PRIMUS SUCKS!!! EMBRACE THE ODD OLD MUSIC! MODERN DAY MUSIC SUCKS TOO!

RUSHHEAD666

I love Primus and have since the first time I saw them in '91 or so on Headbanger's Ball (anybody remember that show??)

I'm so glad they've finally got the recognition and respect they absolutely deserve. For a while there I wasn't sure they would've caught on because they were so friggin' weird.

And yeah I picked up the Sausage CD the day it came out. The Riddles are Abound Tonight video is a friggin' trip, maybe Les' strangest yet (which is really something when you factor in the Mr. Krinkle and Wynonna videos!) Sausage is / was the original Primus lineup before Larry and Herb. Cool that Jay Lane came back for a while a couple years ago.

And though Herb is the superior drummer skills-wise, I LOVED what Brain brought to the table. His drumming is awesome, just a totally different style. Check out Tommy the Cat on the Rhinoplasty video or something, the guy's style fit just as well, just differently.

Goose, that's great you got to see them play! I only had one chance to see them in '94 or '95 but one of the guys we were going to go with got his nose broken at a Slayer show the day or two before so we didn't end up going.

PRIMUS SUCKS!!

I used to have this Tee Shirt!!!

Skeeter on the front, and the guys on the back in this weird green / white color. That shirt is long gone now, I wish I still had it.

• Like 1

I love Primus and have since the first time I saw them in '91 or so on Headbanger's Ball (anybody remember that show??)

I'm so glad they've finally got the recognition and respect they absolutely deserve. For a while there I wasn't sure they would've caught on because they were so friggin' weird.

And yeah I picked up the Sausage CD the day it came out. The Riddles are Abound Tonight video is a friggin' trip, maybe Les' strangest yet (which is really something when you factor in the Mr. Krinkle and Wynonna videos!) Sausage is / was the original Primus lineup before Larry and Herb. Cool that Jay Lane came back for a while a couple years ago.

And though Herb is the superior drummer skills-wise, I LOVED what Brain brought to the table. His drumming is awesome, just a totally different style. Check out Tommy the Cat on the Rhinoplasty video or something, the guy's style fit just as well, just differently.

Goose, that's great you got to see them play! I only had one chance to see them in '94 or '95 but one of the guys we were going to go with got his nose broken at a Slayer show the day or two before so we didn't end up going.

PRIMUS SUCKS!!

Yes, they do! A broken nose,at Slayer... that'll teach him!

Was on the soundtrack to a snowboarding movie back in the 90's.

Over the Electric Grapevine

Edited by custom55

I'm just so incredibly happy that this awesome and amazingly strange band from way back finally got the recognition they deserved.

As a kid, at that time, there was nothing like them and nobody really knew what to do with them haha.

• Like 2

Primus and the Chocolate Factory was a fun little adventure. Did anybody catch them on that tour?

I sure did. The Los Angeles show sold out very quickly, but then they released around 50 balcony tickets a couple weeks before the show. I grabbed one. It turned out to be my best Primus concert ever.

Highlights were Ler singing lead on I Want It All, and the encore w/ special guests - Here Come The Bastards - LA 11/2014 -

• Like 1

Any idea if they're releasing a new album anytime soon? I know Les and Sean Lennon dia an album and before that it was the Four Foot Shack thing.

I like song-oriented Primus a lot more than Jam Band Primus but I'll take anything else at this point.

Primus and the Chocolate Factory was a fun little adventure. Did anybody catch them on that tour?

I sure did. The Los Angeles show sold out very quickly, but then they released around 50 balcony tickets a couple weeks before the show. I grabbed one. It turned out to be my best Primus concert ever.

Highlights were Ler singing lead on I Want It All, and the encore w/ special guests - Here Come The Bastards - LA 11/2014 -

'Here Come the B*stards'....! :LOL: (Sorry - the title made me laugh! :blush: )

• Like 1

I saw the Reno show and it was killer! We were front row (festival style) the whole time.

There was a Primus biography that came out a couple of years ago. Besides the band stuff and Les' side projected, it had several interviews with folks like Stewart Copeland, Trey Anastasio, Kirk Hammett, GEDDY, and others. I didn't read it but I know it's out there.

Dude! I saw Oysterhead at The Greek! Trey, Les and Stewart! It was AWESOME!!

• Like 1

Did anyone hear the first Claypool Lennon Delirium album? They've got another coming out and it looks fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcOHiGonWwU

The song sounds very promising. Like it.

I love their first album. The bass sound of Captain Lariat is insane. It's a psychedelic masterpiece.

• Like 1

Did anyone hear the first Claypool Lennon Delirium album? They've got another coming out and it looks fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcOHiGonWwU

The song sounds very promising. Like it.

I love their first album. The bass sound of Captain Lariat is insane. It's a psychedelic masterpiece.

Ditto