What US city should I visit first?

The Analog Grownup

What US city should I visit first?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What US city should I visit first?

• New York
    • Boston
    • Chicago
    • Las Vegas
    • Seattle
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • Orlando
    • Ft. Lauderdale
    • San Francisco
    • Goatnut
    • Stay away!
    • One you haven't listed (please tell me which one)

I picked San Francisco even though I think the place is generally loony tunes (politics and so forth). I spent 4 days there once with my wife and it's about as beautiful and "cool" a city as I have ever seen personally. Absent that Myrtle Beach SC wouldn't be a bad place to visit either... :)

Nah, SF is completely normal. The rest of the country is full of weirdos. ;)

:LOL:

• Like 1

All US big cities have pockets of weirdos. Unfortunately NYC is letting the weirdos start to run-a-muck again. I'm not talking the fun arty weirdos but the type to soil themselves and not know it.

I have read about that as well,

It was fanatastic when I was there back in 2008.

Bethel, Alaska

:ebert:

Actually its not a bad little place if you are in to hunting/fishing.

I still have yet to visit Alaska. Possibly the Kenai peninsula next summer!

• Like 1

All US big cities have pockets of weirdos. Unfortunately NYC is letting the weirdos start to run-a-muck again. I'm not talking the fun arty weirdos but the type to soil themselves and not know it.

I have read about that as well,

It was fanatastic when I was there back in 2008.

Went there in '77, '06 (met tick & Slacker then), and '10. Though I was only 5 in '77 I remember that time pretty well and it being less than ideal. The last two times I had nothing but positive experiences.

• Like 1

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

Its almost 80 degrees right now. There is so much to do if you enjoy outdoor activities. If you do decide to come. Let me know ahead of time and I can get you set up on where to fish ect. I might even take you to a few secret fishing spots. :D

• Like 2

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

Its almost 80 degrees right now. There is so much to do if you enjoy outdoor activities. If you do decide to come. Let me know ahead of time and I can get you set up on where to fish ect. I might even take you to a few secret fishing spots. :D

I'm proud of my combination license, and want to do a great deal of fishing and hunting with it. Alaska is a man's state, for the discerning outdoorsman. :LOL:

• Like 1

Johnny Blaze,

In 1977 NYC was a dumpster fire it was still an impressive city but Tai Shan everywhere. Rudy Giuliani and Mike Bloomberg polished the turd into a diamond, without getting all SOCN the new regime is brining back the dumpster fire days.

Johnny Rogers

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Johnny Blaze,

In 1977 NYC was a dumpster fire it was still an impressive city but Tai Shan everywhere. Rudy Giuliani and Mike Bloomberg polished the turd into a diamond, without getting all SOCN the new regime is brining back the dumpster fire days.

Johnny Rogers

Aye. Hence, I since I said it was "less than ideal". Some TRFers live or are from there so I didn't want to shit on their hometown.

Johnny Blaze,

Johnny Rogers

:goodone:

You get what you vote for. ;)

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

I'm proud of my combination license, and want to do a great deal of fishing and hunting with it. Alaska is a man's state, for the discerning outdoorsman. :LOL:

Fall is also a great time,

So much cheaper and a lot of the tourists are gone. Fishing can be off the charts depending on the weather. RV rentals are a great deal as far as money goes.

• Like 2

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

So much cheaper and a lot of the tourists are gone. Fishing can be off the charts depending on the weather. RV rentals are a great deal as far as money goes.

Excellent to know. I've heard the Seward highway and such get pretty packed in tourist season. And it'll be expensive enough for youngblood me to get out there in the first place.

• Like 1

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

Excellent to know. I've heard the Seward highway and such get pretty packed in tourist season. And it'll be expensive enough for youngblood me to get out there in the first place.

If you do not mind a chill in the air,

And the weather. Which can change at any time depending on where you are. Fall is fantastic. Its like night and day when it comes to the cost and tourism pretty much over with. The Seward highway is such a beautiful drive! But it can be dangerous because of impatient drivers. The fall colors are just awesome.

There is nothing like camping here in the fall on a nice crisp day.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

Bethel, Alaska

There you go,

If you do not mind a chill in the air,

And the weather. Which can change at any time depending on where you are. Fall is fantastic. Its like night and day when it comes to the cost and tourism pretty much over with. The Seward highway is such a beautiful drive! But it can be dangerous because of impatient drivers. The fall colors are just awesome.

There is nothing like camping here in the fall on a nice crisp day.

:cheers:

It's a part of the country I can't wait to check out. The northest I've ever been is Mt. St. Helen's. Possibly somewhere I'd wanna live.

• Like 1

Johnny Blaze,

Johnny Rogers

Aye. Hence, I since I said it was "less than ideal". Some TRFers live or are from there so I didn't want to shit on their hometown.

We're used to folks Tai Shaning on the city's good name like those pigs from Boston do all the time. :)

Johnny Blaze,

Johnny Rogers

We're used to folks Tai Shaning on the city's good name like those pigs from Boston do all the time. :)

I won't shit on someone's home...but i would shit on them directly. ;)

Johnny Blaze,

Johnny Rogers

Oh my Johnny Blaze!

;)

Seattle.

Now.

Do it.

Seriously. We have some great cafes. Good weather, great coffee, amazing music history, decent beer and... holding this out for last because of sheer awesomeness, we have the most disgustingly fun germ-ridden attraction... bubblegum wall.

http://st.depositphotos.com/1007971/1397/i/950/depositphotos_13979162-Seattle-Gum-Wall.jpg

• Like 1

Johnny Blaze,

Johnny Rogers

Oh my Johnny Blaze!

;)

Shit, that could be construed as something fetishly sinister. Noooooooo....

Seattle.

Now.

Do it.

Seriously. We have some great cafes. Good weather, great coffee, amazing music history, decent beer and... holding this out for last because of sheer awesomeness, we have the most disgustingly fun germ-ridden attraction... bubblegum wall.

http://st.depositphotos.com/1007971/1397/i/950/depositphotos_13979162-Seattle-Gum-Wall.jpg

Hey, I mentioned Seattle! Just a great, cool town with a lot to offer.