Fear the Walking Dead

JohnRogers

I'm still enjoying it. Really sick of the "...if something doesn't happen soon" complaints from the ADHD crowd. No offense, I just disagree. Like this quite well.

I still love you bro.

What were we talking aboot???

I'm of the contrary position. These insufferable characters and their bewildering actions and decisions have me hating this show. I don't much care about action and zombies because we've seen all that ad nauseum with TWD...but this show...too much stupid shit to enumerate. From the absurd "asshole authority guys" of the military to what's her name leaving without saying goodbye to her son (and f**k NO the lipsync "I love you" from the truck does not count) to Mad-Dog sneaking a pair of bolt cutters past all that military as she casually saunters closer & closer to the fence...right. Last episode a dude gets his face blown off and NOBODY freaks out about it?!! Johnny Depp & Kramer's love child that worthless piece of shit Nick drives over his friend and neither Fuckwit Travis nor Mad-Dog have any other reaction than to look around wistfully and say "what's going on". None of these are normal human reactions to intense violent situations. DUMB.

What? Nobody I that whole area has a functional radio of any sort to pick up some news???

They are milking this franchise for all its worth now.

• Like 2

I can definitely live with the fact these characters are a big turn off.

I hope with them, but it is a mystery to me why they had to create a story involving such idiotic characters, and dislikeable ones. As I said, it doesn't bother me, in some ways it is easier to enjoy a show like this when you don't care too much what happens to each character, but the quieter moments do really plod in their company.

Did they say the military cleared and made 12 safe zones, 9 days into the outbreak??

Did I hear that before I fell asleep??

If, so.................Yeah right

• Like 1

Did they say the military cleared and made 12 safe zones, 9 days into the outbreak??

My biggest complaint is this. You are correct!

• Like 1

The Military did not show up until Day 5 after Katrina.

But apparently they are more prepared for a Zombie outbreak, then a hurricane.

:facepalm:

LOL...........

• Like 1

The Military did not show up until Day 5 after Katrina.

But apparently they are more prepared for a Zombie outbreak, then a hurricane.

:facepalm:

LOL...........

I posted a rant earlier about their attitude as well. Poorly done, all these cardboard characters.

I still like the show, and the ordinary guys, their foolish choices and annoying personalities largely feel genuine to me.

Speaking only of myself, I know I'd be really naive in that scenario.

I'm still enjoying it. Really sick of the "...if something doesn't happen soon" complaints from the ADHD crowd. No offense, I just disagree. Like this quite well.

I agree!

It is set in a realistic world where any concept of zombies is alien, even in comics. And the initial confusion, slow build up, and angst ridden family drama smacks of realism. The very reasons I cannot stand certain characters are the very same reasons why I find them believable.

I respectfully disagree.

(IMO) I don't think that society would be plagued by such a severe level of miscommunication if all of this happened. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me and it goes against normal human behavior. Promoting paranoia and fear doesn't serve the evil military. And media outlets would figure out pretty quickly most of the facts about the walkers and it would be all over the news. Quarantining would be much more effective and the fact that everyone alive is carrying the virus and will become a zombie once they die would be common knowledge within a day or two even without the media.

To me, it's akin to an episode of the Twilight Zone about an alternate universe where people don't know how to talk to one another. :finbar:

I know why the writers do it. It makes the show more suspenseful and dramatic. Like the cliche horror film where the fleeing victim irrationally stops to look back while her attacker catches up. It builds suspense, but it's not what a normal person would do. I don't think the show is realistic but rather full of dramatic pablum.

Still, like the original, the show is intriguing in its own way. I still wish it had a different point of view than the original, but currently I'm interested enough to keep watching it.

These are my complaints as I have been a bit disappointed in it.

• Like 3

I agree!

It is set in a realistic world where any concept of zombies is alien, even in comics. And the initial confusion, slow build up, and angst ridden family drama smacks of realism. The very reasons I cannot stand certain characters are the very same reasons why I find them believable.

I respectfully disagree.

(IMO) I don't think that society would be plagued by such a severe level of miscommunication if all of this happened. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me and it goes against normal human behavior. Promoting paranoia and fear doesn't serve the evil military. And media outlets would figure out pretty quickly most of the facts about the walkers and it would be all over the news. Quarantining would be much more effective and the fact that everyone alive is carrying the virus and will become a zombie once they die would be common knowledge within a day or two even without the media.

To me, it's akin to an episode of the Twilight Zone about an alternate universe where people don't know how to talk to one another. :finbar:

I know why the writers do it. It makes the show more suspenseful and dramatic. Like the cliche horror film where the fleeing victim irrationally stops to look back while her attacker catches up. It builds suspense, but it's not what a normal person would do. I don't think the show is realistic but rather full of dramatic pablum.

Still, like the original, the show is intriguing in its own way. I still wish it had a different point of view than the original, but currently I'm interested enough to keep watching it.

All of what you said I can agree with.

The show has flaws, but for what it is, I enjoy it. But I personally find the entire Walking Dead television franchise a real dirge. It isn't the story, or the pacing, of the effects: it is the characters. One dullard after another, and TOO many soap opera storylines. Of all the major TV shows that have found a widespread audience, these are the worst.

No one is ever likeable, too many foolish people (who I swear are written to be dense to distract the viewer from noticing the story itself has nowhere to go), and, as you point out, a lot of really unbelievable elements that lead to the downfall of civilisation occur, and it is awful.

Maybe I was being too positive. The more I think about it, the worse these shows become.

I still find myself coming back, however. Can't explain why.

• Like 1

I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

The show has flaws, but for what it is, I enjoy it. But I personally find the entire Walking Dead television franchise a real dirge. It isn't the story, or the pacing, of the effects: it is the characters. One dullard after another, and TOO many soap opera storylines. Of all the major TV shows that have found a widespread audience, these are the worst.

No one is ever likeable, too many foolish people (who I swear are written to be dense to distract the viewer from noticing the story itself has nowhere to go), and, as you point out, a lot of really unbelievable elements that lead to the downfall of civilisation occur, and it is awful.

Maybe I was being too positive. The more I think about it, the worse these shows become.

:goodone:

And this is exactly how I feel! It drives my wife crazy because I complain about it while I watch it but then I want to watch it again.

I think there's some kind of a survival instinct that shows like this awaken. I keep thinking about what I would do if I was in the show and I think that keeps me watching it. I guess I want to see the characters do what I would do.

• Like 2

I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

:goodone:

And this is exactly how I feel! It drives my wife crazy because I complain about it while I watch it but then I want to watch it again.

I think there's some kind of a survival instinct that shows like this awaken. I keep thinking about what I would do if I was in the show and I think that keeps me watching it. I guess I want to see the characters do what I would do.

Exactly! I have sort of given up on the main show. I just can't get back into it, I tried season three having finished the first two, but they were so memorable by the time I started the third season I had literally no idea what was going in or why.

I thought this show started good and then turned bad.

Not sure we saw the breakdown of society as much as we saw another ho hum apocalyptic drama. It started out feeling real and just ended up feeling very OTT. Lost its way when the military got involved.

Hard to see how it is going to differentiate itself from the main show, as surely the world Rick woke up to has already pretty much come about by the end of this. It felt extremely lazy, this show. It could have been groundbreaking, but it just turned out to be another zombie drama, and a poor one at that.

Not sure why I watched it in the first place to be honest.

Oh, and the one black character turns out to be a shady con man.

You can predict the nature of the character by the sterotype associated with the race. Awful.

I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

agreed with all of your post

my 15 year old and I talk about how it would be different in our neighborhood after we watch each episode.

more organized, more trustful, more willing to share information. We both took cert training and I am a block captain. Our neighborhood in theory would be ready to work together.

surely things would go down differently, hopefully.

I hold out some hope for a better second season.

But I actually expect it to be consistently annoying.

And I will still watch it

I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

my 15 year old and I talk about how it would be different in our neighborhood after we watch each episode.

more organized, more trustful, more willing to share information. We both took cert training and I am a block captain. Our neighborhood in theory would be ready to work together.

Although 1 thing that is never technically brought up.

If the original outbreak on FTWD is taking place, when the 1st Season of TWD is simultaneously occurring

The year is 2010. You have to put yourself in that year. Where were u, how old is your child..etc...

Also stone, you are looking at the neighborhood on how 'YOU' would act in it.

In a emergency, you never know how others will act. Panic always sets in.

Look at the Ebola scare last year, the media blew it all UP.

People were afraid to travel because of 1 infectious person entering the US.

While media does help, it adds way more fuel to the fire than actually helps in most situations.

You can predict the nature of the character by the sterotype associated with the race. Awful.

Not sure I agree with you here. Perhaps you are more perceptive than I. What I see is the first potentially interesting character in this drama.

• Like 1

I agree!

I respectfully disagree.

Although 1 thing that is never technically brought up.

If the original outbreak on FTWD is taking place, when the 1st Season of TWD is simultaneously occurring

The year is 2010. You have to put yourself in that year. Where were u, how old is your child..etc...

Also stone, you are looking at the neighborhood on how 'YOU' would act in it.

In a emergency, you never know how others will act. Panic always sets in.

Look at the Ebola scare last year, the media blew it all UP.

People were afraid to travel because of 1 infectious person entering the US.

While media does help, it adds way more fuel to the fire than actually helps in most situations.

That is why I said, I hope--all good plans can go to hell if one real idiot screws it up.

• Like 1

Not sure I agree with you here. Perhaps you are more perceptive than I. What I see is the first potentially interesting character in this drama.

I agree, but I feel annoyed that having waited for a black character, it had to be someone so shady.

I found the entire show a little bizarre anyway, I sensed no character growth at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, its just that forna zombie apocalypse, everyone took it surprisingly well.

I guess I'm not ready to judge him shady yet. Cunning, with good survival instinct is how I see him for now anyway. Sharply dressed no matter the situation almost Bond like.

I guess I'm not ready to judge him shady yet. Cunning, with good survival instinct is how I see him for now anyway. Sharply dressed no matter the situation almost Bond like.

Insaw a cruel man who would only have been selfish under normal circumstances.

Sorry, he showed know love or empathy for those struggling in the cages or the soldier getting eaten.

I want to like him but I despised him from the start.

I was hoping that this spin-off was going to show the POV of the government and how the plague started. It would be nice to know why everyone on earth is carrying the walking dead "virus" (or whatever it is) which turns them into a zombie after they die. Was it some kind of a weaponized pathogen created by the military or perhaps a cure for something else created by the CDC? I think it would have been more interesting to show this from the perspective of those in the know rather than another show about clueless innocent people surviving a zombie apocalypse that they had nothing to do with. It's just more of the same IMO.

I agree to this, that would have been a really good idea!

I am right now watching Fear... I am on last episode on first season. And I must say that I also find the chars kinda boring. And the kids just seem to be stupid. They make lots of mistakes that just end up they need to be rescue...

I just saw the last episode of Fear... And damn!

I am happy that...

Chris got shoot! I really hated that psycho guy!

But I am wondering who...

those guys on the last episode was that was shooting. Did not seem to be any nice guys!

I can´t wait for the new season to start! Anyone know when it does? Now I am waiting for both Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead to start!