Most Overrated Band and/or Musician

Lorraine

Always a lot of threads here on who is the most talented musician or the best band, but how about the opposite?

Who do you think has gone the farthest and has the least amount of talent?

What musicians and/or bands have gotten more recognition than they deserve?

I'm with you on EC. While I've never heard him hit a bad note, I'm just . . . not . . . that impressed.

Together we will face the fire.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

I know this will bring a hailstorm of hate, but I cannot lie.

It's this man

http://www.ericclapton.com/sites/g/files/g2000004346/f/201409/1.jpg

I liked him in Cream, Layla, and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" but otherwise his solo career is really boring

• Like 3

Bruce Springsteen

http://blog.ketchum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bruce-Springsteen.jpg

Oh dear, wait until Segue sees this. There goes my thread.

Bruce is always number one on these lists, I just wanted to beat everyone else to it :D

Amen dude! Sorry Segue...dude is grating.
  • Like 2

If he is so talentless, how did he make it so big and what sustains him after all these decades?

The longer I am here on TRF, the more I become convinced that someone like myself who is not a musician wouldn't know talent if it hit me in the face because if you are not a musician, what point of reference would someone have to gage talent?

If he is so talentless, how did he make it so big and what sustains him after all these decades?

The longer I am here on TRF, the more I become convinced that someone like myself who is not a musician wouldn't know talent if it hit me in the face because if you are not a musician, what point of reference would someone have to gage talent?

Never said he wasn't talented, he's just not good.

• Like 1

You have to explain that one. Is he lazy?

Bruce Springsteen

http://blog.ketchum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Bruce-Springsteen.jpg

Oh dear, wait until Segue sees this. There goes my thread.

Bruce is always number one on these lists, I just wanted to beat everyone else to it :D

Amen dude! Sorry Segue...dude is grating.

Agree with Springsteen.

I call your Springsteen and raise you a John Cougar Mellencamp, better known as Bruce Lite.

• Like 3

More that I just don't like his music, but he's a hell of a performer. The E Street Band is talented too. They plays for hours and he really plays his heart out, but I just can't stand his music

• Like 1

Springsteen and Dylan for me. Even if other music isn't my cup of tea I can typically see what their fans appreciate. With these two I simply do not get it. Typically, this type of comment gets feedback about their lyrics or writing. I don't get that either with them. I never will and it's ok and if you love them then I say good for you.
  • Like 3

Springsteen and Dylan for me. Even if other music isn't my cup of tea I can typically see what their fans appreciate. With these two I simply do not get it. Typically, this type of comment gets feedback about their lyrics or writing. I don't get that either with them. I never will and it's ok and if you love them then I say good for you.

I have to agree 100% with you about Bob Dylan. Despised him in the sixties and still don't like him, and I have never understood his appeal. :huh:

• Like 1

More that I just don't like his music, but he's a hell of a performer. The E Street Band is talented too. They plays for hours and he really plays his heart out, but I just can't stand his music

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said Union.

This thread is destined for nastiness and higher levels of shock. ;)

I have to agree 100% with you about Bob Dylan. Despised him in the sixties and still don't like him, and I have never understood his appeal. :huh:

I can understand the hate towards Dylan's vocals...which is the most common criticism. But lyrically I think he says so much. I like him.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I am so not sitting alone rocking back and forth praying this is all a nightmare...

But this thread...

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/95833.gif

• Like 5

Pink Floyd

Rolling Stones

Porcupine Tree

Steve Wilson

Radiohead

Metallica

Anthrax

Bon Jovi

KISS