• Tapatio
    • Louisiana Hot Sauce Original
    • Huy Fong Chili Garlic
    • Frank's RedHot
    • Crystal
    • Cholula
    • Huy Fong Sriracha
    • Other

I have come to love Hot Sauce in my old age. Although I love the hint of heat I don't care for it when it is too hot. My belief the flavor of the hot sauce should compliment the flavor of the food and not overpower the flavor of the food. The Hottest Hot Sauce I ever had was in a Hot Sauce I ever had was made at a specialty shop called Holy $#!T one drop on a tortilla chip and I was sweating for 10 minutes could not speak or remember my name. As the sauce was made from concentreted Habenero seed juice. All I can say is they gave it the right name because when I regained my speach skills that was the 1st thing I said and not to mention that was the primary thought during the whole episode. Way too hot for me! Tobasco is too vinegary for me as well as alot of the other famous brands, My favorite is Franks Red Hot it has the perfect balance of heat and flavor and I can put it on just about everything and enjoy the enhancement I aslo use it alot for cooking. But Freid chicken and scrambled eggs are the two top uses for me. The Huy Fong Siracha sauces come in a close 2nd also to the nice balance of flavor and heat but for me Franks is #1 :heart: :finbar: :hotdog: :pizza: :burger: :bacon: :chickendance: :popcorn: Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

I have come to love Hot Sauce in my old age. Although I love the hint of heat I don't care for it when it is too hot. My belief the flavor of the hot sauce should compliment the flavor of the food and not overpower the flavor of the food. The Hottest Hot Sauce I ever had was in a Hot Sauce specialty shop called Holy $#!T one drop on a tortilla chip and I was sweating for 10 minutes, could not speak or remember my name. As the sauce was made from concentreted Habenero seed juice. All I can say is they gave it the right name because when I regained my speach skills that was the 1st thing I said and not to mention that was the primary thought during the whole episode. Way too hot for me! Tobasco is too vinegary for me as well as alot of the other famous brands, My favorite is Franks Red Hot it has the perfect balance of heat and flavor and I can put it on just about everything and enjoy the enhancement I aslo use it alot for cooking. But Freid chicken and scrambled eggs are the two top uses for me. The Huy Fong Siracha sauces come in a close 2nd also to the nice balance of flavor and heat but for me Franks is #1 :heart: :finbar: :hotdog: :pizza: :burger: :bacon: :chickendance:

My apologies for the double post but I realized I made an error after the time to edit had expired. I had to correct it and this was the only my pea brain and I could come up with. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Edit; see

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

I use a lot of different hot sauces because there is a flavor component unique to the pepper used in each sauce. It depends what I'm eating or cooking. My number 1 go to is Frank's Red Hot-hot, spicy, and IMHO a better vinegar "bite" to it that trumps Tabasco, Crystal etc. I do use that s--t on just about everything.

On Mexican food-Choula. On barbecue i use a home made sauce with a Jerk seasoning blend (Scotch Bonnets-Hoot Mon.) Also loves me some sriraccha.

Can't deal with my mouth melting. With that said i do a lot of Cajun cooking which is spicy but not necessarily "hot". I like Louisiana brand seasonings.

I haven't eaten a liquid chicken without Louisiana brand hot sauce in at least 20 years. And Cajun spiced pork over charcoal is God's go to meal.

D

I

V

I

N

E

!

• Like 1

Franks and Crystal make hot wings taste traditional. So I pick Franks as its always on hand and its not so hot it hurts.

I have a bottle of Texas Pete that I'm going to throw away. I don't like it and its been in my fridge for 2 years at minimum. Franks is my favorite for every day use.

For Mexican food, we like salsa. All kinds of salsa's.

• Like 1

The original "ring of fire" for eggs non-meat dishes etc... and this for all Meats Especially seafood absolutely amazing:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/Ring%20Of%20Fire%20Steak%20Sauce%2010.99_zpswbs8nynl.jpg

Edited by alphseeker

Strangely enough, ( I'm WEIRD ya know...) Taco Bell FIRE sauce. Bottled for store sales. It's not flaming hot, but meets my criteria for ACCEPTABLE for non-over-the-top heat. In my experience too much heat kills the flavor of what

it is used on. Cholula is good, but not good enough for me..... :tsk:

• Like 1