Sci fi recommendations

djflex

have not read anything in ages. Was thinking a sci fi would be nice to revist. Need something fairly light as i am slow reader. Thanks in advance

Oops not sure how to delete this.

Mods can this be moved to turn the page or deleted?

Edited by djflex

I've also been out of the loop for a while. I've completed most of the Robot and Foundation series. Huxley's Brave New World (in case you didn't get it assigned in school at some point) is till a great (almost prophetic) read. I don't remember any of the others so must not have been that good.
  • Like 1

philip k dick - do androids dream of electric sheep

ursula k le guin - the left hand of darkness

robert heinlein - starship troopers

dan simmons - hyperion

frank herbert - dune

orson scott card - ender's game

isaac asimov - foundation

• Like 1

When i was young i read almost all of the asimov stuff. Also read hyperion as listed above and the dune stuff. Also rama, etc. for some reason i dont recall any of the Philip dick stuff tho, may start there as he was kisted several times
  • Like 1

What kind of sci-fi do you like? There's different types. Alternate realities, space travel, other worlds… Etc.

Most anything really, except for the alternate history stuff. I tried a few of the battle books a few years ago, warhammer i think but didnt really like this either. So i guess mostly the "classic" style if that makes sense.

I kind of let reading get away from me over the last year, so figured this would be a good way jump back in. Before that i read alot of historical fiction. I tried doing game of thrones and they were good, just way too long for me.

What kind of sci-fi do you like? There's different types. Alternate realities, space travel, other worlds… Etc.

Most anything really, except for the alternate history stuff. I tried a few of the battle books a few years ago, warhammer i think but didnt really like this either. So i guess mostly the "classic" style if that makes sense.

I kind of let reading get away from me over the last year, so figured this would be a good way jump back in. Before that i read alot of historical fiction. I tried doing game of thrones and they were good, just way too long for me.

There are just a ton of great books out there that's why I was trying to narrow it down a little bit. Try the classical authors if you haven't read them. Like Bradbury, Asimov, Clarke, Niven etc. Go over on Amazon and check out some of the book reviews and recommendations.

• Like 1

Well couldnt find the phillip dick...

So i got 2 by william gibson. The Neuromancer and count zero. I also got a conan book by robert jordan

• Like 1

Well couldnt find the phillip dick...

So i got 2 by william gibson. The Neuromancer and count zero. I also got a conan book by robert jordan

Let us know what you think of them. I've not read either one.

• Like 1