New Eric Johnson Studio Release!

Snowdog

For all of you EJ fans out there that might have missed this like I did, Eric Johnson has released a new studio album after a 10 year hiatus from the studio. "Bloom" is exactly what EJ fans have been waiting for.

I also posted this in the "New Releases" thread, but thought I'd put it up here as well just in case any other Johnson fans out there missed this release as I did.

http://www.ericjohnson.com/flash/news.html

Sweet, ill have to check it out. And BTW i met him at a Wendy's when i was working there. Very cool guy, but didnt ask for a autograph cause he was eating and didnt want to be rude. Very Very Cool dude. ***** 5 stars

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 23 2005, 06:04 PM)
I agree, Bloom is a very good disc although I still like "Ah Via Musicom" the best.

Anyone out there ever pick up any of his Alien Love Child releases?

I have an alien love child cd, it's ok, not the EJ I love though.

A lesser know cd is his first cd, 'Tones'. Great stuff.

QUOTE (tangdog @ Aug 24 2005, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 24 2005, 12:27 AM)

A lesser know cd is his first cd, 'Tones'. Great stuff.

Correct you are sir!

The first G3 tour disc/dvd with EJ is also a worthy purchase IMHO.

Wow! there's a G3 dvd? I have got to pick that up! thanks for the heads up Launch! I've got to pick that up.

I personally really liked the Alien Love Child work. Especially the improvised jams. It's probably my 2nd favorite EJ disc behind "Musicom".

"Tones," his first commercial release, was really ground breaking stuff. It's got some great stuff on there. But, imo, Johnson has gotten better with age and "Bloom" backs this up. It was definitely worth the wait.

I saw him on the "Musicom" tour and was completely amazed at how he sounded live. His tone is unbelievable and he is even better in a live setting where he can cut loose a little. What especially struck me is what a clean player he is. I lost some respect for Jimmy Page when I saw what a sloppy live player he was (is). But EJ is so smooth and clean in his live shows, it is amazing.

I saw the "Musicom" tour twice and was lucky enough to see Venue Isle front row center.

Anyway.......I just copied this setlist off the net. It onlys shows EJ playing 2 songs?? My CD version of this shows has Zap, Manhattan and Camel's Night Out.

I do not own this DVD but have seen it numerous times. ( New G3 this fall with John Petrucci)

The most influential Rock Instrumental guiatrists of the past decade -- Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Steve Vai -- joined forces as "G3" for a U.S. tour in October of 1996. It was an unprecedented event, as never before had these three premiere guitarists appeared and toured together.

G3 - Live In Concert was recorded on November 2nd, 1996, at the Northrop Auditorium in Minneapolis, MN. Capturing the blistering performance of each band from the tour, the DVD features select performances off all three guitarists, as well as the evening's finale where Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, and Steve Vai played together on stage for the first time.

Joe Satriani:

Cool #9

Flying In A Blue Dream

Summer Song

Eric Johnson:

Manhattan

SRV

Steve Vai:

Answers

For The Love Of God

The Attitude Song

The Jam Songs: