Just started The X-Files

MeanMeanPride

Man, this is good! I saw a few episodes here and there when it was airing, but for some reason I never committed to watching a whole bunch of it. That is what Netflix is for, right?

About halfway through the first season so far. Any fans?

• Like 2

I'm a huge fan as you can probably guess from my avatar pic. The last couple of seasons were kind of messed up because David Duchovny had a contract dispute with the network and so he wasn't in the last two seasons very much at all. But yeah, it's still my favorite tv show and I just love how they're releasing the eps now to the 16:9 aspect ratio and digitally remastered.They look gorgeous.Better than they did when they first aired.
  • Like 3

I'm a huge fan as you can probably guess from my avatar pic. The last couple of seasons were kind of messed up because David Duchovny had a contract dispute with the network and so he wasn't in the last two seasons very much at all. But yeah, it's still my favorite tv show and I just love how they're releasing the eps now to the 16:9 aspect ratio and digitally remastered.They look gorgeous.Better than they did when they first aired.

Who do you think you are Deep Throat? :o

Because of what happened to him, that would be a negatory. :LOL:

Do I seem to recall reading somewhere that the show was getting some sort of revival? Or was that memory implanted into my brain somehow (probably the aliens)?

Yes, they're filming in Vancouver right now. They're bringing back original writers and a lot of the original characters, including Skinner and the Cigarette Smoking Man. There are going to be six episodes and they're going to start airing on January 24th.

Wow. Well, I'm starting the show just in time I guess. Time to marathon!

I think I watched at least 2 or 3 episodes when I started re-watching back in March. Still took me like 3 months. There are over 200 episodes.

What about "X"???

What about "X"???

Same thing. :LOL:

What about "X"???

He was tough though wasn't he?

What about "X"???

Yeah. Tough and kinda creepy.

What about "X"???

Yeah. Tough and kinda creepy.

That just means you fancied him! :LOL:

Creeping closer to the end of season 1. Beyond the Sea is by far the best episode I've seen so far, in my opinion. What a great show!

I love Scully's rant at Boggs. That was epic. :)

• Like 2

The first three seasons are amongst my favourites of any tv show.

Why only the first 3?

IMHO, the first few seasons were much MUCH better than the latter ones. I can't remember which season I started losing interest but it might've been around season 4 or 5 or whenever they started doing more and more of the conspiracy stories.

By the time Moulder and Scully were gone, I was long gone.

The first three seasons are amongst my favourites of any tv show.

Why only the first 3?

IMHO, the first few seasons were much MUCH better than the latter ones. I can't remember which season I started losing interest but it might've been around season 4 or 5 or whenever they started doing more and more of the conspiracy stories.

By the time Moulder and Scully were gone, I was long gone.

Who's Moulder? ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by "gone".