Random Rush Photos

Self-Indulgence

d286955728a5f8b622f5332ea5456808--rush-band-rush-lyrics.jpg

One more random photo I stumbled on for the first time tonight. I'd love to know the story behind this one too. Dressed up in tennis attire to play Minimoog and glockenspiel in the middle of a dirt field?

I think this is at Rockfield Studios in England, maybe recording Xanadu.

My guess would be the intro to AFTK

Could be. I've heard/read the descriptions of them playing outside of the studio, with Alex walking around between the mics as he played the classical guitar. I guess it would completely change my mental image though if I knew they were dressed like this ;) I always pictured them in their kimono outfits of the time (although who knows - maybe they never wore those things outside of photo ops).

• Like 2

d286955728a5f8b622f5332ea5456808--rush-band-rush-lyrics.jpg

One more random photo I stumbled on for the first time tonight. I'd love to know the story behind this one too. Dressed up in tennis attire to play Minimoog and glockenspiel in the middle of a dirt field?

I think this is at Rockfield Studios in England, maybe recording Xanadu.

My guess would be the intro to AFTK

Could be. I've heard/read the descriptions of them playing outside of the studio, with Alex walking around between the mics as he played the classical guitar. I guess it would completely change my mental image though if I knew they were dressed like this ;) I always pictured them in their kimono outfits of the time (although who knows - maybe they never wore those things outside of photo ops).

Yeah it's a little disconcerting knowing they wore the same gym shorts as me in high school when they recorded AFTK.

Geddy had a book signing last week in Pittsburgh and put up this photo and story on Instagram- I love the Human Blood label! :LOL:

DaIunlGh.png. Fv8gIBIl.png

Al is wearing the same dorky sweater with the sequin musical notes that he wore in the Laura Secord Secondary School gig video (around 1:46)

Looks like something his mom bought him for Christmas.

• Like 4

Geddy had a book signing last week in Pittsburgh and put up this photo and story on Instagram- I love the Human Blood label! :LOL:

DaIunlGh.png. Fv8gIBIl.png

Al is wearing the same dorky sweater with the sequin musical notes that he wore in the Laura Secord Secondary School gig video (around 1:46)

Looks like something his mom bought him for Christmas.

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: I remember how cheesy that shirt looked in that concert!

To note: the date of the photo I'm describing is incorrect.

Below and below right: Jimmy Crespo (second from left) at Tennis Jam '83 with (from left) Geddy Lee of Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughan, tennis star Vita Gerulitas, Tom Hamilton and Steven Tyler from archived photo here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

To note: the date of the photo I'm describing is incorrect.

Below and below right: Jimmy Crespo (second from left) at Tennis Jam '83 with (from left) Geddy Lee of Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughan, tennis star Vita Gerulitas, Tom Hamilton and Steven Tyler from archived photo here.

Cool photo!

Danforth and Pape, the t shirt place, put this up the other day in honor of UK Mother's Day. It has their logo on it but is an actual photo from 1982. I love it!

"This wonderful photo was taken at the Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto in November 1982 on the The New World Tour. It shows Geddy, Alex and Neil with their beloved and extremely proud Mums." ❤️❤️❤️

3YK8Lc7h.jpg

• Like 3

They guys with Chuck D. of Public Enemy. I'm not sure when it was taken, maybe backstage at R40?

2dd9Ytul.jpg

RRHOF maybe?

• Like 3