Does anyone else think Garden Road should've made the cut for the debut?

AnEggplant

I love Garden Road

But I love the debut as is

Garden Road should have been on Caress Of Steel instead of I Think I'm Going Bald - Caress then would have been a contender for the top spot in my book

Plus, Neil would have upped the intensity had they recorded it w/ him

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I love Garden Road

Garden Road should have been on Caress Of Steel instead of I Think I'm Going Bald - Caress then would have been a contender for the top spot in my book

I love I think I'm Going Bald though! It's a funny song. I really enjoy the humor plus the riff is pretty catchy.

I love Garden Road

I love I think I'm Going Bald though! It's a funny song. I really enjoy the humor plus the riff is pretty catchy.

I just don't like I Think I'm Going Bald on Caress Of Steel - it didn't fit the vibe

• Like 1

I love Garden Road

I just don't like I Think I'm Going Bald on Caress Of Steel - it didn't fit the vibe

I thought it fit fine, Caress is probably my 3rd favorite album.

I love Garden Road

I thought it fit fine, Caress is probably my 3rd favorite album.

Probably would have been Number One if Garden Road was on it

;)

Garden Road sure is a great song! I wish they would have added it as a bonus track when they released the new 200g vinyl

I know! That would've been great! Oh well.

The live Garden Road we know is Neil on drums, correct ?

If I am not mistaken, he had only been in the back a short time when it was recorded

We needed Neil playing it, and if it were to have been on the debut, well . . .

Need Some Love rocks. It stays.

Ha ha, nope. I could easily do without that or "In The Mood". It's Rush, not Van Halen. Part of the reason I love Rush so much is because they don't constantly sing songs about love/sex. In The Mood and Need Some Love are the unfortunate exception to that.

Ha ha, nope. I could easily do without that or "In The Mood". It's Rush, not Van Halen. Part of the reason I love Rush so much is because they don't constantly sing songs about love/sex. In The Mood and Need Some Love are the unfortunate exception to that.

It's less than three minutes. It was their debut album. They were what, 21? Cut them a little slack.

Sheesh.....

• Like 2

It's less than three minutes. It was their debut album. They were what, 21? Cut them a little slack.

Sheesh.....

I get that, but If they had put Garden Road instead of one of those songs it would have been an improvement.

Garden Road should've been the first song on side one.. then the entire Rush discography would begin and end with the word "garden".

How fitting for a band with so many tastes and flavors in its work..

• Like 4

Garden Road should've been the first song on side one.. then the entire Rush discography would begin and end with the word "garden".

How fitting for a band with so many tastes and flavors in its work..

That would've been great!

Sheesh.....

Plus Geddy wrote the lyrics to that entire album in one night because Rutsey threw his lyrics away.

Sheesh.....

Plus Geddy wrote the lyrics to that entire album in one night because Rutsey threw his lyrics away.

I know that too. But they already had Garden Road available.