Ghost - Meliora

adace1

A pic of me on my way up to Detroit yesterday. Daughter's response to this when I texted it to her later: "METALNURD4LYFE." :guitar: Haha!

The show was at the Majestic Theater over by Wayne State University. And what a show! The crowd dug Purson, the opener, and Ghost was SO, SO tight (no "Double Agent" jokes, please). I was about 8 squished bodies away from the front, with everyone in front of me my height (5'7") or shorter, so I had an unrestricted view for most of the night. When a t0dallY brEWtAL m0sHPit broke out in my zone I moved away, though. The setlist contained everything I had hoped, minus one song (no spoilers here -- if you want the setlist, PM me).

Ghost pics with my new (and first!) smartphone to come a little later...

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx9/xcal9802/metalnurd4lyfe_zps0qi82sys.jpg

• Like 5

A pic of me on my way up to Detroit yesterday. Daughter's response to this when I texted it to her later: "METALNURD4LYFE." :guitar: Haha!

The show was at the Majestic Theater over by Wayne State University. And what a show! The crowd dug Purson, the opener, and Ghost was SO, SO tight (no "Double Agent" jokes, please). I was about 8 squished bodies away from the front, with everyone in front of me my height (5'7") or shorter, so I had an unrestricted view for most of the night. When a t0dallY brEWtAL m0sHPit broke out in my zone I moved away, though. The setlist contained everything I had hoped, minus one song (no spoilers here -- if you want the setlist, PM me).

Ghost pics with my new (and first!) smartphone to come a little later...

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx9/xcal9802/metalnurd4lyfe_zps0qi82sys.jpg

Fing ace shirt.

• Like 1

But I can tell you that if you count the brief instrumental "Spöksonat,"* the show is a healthy 20 songs long.

*Spöksonat is Swedish for "Ghost Sonata."

Hmmm...like "spook". Etymology is fun.

But I can tell you that if you count the brief instrumental "Spöksonat,"* the show is a healthy 20 songs long.

If we discuss where the word "bug" came from then we'd have entomology etymology.

I'll let myself out.

• Like 3

Ding, ding, ding!

This is my next pick for the 500. :yes:

I was considering it too, but couldn't quite bring myself to choose an album that has only been around for a few weeks.

• Like 1

I was considering it too, but couldn't quite bring myself to choose an album that has only been around for a few weeks.

Why not? It's a really good album.

Instant classic!
  • Like 2

Well, this thread is on it's 19th page. So, it looks like the album has had a huge impact on a lot of the forum members. It deserves a spot there. May as well get a new release in the 500 while the album is still hot and fresh for everyone.

• Like 1