another reason why I LOVE THE FOO FIGHTERS

custom55

I just love this band...

First, for their f$&@#%*g great rock and roll.

Second, for things like this.

Great bunch of guys.

Custom, remind me to tell you my Foo story when we meet up at Joan Jett show in Newark. (Oh yeah, The Who is playing that night as well).

• Like 1

I attended the RUSH show in Kansas City on July 9th, this year, and of course, the Westboro Baptist HATE church members stood across the street from the Sprint Center, proudly annoying all of the many fans standing in line before the show. Wisely, every Rush fan I saw, appeared to totally ignore the picketing group of haters. What the FOO FIGHTERS did was a huge stroke of GENIUS!!!!!!!!! :dweez: :notworthy: :notworthy: :7up: :ebert: :clap: :cheerleader: :yes: Thank you so much, Foo Fighters, for so cleverly showing the WBC zealots to be the insane lunatics they truly are!!!!! :cheerleader: :yes: :ebert: :clap: :notworthy:

Foo Fighters are awesome and Dave Grohl has such knowledge of, and respect for, so many groups and people that have added to the rock tradition. He made a movie, "Sound City," about a legendary recording studio and all the artists that had recorded there (everyone !) that was having to close because they didn't have the money to update to digital systems. The movie drags in one or two places but is well worth watching; you get to see Nick Raskulinecz (producer of S & A and CA) talk about how he started there. Dave made the whole thing just to tell the story of the studio and the people that owned it because he was sad about the closing.

He also has had a series, "Sonic Highways," that has been on HBO (HBOgo, etc, now on DVD) all spring and summer, where the Foos recorded each one of their songs from their most recent album in a different historic studio in different cities across the US. The Austin episode (I think it is #4) is just totally awesome; he interviews about 20 different "rock" artists with roots there. The Seattle and Nashville epis are good as well.

Guess I am trying to say the man knows his musical influences, but we knew that already! :)