Ghost - Meliora

adace1

Lucky bastard! They aren't cumming back to Californication! Sexy.

NOT

Did you wait by their tour bus to meet them????

It was worth the wait when I did it in RENO.

"While the servant waits the masturbates"

Signed,

HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I

I don't have a life so I decided to wait it out after the show. I got the whole band to sign my copy of Infestissumam. I talked to their keyboard player for a minute about Ghuleh/Zombie Queen and how it was my favorite song by Ghost, with my favorite part being the keys! The whole band was very kind and chatted with us and shook our hands and stuff. There were a good 40 people outside and each member took a moment for each one.

• Like 3

Lucky bastard! They aren't cumming back to Californication! Sexy.

NOT

Did you wait by their tour bus to meet them????

It was worth the wait when I did it in RENO.

"While the servant waits the masturbates"

Signed,

HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I

I don't have a life so I decided to wait it out after the show. I got the whole band to sign my copy of Infestissumam. I talked to their keyboard player for a minute about Ghuleh/Zombie Queen and how it was my favorite song by Ghost, with my favorite part being the keys! The whole band was very kind and chatted with us and shook our hands and stuff. There were a good 40 people outside and each member took a moment for each one.

So, do you know what they all look like now? :o

How long did you have to wait before you met them? I've never been one of those wait and meet the band people. I honestly don't really have the desire to meet anyone in any bands I listen to. Appreciating the music is more than enough for me. I know talking to the fans is part of their job but I've always felt like I would be bothering them doing that since that's their free time. The only time I ever met a musician was when Ronnie James Dio had a signing at a record store back in 1998 to promote a show he was playing here that night. I figured since it was a scheduled event that I wasn't bothering him :LOL:

I think I was one of the only one's in the audience with a Rush shirt, I kept getting looks from folks into heavier stuff.

I was wearing a Judas Priest Redeemer Of Souls tour shirt. I got a few people to make comments on it. One drunk guy in front of me fist bumped me a few times just because I had a Priest shirt on. Big Ghost fan too, the guy was really into everything they played. If you ever go to a metal show in Canada and wear a Rush shirt, you won't get any odd looks. They're all like, "alright Rush, eh!" up there.

So, what did you think of the show?

Edited by J2112YYZ

If anyone else has a chance to meet the guys from Ghost please tell them to come play a non-festival show here in California! Heck, I'd even go to Reno (again!) or LA to see them (and I hate LA).

I was wearing a Judas Priest Redeemer Of Souls tour shirt. I got a few people to make comments on it. One drunk guy in front of me fist bumped me a few times just because I had a Priest shirt on. Big Ghost fan too, the guy was really into everything they played. If you ever go to a metal show in Canada and wear a Rush shirt, you won't get any odd looks. They're all like, "alright Rush, eh!" up there.

I thought the show was great, I paid $25 and it was worth every penny. The band was on fire, the guy who plays Papa is an excellent front man. Doing his little dirty hand gestures during instrumental moments and having the audience follow his every command! Only thing that bugged me was when he tried to get the audience to yell during the keyboard bit in Ghuleh but that really doesn't matter. I've never been to a show where the fans knew the lyrics so well, especially for a new album. I say that's a good sign that these guys may be destined to get even bigger.

Tribulation was also a good opener. I'd already been a little familiar with them before so I was happy to find out they were playing

I thought the show was great, I paid $25 and it was worth every penny. The band was on fire, the guy who plays Papa is an excellent front man. Doing his little dirty hand gestures during instrumental moments and having the audience follow his every command! Only thing that bugged me was when he tried to get the audience to yell during the keyboard bit in Ghuleh but that really doesn't matter. I've never been to a show where the fans knew the lyrics so well, especially for a new album. I say that's a good sign that these guys may be destined to get even bigger.

Tribulation was also a good opener. I'd already been a little familiar with them before so I was happy to find out they were playing

When you see newer bands, you'll find that people know the new stuff. Ghost only has three albums, so it's not like they have 40 years worth of material that fans have to try and familiarize themselves with before the show.

My brother and I thought Tribulation was terrible. Just flat out boring, uninteresting songs. While watching them I was reminded of a line from Dr Cox on the TV show Scrubs, "I cared so little, I almost passed out". That's how I felt about them.

I did enjoy having only one opener though. Reminded me of when I first started going to shows when one opener was standard and shows didn't become overloaded with support bands like they do a lot these days. I think having less opening bands helps to not wear out the crowd as much when the headliner comes on.

I did enjoy having only one opener though. Reminded me of when I first started going to shows when one opener was standard and shows didn't become overloaded with support bands like they do a lot these days. I think having less opening bands helps to not wear out the crowd as much when the headliner comes on.

^^^ This, most definitely.

When you see newer bands, you'll find that people know the new stuff. Ghost only has three albums, so it's not like they have 40 years worth of material that fans have to try and familiarize themselves with before the show.

My brother and I thought Tribulation was terrible. Just flat out boring, uninteresting songs. While watching them I was reminded of a line from Dr Cox on the TV show Scrubs, "I cared so little, I almost passed out". That's how I felt about them.

I've seen a few newer bands headline like Baroness, but nobody really sang their lyrics. They were still plugging their Yellow and Green album at that time. Then again they aren't as easy to sing along to like Ghost. But they were still super receptive to the band, they were obviously the band we were all there to see. Unlike the Megadeth show where the audience had a more varied alliances

I liked Tribulation a lot, the only problem was that they were so over the top it looked a bit ridiculous. It seemed like they were trying to be more serious than the headliner. Especially since they were opening for a big campy theatrical show that was already expected to be silly and tongue in cheek.

To be a hater: if you are not Kiss and wear makeup and masks then I cannot take you or your music seriously. I gave this album a listen...you couldn't pay me to listen to it again.

A band dedicated to playing songs about the devil, dressing as a provocative pope, and performing with a keytar is supposed to be taken seriously?

• Like 2

To be a hater: if you are not Kiss and wear makeup and masks then I cannot take you or your music seriously. I gave this album a listen...you couldn't pay me to listen to it again.

A band dedicated to playing songs about the devil, dressing as a provocative pope, and performing with a keytar is supposed to be taken seriously?

Yes.

I take all music I like seriously. Even Weird Al Yankovic.

• Like 1

Yes.

I love it. Like Les Claypool would sing, "It's a matter of a opinion." I could give a fuckk about humans who can't relate to the beauty of melodic metal despite a gimmick.

"HE IS" makes me tear up.

I told Tobias Forge right tow his face in Reno that his band was now THE NEW RUSH.

He was so flattered and taken back. He shook my hand and actually bowed to me for that compliment.

You fuckking RUSH ZOMBIES HAVE NO FUCKINGG CLUE!

I'm glad.

This band is my little SATANIC SECRET!!!

Enjoy jacking off and listening to "Vapor Trails" over and over and over again. I move on. I EVOLVE. I AM THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS! I AM JOHN CARPENTER!!!

Did RUSH win a fuckking GRAMMY With SUCK MY CLOCKWORK ORGY ANGELS?

I prefer the DEVIL.

Give me GHOST!!!!

Enjoy KISS. I love them too but even they can't hold a black evil candle to GHOST!!!!

The only band I every traveled for was RUSH.

Well now it's GHOST.

Save your pennies Rush Fanboi Star Man Boy Toys!

GHOST RULES!!!!

To each their own!!!

Perhaps you can fly to Toronto and catch Alex lighting it up at a comedy club.

Perhaps you can fly to Ontario to see Geddy Lee play an acoustic show in some small smokey club.

Perhaps I can go stalk Neil, Carrie and Oliva in Santa Monica.

How fuckking lame is that?

MOVE THE FUKK ON!

GHOST IS MY SAVING GRAVE I MEAN GRACE!!!

PRAISE SATAN!

PRAISE HUMANS WHO LOVE GHOST!!

TOBIAS FORGE!!

THE NEW NEIL PEART!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Yes.

I love it. Like Les Claypool would sing, "It's a matter of a opinion." I could give a fuckk about humans who can't relate to the beauty of melodic metal despite a gimmick.

I told Tobias Forge right tow his face in Reno that his band was now THE NEW RUSH.

He was so flattered and taken back. He shook my hand and actually bowed to me for that compliment.

I'm glad.

Enjoy jacking off and listening to "Vapor Trails" over and over and over again. I move on. I EVOLVE. I AM THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS! I AM JOHN CARPENTER!!!

I prefer the DEVIL.

Give me GHOST!!!!

Enjoy KISS. I love them too but even they can't hold a black evil candle to GHOST!!!!

Well now it's GHOST.

GHOST RULES!!!!

To each their own!!!

Perhaps you can fly to Ontario to see Geddy Lee play an acoustic show in some small smokey club.

MOVE THE FUKK ON!

PRAISE SATAN!

TOBIAS FORGE!!

The gimmick wasn't even an issue for me at first. I heard Elizabeth back after the first album came out and I didn't know the band had that when listening to it. Only after that I found out about the masks and shit.

Ghost has a long way to go before they're even a top 20 band with me let alone rivaling Rush for the top spot.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Yes.

I'm glad.

I prefer the DEVIL.

Give me GHOST!!!!

Well now it's GHOST.

GHOST RULES!!!!

To each their own!!!

MOVE THE FUKK ON!

PRAISE SATAN!

TOBIAS FORGE!!

The gimmick wasn't even an issue for me at first. I heard Elizabeth back after the first album came out and I didn't know the band had that when listening to it. Only after that I found out about the masks and shit.

Ghost has a long way to go before they're even a top 20 band with me let alone rivaling Rush for the top spot.

Well I like your honesty. To each their own! GHOST Is in my TOP 5 yet will NEVER EVER be my number one. RUSH will always be at the top!!

"The Tide Is High and I'm going to drink a bottle of rum, I'm gonna be your number one...........number one.........."

• Like 1

New EP to be released this year along with a brand new tour in support of it. hope these guys don't burn themselves out.

Speaking to MetalSucks during GHOST's spring U.S. tour, one of the band's Nameless Ghouls stated about the group's plans for the coming months (see video below): "We're gonna finish up this tour in Albany, which is on May 22nd, and then our European tour starts May 27th. And that stretches into right in the beginning of July; so that's gonna be festivals. After that, we have an EP coming out. That's gonna be great, because that's gonna, sort of, re-energize the whole cycle. So there's gonna be some new material, we're gonna have a new stage show. So it's gonna be a completely different setting. Then we're gonna terrorize you with that up until next year."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ghost-to-release-new-ep-this-year/#HmuZqtIz6GrOE87U.99

• Like 1

GHOST should cover a Blondie song.

Well...Subvision does sing "I fell in love with a blondie", so...

Last week I went on a Ghost/MagnaCartaCartel/Subvision run of epic proportions. I only to listen to Tull's A Passion Play, but other than that it was pretty much Tobias & Co. Can't get enough of their stuff!

• Like 1