Will they ever show the concert photos they took?

HalfwayToGone

It seems like this tour they only put the show photos on the store site as a framed "customizable" photo, but whenever I check out the customizer, only photos from the May dates are displayed as options to choose. Their photographer clearly took the same crowd shot from behind Neil at both late June shows I attended, but there doesn't seem to be any way to see them or order them or anything else from after May. I even tried checking the url of the past tours' photos, but none of the R40 tour shows are posted there. Weird, and seems like a waste of time for the photographer to have shot all those other shows, only to have the images withheld from anyone ever seeing them.

EDIT: of course they added all those photos to the customizer at some point I. The last couple of days since I last looked. Now they're all there, so I answered my own question

Edited by HalfwayToGone

"Weird, and seems like a waste of time for the photographer to have shot all those other shows, only to have the images withheld from anyone ever seeing them."http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0e/0e31c021efd02b2ba23a8036d30ae38597e604c13267ba7c248f613872ffb736.jpg

I think it's incredibly lame that you can't even see a decent quality photo before buying it. Not that I would spent $300 on a photograph, but if I wanted to, I'd want to see it first. I'm probably in a few of those photos, but I'll never know.
  • Like 4

I keep checking the old site that had the photos from previous tours...almost daily. Still nothing. Why change the theme of that site to the R40 theme if you're not planning on putting the photos up?

During the CA tour the pictures were up the night of the individual shows. It's such a shame they didn't do the same thing with this tour.

I think a lot of people found ways to get screen captures of the enlarged views, and got around purchasing them, so they didn't post them the same way. They want people to buy them instead of copying them, which is fine, but now we can't even see them at all.

Too bad. Earlier this year, I bought through the site a framed picture from Kansas City - Starlight a few years back. It was taken from behind Geddy, and showed my friend Glen watching the band with a bemused look on his face. It kind of looked like the crowd had parted (not the "clouds are parted"), and Glen was standing in isolation, almost like it was taken to highlight Glen. A really neat picture, as you can see Geddy's silhouette and you know who it is, but you cannot see his face. Of course, because John A took it, I was out at the men's room and nowhere to be seen when it was taken, but as I mentioned earlier, that's been my consistent luck with John A pictures. Anyway, my friend really dug the picture. I'm sure I'd buy a few other framed pics, but with a choice of one photo from each show that I can't really see very well on line, well, no more sales here.
  • Like 2

Too bad. Earlier this year, I bought through the site a framed picture from Kansas City - Starlight a few years back. It was taken from behind Geddy, and showed my friend Glen watching the band with a bemused look on his face. It kind of looked like the crowd had parted (not the "clouds are parted"), and Glen was standing in isolation, almost like it was taken to highlight Glen. A really neat picture, as you can see Geddy's silhouette and you know who it is, but you cannot see his face. Of course, because John A took it, I was out at the men's room and nowhere to be seen when it was taken, but as I mentioned earlier, that's been my consistent luck with John A pictures. Anyway, my friend really dug the picture. I'm sure I'd buy a few other framed pics, but with a choice of one photo from each show that I can't really see very well on line, well, no more sales here.

Exactly, Tom. We're not going to buy the photos of we don't know what we're getting.

• Like 3

I've seen conversations about this subject on Facebook saying pretty much the same thing. One person was actually able to recognize theirself in the photos from Philly and Montreal because they were front row center, but stated their refusal to pay the absurd prices being placed on them. The prevailing sentiment seems to be that this is the biggest, most sickening money-grab associated with the band throughout their entire history. We're all hoping that absolutely no one buys the photos. :| Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 2