SONG BATTLE: She Blinded Me With Science vs. Chemistry

fraroc

28 members have voted

1. 1. She Blinded Me With Science vs Chemistry

• Thomas Dolby: She Blinded Me With Science
    • Rush: Chemistry

BATTLE OF THE NERDY LOVE ANTHEMS, LETS GO!!!

I'm going to pick Chemistry for this one. I feel like it's an overall better sounding song, despite the fact that I actually really like She Blinded Me With Science for it's 80s cheesiness and ridiculousness :)

• Like 1

I pick Chemistry as well. It may not be my favourite Rush tune, but I certainly choose it over Thomas Dolby!

I am not a fan of '80s synth pop...not at all.

Best of luck to both, though.

:popcorn:

I picked the Thomas Dolby classic because I have liked it since it came out (yes, I am that old), whereas the Rush song to me is ok, but not one of their best.

"Science!"

I'll give you a like even though I don't agree. :P

I am also that old! Haha...I grew up with '80s music...and hated the lot!

I can't explain how it is, then, that I love all of the music Rush made in the '80s, with all the contemporary sounds they explored back then. They are an exception. (Just because they're Rush, that's why). So is some heavy metal that came out then, that I listened to as a teenager. But that's about all...

• Like 2

Gonna go for Chemistry. Why? Coz I don't love it, but it is less grating than the also quite OK Thomas Dolby song.

I like my synth with a bit more bite...*

*hides contradicting evidence

By the way, any non-Rush song is not likely to fare too well on a Rush forum when put up against a Rush song.

Just saying.

yea.......FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

but seriously it is unfair really.

Mick

• Like 1

I think the Thomas Dolby song is much more memorable. I couldn't tell you for the life of me how Chemistry goes, but I can remember pretty much all of SBMWS. Plus that video just sticks in your head.
  • Like 1

I have always been a rocker...played in rock bands when I was in my late teens and in my 20's, and I have always loved Chemistry by Rush. But damn I love She Blinded Me With Science. Here is Thomas doing this song at age 54. The song was originally a smash hit when he released it at age 24. By the way Thomas is the musical director for all of the TED conferences, and is a Professor of Arts and Music at Johns Hopkins University...

She Blinded Me With Science

Here are the boys doing Chemistry in 1983: