A spirited debate - "Ghost of a Chance" vs. "Ghost Rider".

rocket ignites

A spirited debate - "Ghost of a Chance" vs. "Ghost Rider".  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which "Ghost" song do you prefer?

• "Ghost of a Chance"
    • "Ghost Rider"

I'd say both are interesting and carry some heavy meaning. Lyrically I like GOAC, but not so much musically. I think Ghost Rider is a quality song off of VT...it gets my vote.

Thoughts? Which song do you prefer?

Edited by A rocket that ignites itself

as a ghost myself I have deep love for both, but Ghost Rider resonates with me most these days

that said, GOAC was a revelation at the time (1991)

it was a jewel of a song on an album that seemed like 'the end' for Rush - dark times

• Like 2

I love both songs but after listening to the S&A live version of GOAC, it gets my vote.

I admit that I was disappointed with GOAC in concert only because it replaced Entre Nous on the 2nd leg of the S&A tour...but it was cool to witness both played live.

Both songs are great. GR is straight from Neil's heart and that means a lot. GoaC has lyrics that mean something to me, so that is great. I voted for both because I could!
  • Like 1

I enjoy the lyrics and vibe of GOAC. Same goes for GR. However the guitar work on GOAC is just fantastic. Toss up really

Ghost of Nasa, the rare B Side off 'Moist' is better than both of these

• Like 3

Close to being a tie but I can't stand the mix on Vapor Trails so the vote goes to Ghost of a Chance.

Why does the mix always have to be an issue? What about the song itself?

Ghost Of A Chance is a nothing song, a nice one but in comparison to the autobiographical weight of Ghost Rider, it falls flat.

• Like 1

Close to being a tie but I can't stand the mix on Vapor Trails so the vote goes to Ghost of a Chance.

Ghost Of A Chance is a nothing song, a nice one but in comparison to the autobiographical weight of Ghost Rider, it falls flat.

The mix is an issue because it's annoying. The bass drum is so far forward that it's distracting. It makes it hard for me to enjoy the song. I understand why people like GR and lyrically I think it's a good song, but GOAC just appeals to me more.

• Like 2

The mix is an issue because it's annoying. The bass drum is so far forward that it's distracting. It makes it hard for me to enjoy the song. I understand why people like GR and lyrically I think it's a good song, but GOAC just appeals to me more.

I am going to revisit RTB today. I am listening to a lot of soft rock at the moment, so it might make an impact this time around!

• Like 1

Both good, but Ghost Rider is much much better.

This. Anyone who dislikes Ghost Rider cannot value the Passion behind Neil's words.

• Like 2