Just curious who saw the most R40 shows

TexMike

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.

I know several people who went to well over 20, the top number being 29.

Was 29 Stevie?

Not who I was speaking of, but she may possibly have gone to that many.

I saw 12. I took advantage of being from Delaware, and went to Philly, Bristow, Newark and MSG which are all less than 2 hours away. My "travel" shows were Tulsa, New Orleans, Tampa, both Toronto shows, Vancouver, Seattle, and LA. It cost me a small fortune, and priority-wise, much more than I should have spent. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. If I had more vacation time I would have gone to more shows. I met and shared the experience with some awesome and incredibly nice people. I truly had the time of my life.

Nice job! It was great meeting you in LA, however briefly.

It was great meeting you too. Sad that we were at the same party in Seattle but didn't know it!

Dude that blew my mind. In the same HOT upstairs pub yet we didn't meet. Did you catch Ron dropping his beer on x1yyz? That funny as hell because she took it so well...kinda rhymes. The Geddy clone there was interesting to meet. Even sounded Canadian
  • Like 2

I saw 12. I took advantage of being from Delaware, and went to Philly, Bristow, Newark and MSG which are all less than 2 hours away. My "travel" shows were Tulsa, New Orleans, Tampa, both Toronto shows, Vancouver, Seattle, and LA. It cost me a small fortune, and priority-wise, much more than I should have spent. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. If I had more vacation time I would have gone to more shows. I met and shared the experience with some awesome and incredibly nice people. I truly had the time of my life.

It was great meeting you too. Sad that we were at the same party in Seattle but didn't know it!

Did you meet any other TRFers there? (The party in the upstairs area of the bar, right?) I was hanging out with 3 or 4 others.

Edited by x1yyz

The usual Seattle-Portland double-shot for me.

Two excellent shows!

Glad I made that Seattle trip Goose. It was so fun to hang out, even if it was just for a short time.

For sure!

I know some of the people that I'm friends with on Facebook have been to a dozen or more shows. I can't imagine how much that must have cost.

Indeed. Just tickets alone. :o

I've noticed that the same people tend to do it for every tour. I just can't imagine especially the way ticket prices have been. Then to add on a hotel, transportation to and from wherever you go while you're there, food....etc.

And what are the odds you could get tickets for 12 shows on THIS tour without having to resort to StubHub or some other broker. Then it really gets ridiculous.

Actually there were some great deals available on StubHub for several shows late in the day on show days. I bought a 3rd row ticket right in front of Alex for New Orleans for $280. Then I ended up selling my previously bought 16th row seat for $60 (I had paid $145 for it). There were people everywhere selling tickets for that show and very few buyers. My friends in Calgary all ended up in the first 2 rows. There were something like 6 or 8 front row seats on stub hub that went unsold for that show. The highest I paid was $675 for MSG. I hadn't planned on going to that show until the day before and there were very few tickets available,

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre
  • Like 1

Did you meet any other TRFers there? (The party in the upstairs area of the bar, right?) I was hanging out with 3 or 4 others.

Not that I'm aware of. I met quite a few people that day though, so maybe I did without realizing it.

Dude that blew my mind. In the same HOT upstairs pub yet we didn't meet. Did you catch Ron dropping his beer on x1yyz? That funny as hell because she took it so well...kinda rhymes. The Geddy clone there was interesting to meet. Even sounded Canadian

No, I didn't see anyone getting beer spilled on them… I don't remember seeing the Geddy clone either??? There were so many people there you could barely move. I was lucky enough to be there early enough to get a seat all the way inside, and I pretty much hung out with several of the great people I know from the east coast and some of the great people I had met in Vancouver and at some other shows.

Indeed. Just tickets alone. :o

I've noticed there are fans like this for a lot of bands not just Rush. They're so dedicated to their band that they save all their money and vacation time for when they tour.

Me, i've been able to afford to see them twice each over the last three tours. Anything more than that would be pushing it financially.

Ha ha I did just that and still could only afford 2 shows, I also have young kids so that complicates things with babysitting and such. I follow a chick on twitter that went to 25 or so shows.

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

I only went to 2 shows this tour.. Being in the middle of a rush wasteland and having to drive 5 plus hours in any dirction put a damper on this rush fan.

I set a personal record with 3, and it was phenomenal! (Vancouver, Seattle, LA)

You should have come to the meetups!

I would have loved to! Alas...I am not quite allowed to enter a bar yet :LOL: Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Sadly I did not get to see this tour. They did not play SPAC this time round (my 1'st choice by far) and MSG sold out before I got the chance to get a ticket.

Just have to wait and hope they put out a DVD and CD for the tour. Plus hope that maybe, perhaps, if we all get lucky they might perhaps play a few shows again someday and I will have to try to get into those.

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

And no I don't mean by periscope. :)

Edited by EagleMoon

I wonder if there was someone who actually saw each and every show this tour, other than the people who were paid to do it.

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.
  • Like 1

I know a person who said she did. Her name is Stevie and she's from Austin, TX. She was at all three show I went to, plus Tom Healey and CygnusGal met her in different cities. It's possible.

I think I would even get tired of going to each and every concert of a tour. That's a lot of traveling and sleeping in hotels. Not that much fun after a while.

• Like 2

I think I would even get tired of going to each and every concert of a tour. That's a lot of traveling and sleeping in hotels. Not that much fun after a while.

Agreed. Chick is was making sure she did though. I got my magic crystal from her...gives positive vibes...I think I can feel them when we talk about Clockwork Angels

I like to do a couple shows because it is almost too much to take in on one show. Plus different seats give you completely different experiences.

My god man 4 times front row in open sales that is some luck right there you need to play the lottery(I loved front row but would need at least one show further back)

• Like 2