Middle Eastern doctor?

pony2112

He wore a turban, and was always on the front row, did not see him this tour. Anyone know what happened to him?

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, I met him in Vancouver. He's part of this forum.

That's Farid. An excellent gentleman, a doctor, and member of this board for ten years. The band knows him very, very well, and usually nod a greeting his way during the opening song. He sat next to me in Montreal this tour. He also made it to the Lincoln show this tour, and I think a few more. I first met him when he sold me a ticket to a DC-area show about 13 years ago. We've sold one another front row tickets when we're blessed with such things ever since. Not only was his face prominent on the fan pics behind the band during the second set, but Neil mentions him in one of his books, although not by name.

A genuinely nice guy. I'll miss seeing him at shows.

• Like 6

Yeah I just finished Roadshow a couple weeks ago (this was the book documenting the R30 tour) and Neil mentions him and makes a joke about a Sikh doctor. Although he doesnt claim to know him in the book but says he gave Gump some sticks to give to him. And says that he shows up to a lot of shows.

but Neil mentions him in one of his books, although not by name.

It went something like this...

"What kind of a doctor is he?"

"The kind who treats Sikh people"

--NEP

Roadshow

OK Farid...c'mon out...let's get to know you. You're not a reclusive famous person are you?

That's Farid. An excellent gentleman, a doctor, and member of this board for ten years. The band knows him very, very well, and usually nod a greeting his way during the opening song. He sat next to me in Montreal this tour. He also made it to the Lincoln show this tour, and I think a few more. I first met him when he sold me a ticket to a DC-area show about 13 years ago. We've sold one another front row tickets when we're blessed with such things ever since. Not only was his face prominent on the fan pics behind the band during the second set, but Neil mentions him in one of his books, although not by name.

He introduced himself to me in Vancouver. :hi: He's a nice guy.

OK Farid...c'mon out...let's get to know you. You're not a reclusive famous person are you?

I think you're being dragged out of the shadows now.

• Like 1

He introduced himself to me in Vancouver. :hi: He's a nice guy.

I think you're being dragged out of the shadows now.

Yep...C'mon dude. Introduce thyself

I've never met this man, but during one of the between song fan photo montages, there was a guy in a turban, can't remember between which two songs. Was it him perhaps?

Nah I know who you are talking about but he seems much younger than this guy. I think that capture was taken from one of the Toronto shows on the CA tour. He was another guy middle eastern who was front row.

Interesting...never seen him or heard of him until this. I think it really speaks to the loyalty of this fanbase that we start to know and recognize faces at concerts throughout the years.

I'm reading Neil's "Roadshow" in which he talks about he and his bandmates recognizing fans from show to show, and tour to tour. I thought that was really cool.

I know that envy is not really a good thing, but I'm just thinking, this guy obviously has had the freedom, both personally and financially, to follow the band around for every tour, going back at least to Vapor Trails, getting front row seats presumably for every show...

This isn't to say anything negative about the life I have...but I'm finding it hard not to envy that. Holy crap.

I've never met this man, but during one of the between song fan photo montages, there was a guy in a turban, can't remember between which two songs. Was it him perhaps?

Nah I know who you are talking about but he seems much younger than this guy. I think that capture was taken from one of the Toronto shows on the CA tour. He was another guy middle eastern who was front row.

I can assure you, there was one image during the fan photos of a gentleman wearing a dastar (the Sikh turban), and that was a photo of Farid. He confirmed as much when we were talking in Lincoln, the second show of the tour, but the first show of the tour that he attended. We are indeed talking about the same person.
  • Like 1

I know that envy is not really a good thing, but I'm just thinking, this guy obviously has had the freedom, both personally and financially, to follow the band around for every tour, going back at least to Vapor Trails, getting front row seats presumably for every show...

This isn't to say anything negative about the life I have...but I'm finding it hard not to envy that. Holy crap.

Envy? "I wish I was just like you, beautiful and rich." Stupid cosmic door!!
  • Like 2

Envy? "I wish I was just like you, beautiful and rich." Stupid cosmic door!!

All right, I guess I need to clarify- that particular element of his life.

Jeezalou...