Clash of the Titans: Led Zeppelin IV vs. Moving Pictures!

Rushman2112

Make a choice  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Led Zeppelin IV vs. Moving Pictures?

• Led Zeppelin IV (also called the "zoso" album)
    • Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures. LZIV is good with no question and has lots of dynamics, whereas Moving Pictures is pretty straightforward throughout, but Moving Pictures just has stronger material, IMO.

LZIV isn't my favorite Zeppelin album, either. That honorary title goes to Houses of the Holy, followed by LZII and Presence.

That's no competition. Led Zep's fourth album was awful.

Edit: I'm thinking more about this one...I know many here don't like Stairway To Heaven, but the song made a big impact when it first came out. For that song alone, the album was worth producing., and I find myself wondering if all of Moving Pictures is better than STH. The two albums came out a decade apart, so it's not fair to either one. But that's only my opinion. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Love me some Zep but have to go with Moving Pictures as well. As BC said as well Led Zep IV is not even my favorite Zep album. Physical Graffiti is better in my view as is Houses Of The Holy...

Edit: I like Led Zep IV alot BTW...

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

Love me some Zep but have to go with Moving Pictures as well. As BC said as well Led Zep IV is not even my favorite Zep album. Physical Graffiti is better in my view as is Houses Of The Holy...

Edit: I like Led Zep IV alot BTW...

Yes, but I swear if Stairway comes on the radio I'm changing the damn channel.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures. As alteady said here by someone else, IV is not my favourite Zep album (not that MP is my favourite by Rush anyway).

Physical Graffiti is their ultimate masterpiece and Stairway To Heaven is not even my favourite album track: When The Levee Breaks my chosen one.

Edited by geezer
  • Like 1

Led Zeppelin IV is the only Led Zeppelin album I own! I have some worthless mid-80s re-release on vinyl and I'm sure the last time I played it was in the 80s. I guess I bought it to see what all the hype was about. My take-away was and still is meh. By contrast, I own 4 different copies of Moving Pictures (Canada Vinyl ANR-1-1030, Canada CDs Vank-1030 & ANMD-1030*, and USA remaster CD P2-34631). I listen to the whole album on occasion and 5 of the 7 songs are on my heavy rotation RUSH playlist (Part I - 1973 to 1981). As far as I'm concerned any RUSH album beats any Led Zeppelin album, even Feedback or the 1st Rush album over Led Zeppelin IV, so this isn't even a question. I guess most on this board would job Roll The Bones or Test For Echo to this album, but I certainly would not.

* - This one is the go-to due to superior mastering.

Edited by diatribein

Led Zeppelin IV is a better album, without any doubt.

Why do I get the feeling you were about to make a similar thread, searched to see if already existed, found this one, and resurrected it? :P

At any rate, I still stand by my opinion that I have more love for MP than for LZ4, which may or may not be my favorite Zep album. Both are actually phenomenal, but I'm a Rush fan first.

As far as I'm concerned any RUSH album beats any Led Zeppelin album, even Feedback or the 1st Rush album over Led Zeppelin IV, so this isn't even a question.

This statement is so unreal that I can't find words to describe it, really.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned any RUSH album beats any Led Zeppelin album, even Feedback or the 1st Rush album over Led Zeppelin IV, so this isn't even a question.

I know it is a real SHOCKER to find RUSH fans on this RUSH fanboard that don't listen to Led Zeppelin!

If someone asked me if I liked the Placebo album Black Market Music or Moving Pictures more I would answer Placebo. I'm not blind to other bands, but a lot of this 70s rock is just boring to me. How much music do you listen to that came out when you were less than 5 years old?

• Like 1

I know it is a real SHOCKER to find RUSH fans on this RUSH fanboard that don't listen to Led Zeppelin!

If someone asked me if I liked the Placebo album Black Market Music or Moving Pictures more I would answer Placebo. I'm not blind to other bands, but a lot of this 70s rock is just boring to me. How much music do you listen to that came out when you were less than 5 years old?

Calm down.

• Like 1

Calm down.

Who says I'm not calm? Sarcasm does not equate to agitation. I actually had a wry smile when I typed that. Although I think my last question is valid. I think most of the 70s troopers on here listen to very little music (if any) that was released prior to 1965 when they were the same age I was in 1980 and they certainly don't consider it better than what was released when they were teenagers in the 70s.

Calm down.

Who says I'm not calm? Sarcasm does not equate to agitation. I actually had a wry smile when I typed that. Although I think my last question is valid. I think most of the 70s troopers on here listen to very little music (if any) that was released prior to 1965 when they were the same age I was in 1980 and they certainly don't consider it better than what was released when they were teenagers in the 70s.

Fine. Then please adjust your attitude, cuz it won't get you very far around here.

Led Zep IV was a great album but it's just not in the same league as Moving Pictures.

When it comes to Rush you are biased as always.

When it comes to subjectivity, you do not understand the concept as always :-)

• Like 3

Led Zep IV was a great album but it's just not in the same league as Moving Pictures.

For me, LZIV is in the same league but Moving Pictures is STILL an easy choice for me. The league is great but it's also vast.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what you mean by biased. There's a lot of Rush music that I don't particularly care for. I'm old enough that I was actually alive when Led Zep IV came out and I had one of the first copies. I thought it was a great album however it's like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a Lamborghini Aventador. Both will get you where you're going but the Lambo is a lot slicker and faster.

• Like 1

How much music do you listen to that came out when you were less than 5 years old?

Most of it, actually, given that the majority of my music collection comes from the 70's, while I was born in 1984.

I also enjoy old Blues recordings from the 30's, 40's and 50's too, and I certainly wasn't born then.

• Like 2