'm not a fan, never have been.

A few years back right before he entered the NFL, I said on here that Gator QBs historically NEVER do well. Pretty much the replies to that were (1) "We'll see", (2) "I like him / He's a nice guy", and (3) "He'll be fine."

(1) Well, we DID see. We're seeing now that he's teamless. (2) Sure, he seems like a nice guy but so what? Alex Lifeson seems like a nice guy but he's no NFL quarterback either. (3) No, he won't be fine as an NFL QB...and he never was going to be.

• Like 2

He needs to change positions. Tight end or fullback possibly. Or both. And he can be a team's third string QB on top of that. He could be a holder as well. He's a player, he's just not an NFL starting quarterback. I would like him on my team if he was just more malleable.

If I need brain surgery (and I probably do), I wouldn't hire a podiatrist or dentist no matter how damn nice they seem.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

If I need brain surgery (and I probably do), I wouldn't hire a podiatrist or dentist no matter how damn nice they seem.

The guy can play ball. There's a saying, "he's a football player!" There's a place on any team for a guy like that.