Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

And I got Losing It.  :P

#44 ToneDog

ToneDog

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:03 PM

I went to 6 on this tour.  Tulsa, Houston, Chicago, Salt Lake, Irvine, and LA.  4 of them were front row.  Kept hitting row 1 in the presales, so I couldn't NOT buy them.  Amazing times!

#45 TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1273 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

Sadly  I did not get to see this tour.  They did not play SPAC this time round (my 1'st choice by far) and MSG sold out before I got the chance to get a ticket.

Just have to wait and hope they put out a DVD and CD for the tour.  Plus hope that maybe, perhaps, if we all get lucky they might perhaps play a few shows again someday and I will have to try to get into those.

#46 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)

Edited by EagleMoon, 07 August 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#47 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 07 August 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.

#48 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21767 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.

I think I would even get tired of going to each and every concert of a tour. That's a lot of traveling and sleeping in hotels. Not that much fun after a while.

#49 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14370 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 07 August 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 07 August 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

I think I would even get tired of going to each and every concert of a tour. That's a lot of traveling and sleeping in hotels. Not that much fun after a while.
Agreed. Chick is was making sure she did though. I got my magic crystal from her...gives positive vibes...I think I can feel them when we talk about Clockwork Angels

#50 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

I like to do a couple shows because it is almost too much to take in on one show. Plus different seats give you completely different experiences.

My god man 4 times front row in open sales that is some luck right there you need to play the lottery(I loved front row but would need at least one show further back)

#51 tapehead2

tapehead2

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

I was fortunate enough to be able to see eight shows.  I like viewing from different perspectives.  I saw the show from both sides, dead on across from stage lower level, back row of upper level as well as the front row.  I'd get bored if I saw it from the same angle every time..

#52 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

View Posttapehead2, on 08 August 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

I was fortunate enough to be able to see eight shows.  I like viewing from different perspectives.  I saw the show from both sides, dead on across from stage lower level, back row of upper level as well as the front row.  I'd get bored if I saw it from the same angle every time..
I agree. In Montreal we had seats in the back corner of the lower bowl. I noticed things at that show that I didn't see in in Atlanta or Toronto.

#53 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

Only one for me (chicago). I could afford going to more, but the concert thing in general is kind of a hassle to me. I wouldn't want to over-do it to the point where it wasn't worthwhile. A lil dab will do.

I can't ever remember seeing the same movie more than 2-3 times, so I have a low tolerance for boredom with adhd tendencies (SQUIRREL!!).

However, the idea of seeing every show would be a neat bucket list thing to do given unlimited financial resources (winning lotto ticket).

Edited by 2112FirstStreet, 08 August 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#54 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

Just two. Cancelled MSG at the last minute.

Aside from the concert tickets (at face or below), I limit myself to gas and parking expenses.

#55 ToneDog

ToneDog

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

View Posthcm, on 08 August 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

I like to do a couple shows because it is almost too much to take in on one show. Plus different seats give you completely different experiences.

My god man 4 times front row in open sales that is some luck right there you need to play the lottery(I loved front row but would need at least one show further back)

I have the WORST luck at the lottery!  :huh:

I only came up with one theory.  My grandfather had just passed away, and I think his spirit invaded the ticketmaster servers to help cheer me up.  Thanks, Pop!   :rush:

#56 Jsteinrush

Jsteinrush

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:44 PM

I went to the important ones.  Opening and closing.

#57 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

I'm just bummed that it didn't work out for me to get to more than one...Philly was purportedly one of the better performances, and that was the one I had to miss....

#58 Leanne

Leanne

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1227 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:16 PM

Only 1 (Tulsa).  And it was amazing!  :)

#59 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

I only made it to one show in Vancouver., and I saw Losing It.  I would of liked to have seen more shows, but Losing It made up for it.

#60 Sgt.D

Sgt.D

The Seeker

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

I enjoyed a personal best of 7 on this tour! I hit 2 first leg shows with Lincoln and DC. I pair of mountain journeys in Denver and Salt Lake. And a western madness tour with Vegas, Irvine, and LA!!! I've never had son much Rush fun and love as I have this year. I will admit that by the time I got to LA I was emotionally and physically worked. I took in so much this time I felt like I was in my own little piece of the Rush galaxy. Standing in the abyss of the disco ball hanging off the edge of the Forum bowl as my heroes assumed control will resonate forever! Thank you RUSH!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R40 tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users