Jump to content


How many Rush songs will now be on official live DVD releases?


29 replies to this topic

#21 JBsDWdrums

JBsDWdrums

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:macon ga
  • Interests:Drumming in all styles...music...biking...art...cooking...sci fi...good horror movies....Rush

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

Not sure why people think ClockWork Angels tour was too choppy visually....I thought it was a pretty nice balance...

Now....a Show of Hands...? Completely different story there...even parts of the Grace Under Pressure tour got frantic....

Sponsored Post

#22 madrushian

madrushian

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 334 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Rush and audio and computer

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

I say their should be a bonus disc should included isolated camera angles on each member of the group.

The concert should be in high res audio. Also just for shits they should do tour of each guys house like the mtv cribs the rush edtion. That would be the ultimate final Video package and gift to the fans. Yes I would pay a couple of "C" notes for that package. Unlike a hardback book.

#23 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostDisk98, on 09 August 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

My guess is the DVD setlist will look something like this:

DISC 1

The Anarchist
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll the Bones
Between the Wheels
Losing It
Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres: Prelude
Cygnus X-1 / drum solo
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1)

DISC 3

Clockwork Angels (Toronto 6/17)
The Wreckers (Boston 6/23)
One Little Victory (Los Angeles 8/1)
Distant Early Warning (Toronto 6/17)
Red Barchetta (Los Angeles 8/1)
The Camera Eye (Boston 6/23)
Limelight (Kansas City 8/4/13)

Why take The Camera Eye from Boston and not Newark, where the audience was actually awake and the crowd cheers for the NY references?

#24 rugen

rugen

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

View PostLedRush, on 10 August 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 09 August 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

My guess is the DVD setlist will look something like this:

DISC 1

The Anarchist
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll the Bones
Between the Wheels
Losing It
Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres: Prelude
Cygnus X-1 / drum solo
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1)

DISC 3

Clockwork Angels (Toronto 6/17)
The Wreckers (Boston 6/23)
One Little Victory (Los Angeles 8/1)
Distant Early Warning (Toronto 6/17)
Red Barchetta (Los Angeles 8/1)
The Camera Eye (Boston 6/23)
Limelight (Kansas City 8/4/13)

Why take The Camera Eye from Boston and not Newark, where the audience was actually awake and the crowd cheers for the NY references?

Did you meant  that the crowd of Boston was filled up with old introvert guy.

Edited by rugen, 10 August 2015 - 02:47 PM.


#25 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Postrugen, on 10 August 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 10 August 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 09 August 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

My guess is the DVD setlist will look something like this:

DISC 1

The Anarchist
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll the Bones
Between the Wheels
Losing It
Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres: Prelude
Cygnus X-1 / drum solo
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1)

DISC 3

Clockwork Angels (Toronto 6/17)
The Wreckers (Boston 6/23)
One Little Victory (Los Angeles 8/1)
Distant Early Warning (Toronto 6/17)
Red Barchetta (Los Angeles 8/1)
The Camera Eye (Boston 6/23)
Limelight (Kansas City 8/4/13)

Why take The Camera Eye from Boston and not Newark, where the audience was actually awake and the crowd cheers for the NY references?

Did you meant  that the crowd of Boston was filled up with old introvert guy.

The Boston crowd wasn't completely dead, but of the 4 shows I went to, they were definitely the most quiet, by quite a large margin.

#26 rugen

rugen

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1184 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostLedRush, on 10 August 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

View Postrugen, on 10 August 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 10 August 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostDisk98, on 09 August 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

My guess is the DVD setlist will look something like this:

DISC 1

The Anarchist
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
How It Is
Animate
Roll the Bones
Between the Wheels
Losing It
Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio
Natural Science
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres: Prelude
Cygnus X-1 / drum solo
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1)

DISC 3

Clockwork Angels (Toronto 6/17)
The Wreckers (Boston 6/23)
One Little Victory (Los Angeles 8/1)
Distant Early Warning (Toronto 6/17)
Red Barchetta (Los Angeles 8/1)
The Camera Eye (Boston 6/23)
Limelight (Kansas City 8/4/13)

Why take The Camera Eye from Boston and not Newark, where the audience was actually awake and the crowd cheers for the NY references?

Did you meant  that the crowd of Boston was filled up with old introvert guy.

The Boston crowd wasn't completely dead, but of the 4 shows I went to, they were definitely the most quiet, by quite a large margin.

I forgot that Boston people are highly educated, that's why they are so quiet. They are a bunch of intellectuals who likes Rush and don't show their love too much!

#27 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostJBsDWdrums, on 10 August 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Not sure why people think ClockWork Angels tour was too choppy visually....I thought it was a pretty nice balance...

Now....a Show of Hands...? Completely different story there...even parts of the Grace Under Pressure tour got frantic....

The worst part on the CA DVD other than the spazzy editing was them not focusing on the correct thing. Like during Alex's solos they'd be on some dude playing air drums.

Edited by EagleMoon, 10 August 2015 - 08:18 PM.


#28 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2874 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hershey, PA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I guess what I don't get is that since they have camera's on each guy during the show, and it's a no brainer to record any of the audio...what's the big deal about which tunes they include?  If they screwed something up when they did the actual "filming" I'm sure that they'd be able to fudge what they had from other shows and stick parts in to make it seem like it's from whatever "venue" they're purportedly making the video come from.....

I'd be willing to bet we get everything in some capacity.

#29 TFEman

TFEman

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia, PA
  • Interests:Rush, guitar, drums, tv, food

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

In my opinion, the ASOH CD was a beautiful mix, the DVD mix was good, and I really liked most of the filming. I absolutely loved ESL. The filming was good, but the audio was definitely one of the best live albums I have ever heard. Time Machine is one of my favorite DVDs, but the CD wasn't that good in my opinion. SNA was a great CD, as was R30. The DVD counterparts were also good quality.There is one DVD that will always stand out the most for me, though. It is Rush In Rio. I was listening to all kinds of music at the time, and my friend bought the DVD. We watched it, and I loved the band ever since. I listened to them a little bit before that, but that really convinced me that they are the best. I will always love the live album too. Different Stages is another favorite of mine.

Okay, now for the bad...
P/G seemed so behind it's time with the filming, and I'm not a big fan of that audio mix. The crowd was really loud in it. Clockwork Angels was atrocious. I hated how saturated the color was in the DVD. The crowd sounded bad for some reason, and I think they should have spent a little more time mastering the audio. Everything just sounded bad. However, I will always love having these DVDs no matter how bad they are to me, because it is cool to see the changes since the last one

#30 TFEman

TFEman

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Philadelphia, PA
  • Interests:Rush, guitar, drums, tv, food

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Also, I don't remember anyone saying there were camera crews anywhere else than Toronto, so my guess is this:

The Anarchist
Clockwork Angels
Headlong Flight
Far Cry
The Main Monkey Business
One Little Victory
Animate
Roll the Bones
Distant Early Warning
Losing It (possibly, if not then with extras)
Subdivisions

DISC 2

Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
The Spirit of Radio
Jacob's Ladder
Hemispheres: Prelude
Cygnus X-1 / drum solo
Closer to the Heart
Xanadu
2112: Overture / The Temples of Syrinx / Presentation / Grand Finale
Lakeside Park
Anthem
What You're Doing
Working Man (with final bow from Los Angeles 8/1 which might just be in some behind the scenes bonus thing)

DISC 2

How It Is (Toronto 6/19)
Losing It (Toronto 6/19)(see note above)
Between The Wheels (Toronto 6/19)
YYZ (Toronto 6/19)
Natural Science (Toronto 6/19)
R40 webisodes
R40 tour documentary

Edited by TFEman, 11 August 2015 - 08:52 PM.




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users