Little League World Series

Little World Series  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Little League World Series Opinions

• Hate It
    • Love It
    • Why are these punks on my TV?
    • Could care less/ No Opinion

Had the most interesting debate about the Little League World Series today.

Seems a number of people hate this being on TV. I personally think it's a waste of broadcast time.

Plus few people know this is NOT an exact science on what teams can qualify. Your city has to be in a Certain category, and most jurisdictions cannot/ will not pay what is required to qualify. Plus these are all ALL STAR versions from THAT city.

Plus these games always end with some 12 year old crying.

Seeing what the opinions of TRF are.

Hate it. Don't watch it. Think it's bad for society.

But since I have MLB Extra Innings and it's the NFL preseason, I don't hate it that much, there's always something better on.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say love it, but I don't mind it and I like when Karl Ravech does the games, he was a local announcer in PA way back when! I get interested when there is a team from PA or a good back story like last year, with Mo'ne Davis, the girl from Philly that was such an awesome pitcher! Another local team (Red Land, PA just down the road) has qualified and start tonight, they play at 7.

Can't speak to the part about what teams qualify and how they are put together but that is the old story of adult ambitions being forced on kids and ruining something fun for them . . . . It's not always that way. 25 yrs ago a team from the next town that practiced next to a cornfield went (Shippensburg, 1990) and came in 2nd only to Taiwan. They still talk about how cool it was.

If you ever get the chance to go in person, Williamsport is a beautiful town and all the LLWS games are free! You need to pick up a ticket for the stadium seats but anyone can bring a blanket and sit on the surrounding bank! I think that is so cool in this day and age. :heart: BASEBALL :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

You couldn't find a bigger baseball fan than I was in my youth and even probably into my 20's. Couldn't care less since and the more the years go by I care even lesser. Damn and I really loved the game too. You would have to tie me down and prop my eyes open with toothpicks to get me to watch any game of any age group or level...
  • Like 1

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/20150855d79573cf6c5.jpg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202015-08-21%20at%206.05.58%20PM.png

OK, these guys are the team just down the road (a little south of Harrisburg) and are one of 16 teams in the LLWS !! A real team all from the same area! They play at 8 pm tonight and I'll be watching this and Pirates/Giants at the same time. I think the name the LLWS gave them is Mid Atlantic champions (Lewisberry) but everyone here knows them as Red Land, which is their school district. :)

Kids should play sports for exercise and to learn things like teamwork and discipline. Things like the LLWS are not conducive to these lessons IMO.

I don't disagree with you; my son was not in our local Little League, but I'm still cheerin' for the kids down the road, for now. :) The Ugandan team is actually the interesting story, especially after reading this article. I hope that their travel gives them some good experiences to take home with them-

http://www.sbnation....gue-world-serie

I don't like the US being on one side of the bracket and "the rest of the world" in another. It always guarantees a US team in the finals, which is bullshit. It's another example of the US acting like we are better than everyone else.
  • Like 1

These teams should be randomly put into brackets.

It is the LLWS, Not the US vs. someone else series.

But TV controls rules

• Like 2