Countdown vs. Kid Gloves

driven_to_xanadu

The big decision.........  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which song do you like more?

Which is the better song TRF? Both are undermined by far greater songs on each album..

I am fond of both songs but I'll go Kid Gloves, there is something profoundly cool about that song in my eyes.

• Like 1

Both songs are top shelf Rush to my ears, but I agree with Zumbi, Countdown is the better of the two.

Kid Gloves is a joyous song though, and like all but one of the songs on GUP, it gets a perfect score from me!

• Like 1

Kid Gloves is better but they are both not great songs as far as Rush goes even for that era...

A kick in the nuts?

Neither are good, but Kid Gloves is actively not good, so I will go with the more passively not good Countdown as the choice here.

never could get into kid gloves that and red lens. Countdown just for the video and the youtube videos out there that cordinate the song to various Nasa footage. makes it better for me. I think this would of made for a great concert opener.

I like both. It took a while to like Kid Gloves and now I believe it to be one of the best track on Grace Under Pressure. However, I went with Countdown because I've liked the song for as Iong as I've known it.

I don't think Kid Gloves is undermined at all on the album. Grace Under Pressure has three great songs - KG is one of them.

I think GUP is all great, except Red Lenses which is very good

• Like 1

the solo in kid gloves alone is more memorable than anything on echo, snakes or vapor

I have no idea what solo you're talking about.

• Like 1

the solo in kid gloves alone is more memorable than anything on echo, snakes or vapor

I have no idea what solo you're talking about.

Oh, I do. It is a good one. I won't venture to lavish it with hyperbole...but it's a good one.

• Like 1

Both songs are top shelf Rush to my ears, but I agree with Zumbi, Countdown is the better of the two.

Kid Gloves is a joyous song though, and like all but one of the songs on GUP, it gets a perfect score from me!

Joyous is a great way to describe it! The keys in Countdown go from opening dirge to joyous elation, but Kid Gloves joyously pops its cork like a bottle of champagne and sprays till it's empty. It gets the nod here.
  • Like 1

Joyous is a great way to describe it! The keys in Countdown go from opening dirge to joyous elation, but Kid Gloves joyously pops its cork like a bottle of champagne and sprays till it's empty. It gets the nod here.

Both songs are great...I love the way Countdown builds

• Like 2