The 2015-16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Thank you for not wanting to provide and spoilers. ;) Yes I am going to see it, but I will wait for the mad rush to subside. As for my query I was more wondering if it met all your expectations. I know previously when things are whipped up in the frenzy of hype the actual experience can end up being flat. That has actually happened regarding Star Wars for me. :AlienSmiley: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

It's the condiment bowl! Mustard vs Ketchup

Mustard squirted 1st :boohoo:

Mustard beat Ketchup. Those unis were embarrassing, especially at the last game in St. Louis. If I was a St. Louis fan, I'd tell them to take their team of French's out of town.

Well it is official the Bucs were officially eliminated from the playoffs today and any ridiculous talk of them being a "mathematical" possibility is over. Now maybe the team as a whole can concentrate on finishing with a .500 season and building on the accomplishments made in this season.

Go Bucs :madra:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

They've improved for sure but I'm glad th didn't make the playoffs so I don't have to listen to lovie talk about how it proved they've made strides. It's week 14 and he's still saying "until we fix the penalties were not going to get better so we'll talk about it and work in it." Getting tired of hearing his bs. I think some chairs need to be thrown. Anything different besides talking about it.

Well there goes 8-8 :( along with the same Lovie rhetoric about how there are a better team than the product on the field. Fitting loss as all the demons that has plagued this squad reared their ugly heads this game. I honestly believe the coaches of this team starting with Lovie do not know how to prepare this team to win!!! We will probably get our asses kicked next week as now Carolina will have to play to get home field advantage. Oh well 6-10 is better than 2-14 but does not come with a choice draft pick. We should've been soo much better than this. Oh well there's always next year. :boohoo:

BTW the Mrs. & I went to see Star Wars Christmas night. I thought it was very well done! ;)

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I like dirk but I'm not sure about the rest of the staff. Problem is the last thing you want with a young QB is too much change. I think lovie gets another year but they need playoffs next year or he should be out. Lovie talks the talk but you get the impression his discipline is at Raheem levels. I think his idea of improving the penalties is telling the guys once a week at meetings to get better with no actual plan. That's the real issue with lovie. You just don't feel like there is a plan. Jameis has won me over with his play and I like sims, Martin and (even with the drops) Evans. The O line has actually been shockingly good especially with the injuries. The defense sucks. You never see a buc make contact and knock the other player back. They always pick up an extra yard or two pushing the buc back. They may go almost all defense in draft.

Late Wednesday night the bucs fired lovie smith. The move is a surprise to people around the country and those that cover the sport at a national level but I'm not surprised at the move but am surprised it didn't happen sooner after Sunday but the bucs tend to move slow. If you look at the defensive stats and listen to his press conferences and his radio interviews (which I did throughout the year) you never had any confidence he was going to get the job done. Week after week he answered the same questions with the same answer. Bad tackling, penalties, inconsistent pass rush, porous secondary and finishing season 0-4 got him fired.

Also take note of the increased interest that Dirk Koetter started receiving as a head coach. It is clear the Falcons and Matt Ryan missed him and the offense was the only bright spot this year and the ONLY reason the win total increased over last season. No Dirk and no Jameis and Lovie is still fired after winning maybe 2-4 games. There are reports that the Dolphins were close to making an offer to dirk Monday and then switched gears. Some people think the glazers reached out to dirk then about their plans and his interest. However, with the Rooney rule in place this can't be confirmed. Some of the defensive players have been critical of the move but if they keep dirk and can add the right defensive coach I think it will be the right move now and especially in 2 years when they have everything in lance instead of firing lovie then.

Stupid move, he took the team from 2-14 to 6-10 and the team seemed much better than last year, and Winston came along very nicely. Makes no sense.

I think it does make sense if they keep Dirk koetter. He is the one that works with Jameis and runs the offense. If we completely change systems with outside people I would agree. There is a discipline and maturity issue on team especially defense. I can't believe some of the unprofessional comments being made some of the team members including the maligned Gerald McCoy. To compare, everyone loved Dungy and were sad to see him go but they understood it was a business decision. I only hope they are big enough to accept Koetter as HC is he stays.

OMF'nG!!! I can't believe it. I thought Lovie had one more year. I cannot say that I am either thrilled or dissapointed. Stunned would be the best descriptive word for the moment. I heard about it this morning and thought I was hearing gossip. I think if the move was made to promote Dirk and bring in a top quality DC it may be a good move. If it is a house cleaning I am not looking forward to see my team start at square -0- again. Koetter was the only coach that made a positive impact this season with out his offense and coaching of Winston I believe we would have been competing with TEN again this year for the #1 draft pick. Lovie as a supposed defensive mind should be ashamed of the product he put on the field! we lost most if not all the games we should've won because of defensive breakdowns. The WAS game is a perfect example. I too was also sick of the Lovie rhetoric same story, same answer BS protecting his buddies and keeping good talent off the field or getting rid of them cause they didn't fit the "scheme" Darell Revis and Jonathan Banks are two examples that come to mind. I have felt the biggest problem this team (especially defense) had this season was that they were not coached up or prepared properly to win big games especially must win games. On that note the offense was more often than not the squad that was prepared and put the team in a position to win while the defense let opposing offenses impose their will on them. Only time will tell now.

Bucs fired Lovie by phone

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 7, 2016, 9:44 AM EST

a31e2e53abe017cd2df46c5194648aef1.jpeg?w=250

When the Buccaneers fired Lovie Smith last night, they didn’t even call him into the office for a meeting with the Glazers (or the Bobs).

According to multiple reports, the Bucs informed Smith he was fired via a phone call. Shortly after they called Smith, they announced the move to the public.

Some people close to Smith seem unhappy about that. As one source told ESPN’s Vaughn McClure, “You don’t hire a coach over the phone, so why would you fire him over the phone?”

The reason the Bucs fired Smith over the phone may be that they were trying to act quickly in an effort to keep offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter. The Bucs reportedly want to retain Koetter and are now planning to promote him to head coach, and they were concerned the franchise could lose him entirely when the Dolphins reached out to ask for permission to interview Koetter for the head-coaching vacancy in Miami.

Interestingly, the job search in Miami is being run by Mike Tannenbaum, who used to be Koetter’s agent. By creating a market for Koetter’s services, Tannenbaum may have done more for Koetter’s career this week than he ever did during his time as Koetter’s agent.

What we don’t know yet is whether Koetter wants the Buccaneers job. Assistant coaches almost always want to become head coaches, but that doesn’t mean Koetter wants this specific job — especially if he has options, and the Dolphins’ interest is legitimate.

Meanwhile, the Buccaneers can’t just hand the job to Koetter immediately. To comply with the Rooney Rule, they have to interview a minority candidate first. That would be following the letter of the Rooney Rule while ignoring its spirit: The idea behind the Rooney Rule wasn’t for NFL teams to first decide to hire a white coach and then set up an interview with a black coach.

So there’s a lot about the Buccaneers’ move to fire Smith that is less than ideal. Starting with last night’s phone call.

Bucs fired Lovie by phone

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 7, 2016, 9:44 AM EST

a31e2e53abe017cd2df46c5194648aef1.jpeg?w=250

When the Buccaneers fired Lovie Smith last night, they didn’t even call him into the office for a meeting with the Glazers (or the Bobs).

According to multiple reports, the Bucs informed Smith he was fired via a phone call. Shortly after they called Smith, they announced the move to the public.

Some people close to Smith seem unhappy about that. As one source told ESPN’s Vaughn McClure, “You don’t hire a coach over the phone, so why would you fire him over the phone?”

The reason the Bucs fired Smith over the phone may be that they were trying to act quickly in an effort to keep offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter. The Bucs reportedly want to retain Koetter and are now planning to promote him to head coach, and they were concerned the franchise could lose him entirely when the Dolphins reached out to ask for permission to interview Koetter for the head-coaching vacancy in Miami.

Interestingly, the job search in Miami is being run by Mike Tannenbaum, who used to be Koetter’s agent. By creating a market for Koetter’s services, Tannenbaum may have done more for Koetter’s career this week than he ever did during his time as Koetter’s agent.

What we don’t know yet is whether Koetter wants the Buccaneers job. Assistant coaches almost always want to become head coaches, but that doesn’t mean Koetter wants this specific job — especially if he has options, and the Dolphins’ interest is legitimate.

Meanwhile, the Buccaneers can’t just hand the job to Koetter immediately. To comply with the Rooney Rule, they have to interview a minority candidate first. That would be following the letter of the Rooney Rule while ignoring its spirit: The idea behind the Rooney Rule wasn’t for NFL teams to first decide to hire a white coach and then set up an interview with a black coach.

So there’s a lot about the Buccaneers’ move to fire Smith that is less than ideal. Starting with last night’s phone call.

There's already been info released on how this is misleading. Lovie simply didn't feel like coming in and insisted they discuss issue was with him on the phone since he had an inkling it was a firing. Since he insisted they relented and told him on phone. They claim they asked him repeatedly to come in.

OMF'nG!!! I can't believe it. I thought Lovie had one more year. I cannot say that I am either thrilled or dissapointed. Stunned would be the best descriptive word for the moment. I heard about it this morning and thought I was hearing gossip. I think if the move was made to promote Dirk and bring in a top quality DC it may be a good move. If it is a house cleaning I am not looking forward to see my team start at square -0- again. Koetter was the only coach that made a positive impact this season with out his offense and coaching of Winston I believe we would have been competing with TEN again this year for the #1 draft pick. Lovie as a supposed defensive mind should be ashamed of the product he put on the field! we lost most if not all the games we should've won because of defensive breakdowns. The WAS game is a perfect example. I too was also sick of the Lovie rhetoric same story, same answer BS protecting his buddies and keeping good talent off the field or getting rid of them cause they didn't fit the "scheme" Darell Revis and Jonathan Banks are two examples that come to mind. I have felt the biggest problem this team (especially defense) had this season was that they were not coached up or prepared properly to win big games especially must win games. On that note the offense was more often than not the squad that was prepared and put the team in a position to win while the defense let opposing offenses impose their will on them. Only time will tell now.

I've thought about this throughout the day. Here is a likely scenario they are avoiding: Koetter gets hired elsewhere and they bring in new OC and new system. Team doesn't improve enough and Lovie gets whacked next year. New coach brings in new OC and new system. Doing this now (assuming Koetter is in) means instead of likely having Jameis go through 3 OCs in 3 years he gets 1 and time to develop. It makes sense. Lovie going 0-4 at the end killed him. I've said it before but when you listen to them talk about what is happening and what needs to be done its night and day. The radio show this last week was terrible. Lovie insisting that the team is real close and it's all going to be good with absolutely no positive change got old fast.

It has been reported Koetter interviewed with the 49rs for the HC opportunity. Probably a smart move on his part so when he interviews with the Bucs he can say that he has other opportunities to better his situation. With Miami hiring Gace today we know he is not Miami bound.

It has been reported Koetter interviewed with the 49rs for the HC opportunity. Probably a smart move on his part so when he interviews with the Bucs he can say that he has other opportunities to better his situation. With Miami hiring Gace today we know he is not Miami bound.

It's how you help build a reputation and there's always a chance the bucs could get blown away by one of the people they interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

• Like 1

A couple differs reports coming in that Dirk Koetter was at local tax collector office renewing a vehicle registration and ordering personalized Buccaneers license plate.

Who do you want as the new Bucs head coach?

A couple differs reports coming in that Dirk Koetter was at local tax collector office renewing a vehicle registration and ordering personalized Buccaneers license plate.

Who do you want as the new Bucs head coach?

Scary question. From known available candidates I don't have a problem with the apparent plan to pick up Dirk. I like the idea that Jameis likes working with him and vice versa. I will say that Dirk was VERY impressive in his post game and radio interviews. His answers, comments, and observations were spot on and, at times, eye opening. The offense was also the only side of the ball I remember seeing evidence of in game adjustments this past season. This time of year the choices are crap shoots for the unknown or retreading the same ole. If he was available I really like the Harbaugh that is at the university of Michigan. Seeing the 49ers before, during, and after he was there is a view of his talents. Plus, very aggressive handshakes.

• Like 2

Pretty much a certainty Dirk Koetter will be the new HC of the Bucs. I think it's the right move for many reasons and am looking forward to see who will be brought in to lift our defense. And I thought other than rebuilding our defense it would be a quiet off season :LOL:

• Like 1