Caress Of Steel vs 2112

YYZumbi

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is most epic?

Too tough for me to decide as Caress Of Steel I have a very personal affinity for, 2112 is also awesome! So I have to look at your question as if you were asking if light or shadow is better? When actually one could not exist without the other. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

For me 2112. But no slight on caress , which is perhaps my second favorite.

But of all the albums , by any band, i have listened to 2112 more than anything else

This might be the first poll where I choose not to decide.....I cant pick, they are as close to equal as it gets. 2112 has the better epic, but the rest of CoS is stronger IMO
  • Like 1

2112 at the edn of the day, mainly because the one side epic is much better.

If they had 'necromanced' a little more on side two of COS I might have a different opinion.

• Like 1

If they had 'necromanced' a little more on side two of COS I might have a different opinion.

Haha...interesting analysis.

Traps of a foreign language....

I voted 2112 because the question was regarding epicness and the title song truly is one of Rush's greatest achievements. However, I probably listen to CoS more often because I love its innocence and sense of reckless abandon, especially on Necromancer and FoL.

Traps of a foreign language....

Oh, no worries, I didn't mean anything about that. It made perfect sense to me.

:ebert:

Not even the same ballpark. COS is Visalia, Ca. It's Midland, Tx. 2112 is Fenway Park, etc.

You hate 2112 that much? Wow! Comparing it to an antiquated, uncomfortable, poorly designed mini-stadium where drunks, cheats, and liars get together to under-perform is a scathing indictment. I like CoS more than 2112, but 2112 is still amazing, so I could never be that harsh.

• Like 2

2112 is a masterpiece, but in my always bashed opinion, Caress Of Steel has more barmy charm, and I would take Bastille Day, ITIGB, Lakeside Park and Fountain Of Lamneth on a date with my gran.

And she would approve.

2112 is a masterpiece, but in my always bashed opinion, Caress Of Steel has more barmy charm, and I would take Bastille Day, ITIGB, Lakeside Park and Fountain Of Lamneth on a date with my gran.

And she would approve.

I agree COS. is so unfairly treated.

I don't even care if the band hates it.........they would be wrong.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Not even the same ballpark. COS is Visalia, Ca. It's Midland, Tx. 2112 is Fenway Park, etc.

You hate 2112 that much? Wow! Comparing it to an antiquated, uncomfortable, poorly designed mini-stadium where drunks, cheats, and liars get together to under-perform is a scathing indictment. I like CoS more than 2112, but 2112 is still amazing, so I could never be that harsh.

Lol. Yanks fan huh?

• Like 1

I prefer 2112. CoS is inconsistent and the songs don't flow very well. The band sound ambitious but the songs get a bit stiff. Necromancer sounds like totally different songs compiled together with poor transitions. Going Bald is a terrible song. The rest are only decent except for FOL, the best of the bunch in my book. Edited by Polaris
  • Like 1