2015-2016 College Football thread

Aikenrooster

The garnet and black Gamecocks of South Carolina will be fielding a team of mostly unknown players and NONE of the QBs competing for the starting job have played a full set of downs under game conditions.

Our head coach assures us that we're going to have a good team, though, and told us not to pay attention to any media, because "we have enemies now."

The word on da skreets is dat we have picked up some outstanding offensive lineman, but, again, they have little starting experience as a unit. Still, this gives one hope.

Our schedule is brutal, one of the toughest in the nation. We have all of our SEC East opponents, with Georgia, Missouri, and Tennessee on the road. Our SEC West opponents are LSU and Texas A&M, with the latter on the road. We have two tough ACC opponents, Clemson and North Carolina, the latter being in Charlotte for the season opener. Also, we have Central Florida and in-state opponent The Citadel.

I won't make any predictions, since there are too many unknowns, but you all know I'm very pessimistic, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised by any victories, especially against Georgia, those bastards.

I'm in the business. along with about 50 kids at the D2 and 3 level, we have kids playing at the following schools;

Ohio State, #90, Senior NT

Stanford, #57, Senior C

Iowa, # 65, Senior G

All three of them have the ability to make an NFL team, we'll see if they do soon.

The center for San Diego Chargers, #65 is our kid.

Northern Illinois, #95 Junior DE

Duke, #64 Junior O line

Vandy, #83 RS Soph TE

Obviously I root for these teams while they are playing.

To answer your question, I have been around the game as a coach for 20 years, I had a kid play for U Tennessee when they won the National Championship, and imo I have never seen a collection of talent like Ohio State has. They have role-playing back ups that can play in the NFL. I really think it's theirs to lose.

Anything can happen, but if they aren't in the Playoff they will be seen forever as a massive failure.

Bama is still Bama, and Michigan State is flat out angry. TCU and Baylor have got to be insane at this point because of last year. I think the top teams from last year should be right there again.

• Like 1

Predictions for the playoffs/national champion?

Predictions for your favorite team?

Indiana will be 4-8 and miss a bowl game for the 21st time in 22 seasons.

O$U is loaded. I think they'll take it. TCU and Baylor will fight it out for the Big XII. No one in the ACC will contend. Don't know much about the Pac 12. Anyone but Satan in the SEC.

• Like 1

Iowa State will go anywhere from 1-11 to 3-9. The games against Northern Iowa, Toledo, and Iowa are winnable at the beginning of the year, then we lose at least the next 9 games for the rest of the season.

Iowa State will go anywhere from 1-11 to 3-9. The games against Northern Iowa, Toledo, and Iowa are winnable at the beginning of the year, then we lose at least the next 9 games for the rest of the season.

You don't think the Cyclones can beat Kansas?

I suppose Kansas is also beatable. We have a few more players that are still on the roster from last year than they do. Both teams are definitely cellar dwellers, though.

But if we beat the Hawkeyes again, Paul Rhoads will probably keep his job for another year.

Edited by BowlCity

I suppose Kansas is also beatable. We have a few more players that are still on the roster from last year than they do. Both teams are definitely cellar dwellers, though.

But if we beat the Hawkeyes again, Paul Rhoads will probably keep his job for another year.

There's really no reason Indiana shouldn't play Iowa State. The programs are, if nothing else, kindred spirits.

There's really no reason Indiana shouldn't play Iowa State. The programs are, if nothing else, kindred spirits.

Can we have Jay Cutler play with one of the teams? That's entertainment.

Can we have Jay Cutler play with one of the teams? That's entertainment.

He could be all time QB.

Nah, actually IU plays an up tempo offense. He'd be out of breath by the second series.

• Like 1

The garnet and black Gamecocks of South Carolina will be fielding a team of mostly unknown players and NONE of the QBs competing for the starting job have played a full set of downs under game conditions.

Our head coach assures us that we're going to have a good team, though, and told us not to pay attention to any media, because "we have enemies now."

The word on da skreets is dat we have picked up some outstanding offensive lineman, but, again, they have little starting experience as a unit. Still, this gives one hope.

Our schedule is brutal, one of the toughest in the nation. We have all of our SEC East opponents, with Georgia, Missouri, and Tennessee on the road. Our SEC West opponents are LSU and Texas A&M, with the latter on the road. We have two tough ACC opponents, Clemson and North Carolina, the latter being in Charlotte for the season opener. Also, we have Central Florida and in-state opponent The Citadel.

I won't make any predictions, since there are too many unknowns, but you all know I'm very pessimistic, so I hope to be pleasantly surprised by any victories, especially against Georgia, those bastards.

Being ranked number 9 to start the season last year resulted in complete disaster, starting with the friggin opening game against Texas A and M, which was an embarrasing beat down to and on the Gamecocks. After that disastrous start to last year, i will settle for just a win against UNC in the Gamecocks opener this year. One game at a time.

• Like 1

I'm an LSU fan, and we are headed for 8-4...9-3 if we catch some breaks.

QB position is too weak. Unless we power run 45 times a game with 3 backs again.

My prediction for The Top 4 teams at the end should be in some order..

TCU/ TOSU/ Southern Cal/ +SEC Survivior...Longshots are Clemson, Michigan State and Notre Dame....

• Like 1

Kansas only has 4 returning starters. Iowa State will beat them by 21, even as bad as Iowa State will be.

Plus I will be in Vegas that weekend, the handicapping data suggests Kansas won't score 10 points in 8 of their games.

Being ranked number 9 to start the season last year resulted in complete disaster, starting with the friggin opening game against Texas A and M, which was an embarrasing beat down to and on the Gamecocks. After that disastrous start to last year, i will settle for just a win against UNC in the Gamecocks opener this year. One game at a time.

Amen.

What do you do exactly?

Strength Coach and Defensive Line

• Like 2

TCU vs. Minnesota tonight. I'm obviously pulling for my home town Frogs but I wonder why the spread is set at 16 1/2. Minnesota is a pretty good team and tough to beat at home.

Because TCU could lay 80 points on them IF they really wanted to. And, after getting skipped over by the playoff committee last year, ALL Big XII teams should run up the scores on their opponents

TCU vs. Minnesota tonight. I'm obviously pulling for my home town Frogs but I wonder why the spread is set at 16 1/2. Minnesota is a pretty good team and tough to beat at home.

Because TCU could lay 80 points on them IF they really wanted to. And, after getting skipped over by the playoff committee last year, ALL Big XII teams should run up the scores on their opponents

TCU has a chip in its shoulder that's for sure. But 16.5 is a lot of points.

Carolina plays the Tar Holes at 6PM EDT,just a few hours from now. Woo hoo!

The clock is moving slowly . . .

Publix had porterhouse steaks for $6.99/lb. and they are HUGE! I'm about to prepare the grill now. Wife gonna make a salad to go with it! Hopefully, that will go well with a Gamecocks victory!
  • Like 1