I "LOVE" Hendrix But Is Arthur Lee Better Than Jimi?

RUSHHEAD666

Jimi Hendrix Vs. Arthur Lee! Purple Haze Forever Changes Voodoo Chile!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Songwriter/Singer/Musician?

• Arthur Lee
    • Jimi Hendrix

Still on major Love trip. Got me thinking about comparing Arthur to Jimi. Of course Arthur cannot be compared to Jimi when it comes to being a superstar but I think it's fair to compare them to each other based on their singing, songwriting and all around playing on an instrument.

I love Jimi but my vote goes to one of the most underrated musicians/songwriters on the planet. Arthur Lee! A true "Black Beauty."

Both are awesome but Eric Johnson blows them both out of the water.

Haha! I love your knowledge to respect Lee and I also love your opinion on EJ. He is wonderful! I've seen him many times. His tone is one of the best on the planet!!!

• Like 1

Jimi had great talent and vision .Arthur did as well but he was more oddball.Whether that was to do with too many drugs or mental illness i don't know.Jimi was still on fire during the last year of his life both in the studio and on stage except Isle of Wight/Furman where he was just burnt out.After Forever Changes, Arthur went downhill both musically and healthwise.He ended up in jail on assault/firearms charges.The interviews i have read didn't make any sense.Jimi could be stoned out of his skull and could be still coherent(just).It was good to see Arthur in good form for the Forever Changes concert.However Jimi was more iconic and ground breaking.Arthur was strange genius.Oh and Jimi played guitar a bit better.
  • Like 2

Jimi had great talent and vision .Arthur did as well but he was more oddball.Whether that was to do with too many drugs or mental illness i don't know.Jimi was still on fire during the last year of his life both in the studio and on stage except Isle of Wight/Furman where he was just burnt out.After Forever Changes, Arthur went downhill both musically and healthwise.He ended up in jail on assault/firearms charges.The interviews i have read didn't make any sense.Jimi could be stoned out of his skull and could be still coherent(just).It was good to see Arthur in good form for the Forever Changes concert.However Jimi was more iconic and ground breaking.Arthur was strange genius.Oh and Jimi played guitar a bit better.

Alright dude! You are killing me. Your posts are excellent. YOU SAID IT ALL! YOU ROCK!

Arthur Lee if we are choosing between these two.

Not keen on Hendrix, but I enjoy him when the mood sways me!

Edited by Segue Myles

Earl loves trying to bring down artists that he suddenly feels are too popular!

Trying to drag Jimi Hendrix down is like trying to say God is just another guy/gal.

• Like 1