What has happened since the Cubs last won the world series

ILSnwdog

The Chicago Cubs last won the world series in 1908. Since then...

The first traffic light was installed in Cleveland.

The radio was invented

Haley's Comet has passed the earth...Twice!

The NBA, NFL, and NHL were formed, and the Chicago franchises have all won titles multiple times.

The US fought in World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Iraq War, Afghanistan War

11 amendments have been added to the constitution

The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, and was re discovered

Wrigley Field was built and becomes the oldest park in the National League

Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were admitted to the Union

Man has reached the south pole

There has been 99 runnings of the Indianapolis 500

Women were first allowed to vote

The girl scouts were formed

The first antibiotics were discovered

Ford introduces and sells 15,000,000 model Ts.

Color film was invented

19 different men have been President

• Like 4

The radio was invented

The NBA, NFL, and NHL were formed, and the Chicago franchises have all won titles multiple times.

The US fought in World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Iraq War, Afghanistan War

Color film was invented

And 5 people have noticed there is an American League team in town.

• Like 1

Just think of what great things Man may accomplish while their drought continues.

Produce enough food to feed the whole Red Sox roster?

• Like 1

Just think of what great things Man may accomplish while their drought continues.

Hell, in the next Lord knows how many years, we may produce enough food to end world hunger.

And Manny and Papi will still have to buy a ticket to get in the Hall of Fame.

Hell, in the next Lord knows how many years, we may produce enough food to end world hunger.

A fact which, even if true, couldn't be of less interest to me.

The radio was invented

Color film was invented

And..... drum roll please.... just for LABT and Bowl City...

The St. Louis Cardinals have won 19 National League pennants and 11 World Series. ;)

• Like 3

The radio was invented

Color film was invented

The St. Louis Cardinals have won 19 National League pennants and 11 World Series. ;)

Thanks, I was wondering what the price of a soul was.

• Like 2

ONl

Papi, Manny, Tommy...as long as their shriveled balls result in a parade, it's all good for you...

ONl

Papi, Manny, Tommy...as long as their shriveled balls result in a parade, it's all good for you...

I'm sure you were protesting Sosa's All Star appearances.

• Like 1

ONl

Sosa was completely clean.

Oh wait, I'm not like a Boston fan, I don't have to defend the players on my teams that cheat.

Harry's favorite player, Sandy Soda? The guy who mysteriously couldn't speak cogent English when grilled about his juicing up?
  • Like 1

ONl

cough, cough, Sosa, cough. He had shriveled balls and a bat made of cork.:eyeroll:
  • Like 1

ONl

Oh wait, I'm not like a Boston fan, I don't have to defend the players on my teams that cheat.

Like I said, were you so high and mighty in 1998?

Harry's favorite player, Sandy Soda? The guy who mysteriously couldn't speak cogent English when grilled about his juicing up?

What was McGwire's excuse?

ONl

Short of putting on a Brady jersey and adopting a silly accent, you wouldn't believe what I'd tell you, so I'll save my typing for another day.

ONl

Short of putting on a Brady jersey and adopting a silly accent, you wouldn't believe what I'd tell you, so I'll save my typing for another day.

OK.

The thing about McGwire.... he was the only one of those guys before Congress who didn't commit perjury. He got blasted for not denying his use, yet also not openly admitting it, but everyone else denied juicing.... and they flat lied... and have all now been proven as liars. Who looks better today?

And here's my overall thing about the juicing era..... any of us who acts truly outraged is either completely a fool or a hypocrite. If we were at least 15 years old then, we all knew what was going on in the summer of 1998. We didn't admit it, but damn it, we knew. Society was complicit and shares in the guilt. Anything else is nothing more than finger pointing and refusing to accept fault (we could *all* run for Congress, I guess).

And all that talk about baseball's integrity? Please. I love, love, *LOVE* baseball, but I also know baseball. It is a game with a set of unwritten rules that define when it is okay to hit another player with the ball. It is a game in which cheating is a known and expected part of the culture. It is a game fundamentally void of integrity.

The BBHOF is a sham if the juice guys aren't in (McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, etc.). The steroids may have helped bump overall numbers and recovery time, but it doesn't change the fact they all had tremendous talent to begin with. I say let all the juicers in, but with a big ol' muscle bound asterisk on all their numbers and be done with all the silliness.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1

Not sure why Laughed at by Reality is trotting out the canard of those "cheating Pats"...I thought we were discussing the Scrubs here?

The radio was invented

Color film was invented

Thanks, I was wondering what the price of a soul was.

So... using the religion and mysticism logic to explain this :smoke: ... if the Cardinals' overall success is a result of a pact with the devil, the Cubs' lack of a World Series in the last 107 years is then the result of God's hatred? :o

I mean, if the Cardinals got help from the prince of darkness 11 times, what about they other 96 years when the Cardinals weren't getting the aid of demonic forces? Wouldn't God, at least once, step into that rivalry and help the Cubs get to the Promised Land just to prove a point? :huh: Apparently not. In fact, maybe God plopped Steve Bartman in that seat on purpose? :tsk:

:D

• Like 1

The thing about McGwire.... he was the only one of those guys before Congress who didn't commit perjury. He got blasted for not denying his use, yet also not openly admitting it, but everyone else denied juicing.... and they flat lied... and have all now been proven as liars. Who looks better today?

And here's my overall thing about the juicing era..... any of us who acts truly outraged is either completely a fool or a hypocrite. If we were at least 15 years old then, we all knew what was going on in the summer of 1998. We didn't admit it, but damn it, we knew. Society was complicit and shares in the guilt. Anything else is nothing more than finger pointing and refusing to accept fault (we could *all* run for Congress, I guess).

And all that talk about baseball's integrity? Please. I love, love, *LOVE* baseball, but I also know baseball. It is a game with a set of unwritten rules that define when it is okay to hit another player with the ball. It is a game in which cheating is a known and expected part of the culture. It is a game fundamentally void of integrity.

The BBHOF is a sham if the juice guys aren't in (McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, etc.). The steroids may have helped bump overall numbers and recovery time, but it doesn't change the fact they all had tremendous talent to begin with. I say let all the juicers in, but with a big ol' muscle bound asterisk on all their numbers and be done with all the silliness.

You know I have to agree with what you said here. I was part of it because I was rooting in a sense for what all those guys were doing. I played the game through a year in college and the game does lack integrity. It's a game to me as to what you can get away with, unlike hockey where I played goaltender. Put them in the Hall with an **** what they may of done or not done and like you said be done with this this nonsense.

Not sure why Laughed at by Reality is trotting out the canard of those "cheating Pats"...I thought we were discussing the Scrubs here?

Because LABT doesn't want to the conversation to turn to the Dolphins, who are rapidly gaining on the Cubs in terms of how laughable they are.

• Like 1

Because LABT doesn't want to the conversation to turn to the Dolphins, who are rapidly gaining on the Cubs in terms of how laughable they are.

48-61. Now that's good baseball.