Street Preachers

40 replies to this topic

#41 CygnusGal

CygnusGal

Cylon Model No. 2112

• Members *
  • 5121 posts
  • Location:the space between the mysterious, invisible force lurking in the constellation Cygnus and the destination at unverified jump coordinates 1123.6536.5321
  • Interests:music, books, computers and networking, astronomy, Cylon technology

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

View Postbathory, on 21 August 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 19 August 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostCygnusGal, on 15 August 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

There are always street preachers for lo, the end is nigh ... :sigh:

Ruled
Under
Satan's
Hand

Red pentagram is clearly satanic (... er, but it's right side up so it's more pentacle than pentagram :unsure: ... shhh... ) plus the naked guy on Hemispheres :tsk:

I remember some religion channel in the '80s.  I can't recall the name of the preacher and his wife, but she sure wore a lot of mascara (as all of the 80s preacher ladies did - it wasn't Tammy Faye who, it turns out, was a genuinely good person, may she rest in peace).

Knights In Satan's Service (they wore scary makeup), Styx was named for the river in the underworld which is bad, Alice Cooper obviously for being dead, Kansas (for some reason), and the usual Black Sabbath lambasting.

Ironically, as I've started the listening to Sabbath in depth, I've come to the conclusion that they were actually a Christian rock band :eh:  The greatest ever.

One of my favourite Sabbath songs. :haz:

Why would you consider Sabbath a Christian rock band?

Just curious, never heard this view before!

it's right there in the lyrics. they're not a "christian rock" band, but they preached the wrath of god more sensibly than the people who were busy burning their albums and ignoring their lyrics.
:goodone:
It is ironic.  Not "Christian Rock", per se, but much more than any other band I listen to.

Definitely more than Neil...

Edited by CygnusGal, 21 August 2015 - 05:12 PM.

Sponsored Post

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users