Did anyone else get a bit angry when...

24 replies to this topic

#21 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

Big Hat Funny!

• Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

I've seen Neil Young play for 2 hours acoustic with 1 spotlight
GREAT SHOW

I've seen Pink Floyd play a Stadium with Pigs the size of Blimps, and Hammers 200 feet tall.
GREAT SHOW.

Meaning: If you have great music, the stage is always secondary.

Sponsored Post

#22 JBsDWdrums

JBsDWdrums

The Seeker

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Drumming in all styles...music...biking...art...cooking...sci fi...good horror movies....Rush

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostJaminbenb, on 15 August 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Yeah....a single bass drum is a boring thing... made me hedge on going the past 10 times I went to see them because I was pretty hell bent on seeing him play with two bass drums....

Yep....pretty disappointed that Neil hasn't added bass drums over the years...he should have like 9 of em by now...would be sooooo much more exciting if he had 9 bass drums...he could have a different logo on each like the boring set has on its shells...that boring first half set...whether they are actually playable or not...9 bass drums. ;)

Edited by JBsDWdrums, 16 August 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#23 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

Initially I thought it was strange but remembering what the theme of this show was probably going to be, I fully expected them to change things around to some extent. (I just didn't expect the changing to happen so frequently).

#24 BloodofTheZodiac

BloodofTheZodiac

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 15 August 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

I've seen Neil Young play for 2 hours acoustic with 1 spotlight
GREAT SHOW

I've seen Pink Floyd play a Stadium with Pigs the size of Blimps, and Hammers 200 feet tall.
GREAT SHOW.

Meaning: If you have great music, the stage is always secondary.

I agree 100%, but with Rush...you KNOW you're getting that stuff on stage. I was just initially disappointed that it looked like they didn't put much thought into the the stage aspect, regardless of what the setlist was. But like I said, it caught me off guard and I was happy that they DID do something different from the previous tour.

#25 Sgt.D

Sgt.D

The Seeker

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:35 AM

I went into Lincoln spoiler free and will admit I was worried they mailed it in on the stage set and even after a few songs I was still thinking they were gonna go out not too different then the last few tours song wise. Man was I WRONG! and so glad I was, and when they wheeled out Neil's second kit my jaw dropped. No doubt, my thinking went to the other side of what they did and I couldn't be happier it was incorrect. I went from thinking didn't care what the fans desired to knowing they care bigtime! Esp. after I read the tour book! Thanks again guys!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users