The Royal QUEEN Discussion and Adoration Thread!

Entre_Perpetuo

What happened to John Deacon? Brian said that he was in a different space, or something like that.

I finished watching it. A lot of similarities between many famous rock bands.

It was a very well done and excellent documentary.

John retired. Took Freddie's death hard. Still involved in the business via email and phone. The odd paparazzi pic shows up now and again, he looks like a retired bank manager.

John was THE MAN. Love him.

• Like 3

What happened to John Deacon? Brian said that he was in a different space, or something like that.

I finished watching it. A lot of similarities between many famous rock bands.

It was a very well done and excellent documentary.

John retired. Took Freddie's death hard. Still involved in the business via email and phone. The odd paparazzi pic shows up now and again, he looks like a retired bank manager.

John was THE MAN. Love him.

They all seem to have taken Freddie's death hard. I wonder what it was about him that they loved so much.

None of the documentaries that I've watched so far have given me much of an insight to Freddie the person. Other than he was a multi-talented man, a grandiose performer :LOL: on stage with a real presence, and that the audience loved him because they knew he loved them.

Lorraine, this a lovely little doc about Freddie, very personal. By UK tenor, Alfie Boe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz2FSJKkHyA

That was very good.

Someone like him only comes around every once in a great while. Like the opera woman said, you are born with what he had.

No amount of training or practice can give you that.

They used to call it "star quality" and "stage presence." It made up for a lot of what some stars lacked in dramatic talent.

Freddie was born to be a star.

• Like 1

I like Brian May very much. He's real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XBm1Qfpa_nY

It appears that humans are never satisfied. Once we have achieved what we think will make us happy, we are straining for something else to make us happy, which is why some go to excess, live on the edge, or just fall off it.

And it doesn't matter what you have or achieve, if a man like Brian May could still suffer from depression and want to kill himself, then the key is to find contentment with who you are are where you are and with what you have because no amount of anything else apparently can give it to you.

:rantoff:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

they closed with the brilliant Innuendo though.

Can a band end its career any better than with The Show Must Go On....? I doubt it!!

one of the best vocals of all time. from a near dead man.

chills everytime.

Mick

I found that amazing too. Even up to the almost end, his voice still sounded strong. I know Brian said his voice wasn't as full (I think that's the word he used in an interview) and strong, but I didn't hear what he did. Considering everything, you would never have known from his voice that he was a man on his last legs.

• Like 1

Can a band end its career any better than with The Show Must Go On....? I doubt it!!

chills everytime.

Mick

I found that amazing too. Even up to the almost end, his voice still sounded strong. I know Brian said his voice wasn't as full (I think that's the word he used in an interview) and strong, but I didn't hear what he did. Considering everything, you would never have known from his voice that he was a man on his last legs.

he knew he didn't have much time left. it was a person trying desperately to keep a door from closing just so he could make one last statement.

to this day.....one of the best vocals from anyone.

Mick

• Like 3

chills everytime.

Mick

he knew he didn't have much time left. it was a person trying desperately to keep a door from closing just so he could make one last statement.

Mick

I've spent hours watching concert footage and interviews and have grown to really love him - even if he did go overboard (like when they were in Germany) in his, don't know what to call them, addictions?.

Love to watch him on stage. The man was a master.

• Like 4

chills everytime.

Mick

Mick

I've spent hours watching concert footage and interviews and have grown to really love him - even if he did go overboard (like when they were in Germany) in his, don't know what to call them, addictions?.

Love to watch him on stage. The man was a master.

one of my greatest regrets is not having the chance to experience him live.

and yea he came up in a decade where casual sex and hookups were no big thing......and we see see the results in AIDS. tragic. we were robbed of more from him and the band.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

When I saw him come back on stage at the end of I forget which song it was with a crown on his head and a flowing red velvet cape with a long train, that was it for me! :wub:

i laughed and laughed and laughed.

You're not supposed to laugh, you're supposed to worship!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/28/10/37A4A5A700000578-3762122-image-a-14_1472375330319.jpg

Read most of these 70th birthday articles yesterday. THEY DROVE ME f***ing INSANE.

a. most of the pics are not "unseen".

b. Queen didn't play MSG in 1983, it was 82.

c. That picture of Freddie on stage is a still from The Miracle video.

there's more, but I've two tabloid journalists on the barbecue and they need turning & basting. BASTARDS.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/08/28/10/37A4A5A700000578-3762122-image-a-14_1472375330319.jpg

Read most of these 70th birthday articles yesterday. THEY DROVE ME f***ing INSANE.

a. most of the pics are not "unseen".

b. Queen didn't play MSG in 1983, it was 82.

c. That picture of Freddie on stage is a still from The Miracle video.

there's more, but I've two tabloid journalists on the barbecue and they need turning & basting. BASTARDS.

Yeah this picture has been around for ages and so have all the others.

• Like 1