limelight studio hiwatt or C&C?

boofie

There are a bunch of amps in the video that cannot be seen clearly. Could be any combination of what he was using then. I am sure no one really knows. Even Alex.

I don't think it's a matter of actually remembering but if anyone knew where it was documented.

I also remember he used the 4140s for the tour but as you said anything could have been used in the studio.

I belive he might have even used a bogner uberschall on clockwork angels

In the end after a bit more digging I was able to find my answer.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he used the Marshalls primarily while recording Moving Pictures, moving away from the Hiwatts ... and liked the way they sounded so much they wound up going out on the ensuing tour. Not a definitive answer, but for some reason that sticks in mind, and suggests the Marshalls would have been used for at least parts of the song. Edited by Symmetre

Generally speaking it is the responsibility of the assistant recording engineer to makes notes of a session. If there were an assistant then there may be notes but if so they are probably with the master multitracks, if the notes still exist. Though they are mostly for the recording engineer to recall a mix so amp type/brand may not be part of the contents where track number, mic type and placement may be. If there were notes taken.

That's all well and good but the shark neck and the Lawrence were added after Signals. In the video that Strat still has a PAF.

I've said it before and I'll say it again their memories are suspect. Geddy doesn't remember playing Jacob's Ladder before the R40 tour despite it being featured on ESL. This interview is from VT, 20 years after the fact.

I'm not sure where it or you are but it is the only one for sale that I can find. Rare bird.

Yeah I've never seen one either and I am in California. Glad to know we have members in Asia!