R40 tour

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 CygnusGal

CygnusGal

Cylon Model No. 2112

• Members *
  • 5121 posts
  • Location:the space between the mysterious, invisible force lurking in the constellation Cygnus and the destination at unverified jump coordinates 1123.6536.5321
  • Interests:music, books, computers and networking, astronomy, Cylon technology

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 07 August 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)
I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.
Well...not quite.

Stevie followed the band for a while.  She saw Philly and then went home (life on the road is not easy and not cheap).  I'm not sure how many shows she hit after the NYC break, or if she went to KC, but I know she was in SoCal (I presume Irvine).  I know LA because you sent me a photo (Alex's side before the show).  I was with you and Animate in spirit that night and, in hind sight, should have planned it better to have been there in reality. :doh:

For the record, I don't think this is Rush's last show.  Probably the last tour though and I don't think they'll play Boston again.

Number of Rush shows attended on this tour:

One!

And it was *awesome*! :yay:

Sponsored Post

#62 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 07 August 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)
I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.
Yeah, I met Stevie at the Tulsa show, and gave her a ticket to Lincoln, so I know she hit the first two.  I talked with her in Chicago, Montreal and LA, but I can't remember if we saw one another in KC or not.

#63 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

I saw 4.

More would have been nice but I am happy. :)

#64 nhlrush

nhlrush

The Seeker

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

i did 23 on this tour to bring my lifetime total to 178 since 1983....

in the photo, there is 28 shows, 23 shows, 24 shows, me and 29 shows for a total of 127 among the 5 of us...
Posted Image

#65 jamie

jamie

The Biggest Thing Since Powdered TOST

• Members
  • 12162 posts
  • Interests:cats, dogs, sleeping, steve harris, bass players with long brown hair

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

I only saw one and it was incredible

#66 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

^^ That's called "way too much disposable income."   :lol:

#67 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 06 August 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Some chick named Stevie. She probably went to all of them.

I was on a RUSH lyrics game team with Stevie at RushCon.  The L.A. show was 21 for her.... dang...

I made it to 3.  Detroit, Denver and L.A.  Rock on!

Posted Image

#68 grep

grep

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

I made it to 2. Newark and MSG. (MSG being my 28th Rush show overall).

But I saw about 15 nights on the Scope.... if that counts for anything.

#69 PatrickRush

PatrickRush

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Music, soccer

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

I've seen none thusfar, but i'll be there when they play the Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam end of april, early may 2016. Mark my words !!

#70 cygnify

cygnify

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1412 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Astronomy, Family (not necessarily in that order)

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:56 AM

I saw 2 (Tampa & Philly) bringing my life total to 49.  Started in 1984 and peaked on the TFE tour with 11.  Considering factors such as my career, wife, 3 kids, and semi-pro hobby, there's no way I could justify doing more.

This thread relates to a question posted elsewhere about the possibility of future "mini-tours" - which I think are doubtful for a number of reasons related to the crew, expense, and the band themselves - but I wonder: how many nights Rush could sell out MSG or similar if tickets were $400+ face value?  Obviously, there are people in this thread that have the time and means and would go to every single night (hell, some almost hit all 35 on the R40 tour!  damn!)  But really, could they sell out MSG or similar 5 nights in a row with elevated ticket prices?  Just thinking from my own experience, as diehard fan as they come, with all that is going on in my life, I just could not justify more than a couple.  Obviously there are enough fans, but are there enough with the time/means/ability/desire to travel and stay in NYC to fill MSG, with elevated price tickets, for a week?  I don't see it.

#71 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:23 PM

View Postnhlrush, on 15 August 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

i did 23 on this tour to bring my lifetime total to 178 since 1983....

in the photo, there is 28 shows, 23 shows, 24 shows, me and 29 shows for a total of 127 among the 5 of us...
Posted Image

Haha! Those are 5 awesome peeps right there! Glad I got to meet you on this tour Mike. It was fun partying with you and The Dubber before the Seattle show, though I could have done without the bird pooping on my Rush jersey! :rage:  Hope to see you at a kRUSH show sometime soon. :cheers:

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre, 21 August 2015 - 12:28 AM.

#72 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostEagleMoon, on 15 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'd like to have that disposable income myself, let me tell you. :)

#73 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostXanadu, on 21 August 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 15 August 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'd like to have that disposable income myself, let me tell you. :)

Yeah me too. :)

#74 pony2112

pony2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:08 AM

I saw Tulsa, Austin, Dallas and LA.

#75 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6471 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

View Postcygnify, on 20 August 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

I saw 2 (Tampa & Philly) bringing my life total to 49.  Started in 1984 and peaked on the TFE tour with 11.  Considering factors such as my career, wife, 3 kids, and semi-pro hobby, there's no way I could justify doing more.

This thread relates to a question posted elsewhere about the possibility of future "mini-tours" - which I think are doubtful for a number of reasons related to the crew, expense, and the band themselves - but I wonder: how many nights Rush could sell out MSG or similar if tickets were $400+ face value?  Obviously, there are people in this thread that have the time and means and would go to every single night (hell, some almost hit all 35 on the R40 tour!  damn!)  But really, could they sell out MSG or similar 5 nights in a row with elevated ticket prices?  Just thinking from my own experience, as diehard fan as they come, with all that is going on in my life, I just could not justify more than a couple.  Obviously there are enough fans, but are there enough with the time/means/ability/desire to travel and stay in NYC to fill MSG, with elevated price tickets, for a week?  I don't see it.

Rush would sell out a ten show tour, say 5 MSG and 5 In LA in minutes, if not seconds. As far as elevated ticket pries, prime floor and lowers could easily fetch $375 - $500 and the balance at $100-$200. Alternatively, They could add TO and then do three in each city. Probably could not get the high NYC prices in TO, judging by what the R40 resale markets listed. They did only 4 R40 shows in the NE, and tickets were scarce and expensive.

The economics and demand are easy, the liklihood however...

Edited by Gabrielgil513, 25 August 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#76 mrf33n3y

mrf33n3y

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 06 August 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 06 August 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 06 August 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.
Indeed.  Just tickets alone.  :o

I've noticed there are fans like this for a lot of bands not just Rush. They're so dedicated to their band that they save all their money and vacation time for when they tour.

Me, i've been able to afford to see them twice each over the last three tours. Anything more than that would be pushing it financially.
I do that for Iron Maiden. I also have hundreds of friends that do it for Maiden as well. Last tour alone I saw 32 gigs, in 13 different countries. Next year I've got 10 gigs planned so far, and probably another 6 or 7 once they finish announcing their tour. It's so much fun, and an excellent excuse to travel!

For R40, I saw 7 gigs. I probably wouldn't have done that many though if it weren't for the fact that Maiden didn't tour this year.

#77 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 21076 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:09 PM

View Postmrf33n3y, on 20 November 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.

I've noticed there are fans like this for a lot of bands not just Rush. They're so dedicated to their band that they save all their money and vacation time for when they tour.

Me, i've been able to afford to see them twice each over the last three tours. Anything more than that would be pushing it financially.
I do that for Iron Maiden. I also have hundreds of friends that do it for Maiden as well. Last tour alone I saw 32 gigs, in 13 different countries. Next year I've got 10 gigs planned so far, and probably another 6 or 7 once they finish announcing their tour. It's so much fun, and an excellent excuse to travel!

For R40, I saw 7 gigs. I probably wouldn't have done that many though if it weren't for the fact that Maiden didn't tour this year.
Holy shit, I haven't seen 32 concerts period! let alone the same band! Awesome that it works out for you

#78 mrf33n3y

mrf33n3y

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 20 November 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

View Postmrf33n3y, on 20 November 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Holy shit, I haven't seen 32 concerts period! let alone the same band! Awesome that it works out for you
Thanks - it's a lot of fun. I make sacrifices so I can do it - mainly working a job I hate because I have extremely flexible scheduling. It's tough to find a job where you can just take off for a month straight if you feel like it! But it's all worthwhile when I'm on the road.

#79 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1732 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

I limit myself to two shows per tour, unless an unforeseen circumstance allows more.

It's hard to justify more than that because the setlist is basically the same every night. This tour I only saw Boston, because Newark and MSG face values were $100 more for the exact same area. Looking at the variations of the lists, I got the best possible setlist of the tour.

Losing It would've been cool, but not an extra $100 cool, especially when the DVD will have it.  If Rush were more like Bela Fleck, and completely mixed things up every night, it'd be worth it to see more.

#80 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 06 August 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 06 August 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

From this board, I think x1yyz went to the most.

I saw nine.
Dang Girl!!!!   3 for me. Did I just say Dang??

Edited by robertrobyn, 21 November 2015 - 12:26 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R40 tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users