Happy birthday, goose!

The Analog Cub

Happy Birthday young man! :codger: :dweez: :haz: :ebert: :cheers:

Young at heart, anyway. That trip to Alaska is on my mind... :cheers:

Cool,

I was just thinking we need to get down your way. Some thing different for a vacation. :D :cool:

"Honey let's go to Tahoe...and fish," :D

Yeah,

And hit the desert for some dirt bike riding. I haven't rode a motorcycle in decades. I just have an urge to do it.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

The Goose is loose! Happy birthday!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Beer/goose-island-ipa_zps8gmfdyca.jpg

Now that looks tasty! It'l make a good chaser for those martinis Lorraine gave me. :hail:

HIC!

I've spent many a evening at Goose Island. Their Russian Imperial Stout will put hair on your chest. :LOL:

Have a great one, my friend :cheers:

For sure! Half a century today.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/whmb.gif

Whoa

Happy Birthday ya old dude!

Get off my lawn!!!

:LOL:

Hope you have a great birthday goose! :)

Thanks, JB. :cheers:

Top ten birthday movies. Ready...go!!!

Whoa! Tall order. How about great movies with birthdays in them in no particular order?

- 16 Candles : first flick off the top of my head. Classic John Hughs. Ringwald & Hall at their best! "Oh look, she's gotten her boobies!"

- Batman Begins : Wayne feigns debauchery in order to get rid of his birthday guests just so that he can take on Ra's Al Gul. You gotta be one tough birthday boy sumbitch to take on Liam Neeson while still dressed in a tux!

- SpiderMan 2 : Parker was broke as a joke. But hey, he has superpowers so he can't complain too much on his birthday!

- Karate Kid : Mr. Miyagi had already trained Daniel. But on his birthday he gives the skinny twerp a birthday cake, a gi to wear in the tournament, and a classic convertible. Those are some kick ass gifts. Banzai Daniel-San!

- The Birds : Hitchcock's evil birds attacking birthday party-goers. What's not to like?

- 2001:A Space Odyssey : Dr. Floyd misses his cute little girl's (played by Kubrick's real daughter) birthday party in order to investigate the mysterious, black monolith on Clavius. But at least he called beforehand!

- Vanilla Sky : David Ames has every hot girl on the face of the planet attend his birthday party. And he's banged every single one of them. But he's on his way to misery, disfigurement, and wearing a white mask for much of the film. Abre Los Ojos!

- Ms. Doubtfire : A birthday party gone wild leads to a father dressing in drag in order to spend time with his kids. Somehow, this movie works very well following that ridiculous premise.

- Big : Early Hanks comedy with a heart. Josh makes three wishes in this flick but actually only one at his birthday party. Interestingly though, all of those wishes come true.

- Toy Story : Hanks again?! Andy gets Buzz. Woody gets jealous. And what I think might be the greatest trilogy of all time gets it's start here at Andy's birthday party. To infinity and beyond!

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Whoa! Tall order. How about great movies with birthdays in them in no particular order?

- 16 Candles : first flick off the top of my head. Classic John Hughs. Ringwald & Hall at their best! "Oh look, she's gotten her boobies!"

- Batman Begins : Wayne feigns debauchery in order to get rid of his birthday guests just so that he can take on Ra's Al Gul. You gotta be one tough birthday boy sumbitch to take on Liam Neeson while still dressed in a tux!

- SpiderMan 2 : Parker was broke as a joke. But hey, he has superpowers so he can't complain too much on his birthday!

- Karate Kid : Mr. Miyagi had already trained Daniel. But on his birthday he gives the skinny twerp a birthday cake, a gi to wear in the tournament, and a classic convertible. Those are some kick ass gifts. Banzai Daniel-San!

- The Birds : Hitchcock's evil birds attacking birthday party-goers. What's not to like?

- 2001:A Space Odyssey : Dr. Floyd misses his cute little girl's (played by Kubrick's real daughter) birthday party in order to investigate the mysterious, black monolith on Clavius. But at least he called beforehand!

- Vanilla Sky : David Ames has every hot girl on the face of the planet attend his birthday party. And he's banged every single one of them. But he's on his way to misery, disfigurement, and wearing a white mask for much of the film. Abre Los Ojos!

- Ms. Doubtfire : A birthday party gone wild leads to a father dressing in drag in order to spend time with his kids. Somehow, this movie works very well following that ridiculous premise.

- Big : Early Hanks comedy with a heart. Josh makes three wishes in this flick but actually only one at his birthday party. Interestingly though, all of those wishes come true.

- Toy Story : Hanks again?! Andy gets Buzz. Woody gets jealous. And what I think might be the greatest trilogy of all time gets it's start here at Andy's birthday party. To infinity and beyond!

I knew you"d come through! Great list.

How about the scuba scene from the Graduate? That's his birthday, isn't it?

Classic flick that is. Have only seen that once which was over 25 years ago.

No kidding??? I bet I've watched it 20 times.

I'm kind of surprised by me about that too actually. But when I think about it, i think Planet of the Apes and 2001 are the only LATE 60s films I've seen over a dozen times.

I'm kind of surprised by me about that too actually. But when I think about it, i think Planet of the Apes and 2001 are the only LATE 60s films I've seen over a dozen times.

Hmmm...

How about Strangelove?

Butch Cassidy...?

Midnight Cowboy?

High Plains Drifter?

Edited by goose

Hmmm...

How about Strangelove?

Surprisingly just 2 or 3 times I think. Lolita about the same. But here's the biggest surprise, seeing that Kubrick is my favorite: I've never seen Spartacus. :gasp:

Hmmm...

How about Strangelove?

Butch Cassidy...?

Midnight Cowboy?

High Plains Drifter?

Strangelove, see my last post.

Butch, once as a kid.

Midnight, ages ago back in uni. Maybe twice.

HPD, probably 4 or 5 times. That's a really good Clint flick that's often overlooked. I've overlooked it myself since I love so many other films of his.