Alex: 'Whatever This Tour Is, It's Not The End Of The Band'

zappafrank

I think Alex is finally accepting doing concerts again as an inevitability. If they're going to make new music, they're naturally going to want to see how an audience reacts to those songs.

why do you people all think they're breaking up? they have not said one single thing that indicates they're breaking up!

they never even said they were going to stop touring! "likely the last tour of this magnitude" is way different than LATER PEOPLE WE'RE NEVER GONNA PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN.

• Like 1

Sounds like Geddy and Alex are super excited about the possibility of a new record and some more touring, and Neil isn't. That's nothing new, for sure. I envision a scenario in which Ged and Alex write a whole bunch of songs, show up at Neil's unannounced and play it for him. Then in that way, they convince him to come out of his hobbit hole and get to jamming!

why do you people all think they're breaking up? they have not said one single thing that indicates they're breaking up!

they never even said they were going to stop touring! "likely the last tour of this magnitude" is way different than LATER PEOPLE WE'RE NEVER GONNA PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN.

Tell that to Bard. He would shame anyone who dared entertain the thought of Rush continuing

Even Alex and Geddy can only speculate at this point. If Neil decides he doesn't want to do anything else, it IS the end of the band.

As it should be.

that's it...Rush is Neil, Alex, and Geddy.... anything else is a solo tour...no matter who is involved.

• Like 1

Tell that to Bard. He would shame anyone who dared entertain the thought of Rush continuing

That guy was full of crap, and full of himself.

But anyway, this news pleases me. I'm very excited for new Rush material, whatever and whenever it may be.

• Like 1

Absolutely 100% correct.

• Like 1

"We were supposed to cut back on this tour. We can't. Maybe in the future..."

Best quote ever!

• Like 1

I wouldn't call what he did "shaming". I'd call it "being a dick"

• Like 1

I think its ok to feel bummed if you think Rush is done with big tours....

I think its a completley unsupported to believe they are retired....

They have never said it...nor implied it.

• Like 2

Leg 2 next year.

Mark it.

Leg 2 next year.

Mark it.

I'm very skeptical. Source?

No source....just the power of $$$$$$ wave another 3-4MM guaranteed at them and see what happens. LOL!!!

I am just speculating with some hope they do a limited amount of dates in some major markets they missed this past summer.

If they don't I am at peace they are done.