LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN....ALREADY????

glennb2112

When was this picture taken? At break? After? I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.

It is a sad picture.

It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it. I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.

I see what you mean.

I just took a look at the exit vid posted on Youtube. The configuration of their positions as they walk down the hallway is different, but it looks like it's the same hallway. My guess is that they probably "filmed" several takes of them in the hall and someone took some stills as it was happening.

Good hallway footage starts at about the two minute mark...

Thank you, I would love to watch the video you provided the link to, but I can't.

I think though that it is very deceptive and dishonorable to post a picture like this that is an outtake still from a film and let people think that it is an actual picture taken either before, during, or immediately after the LA show.

When was this picture taken? At break? After? I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.

It is a sad picture.

It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it. I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.

I could be wrong, but the fact that no one else is around leads me to believe it was when they were heading out for sound check. If it was when they were heading to the stage for the show, Donovan would have most likely been in front of them.

I think though that it is very deceptive and dishonorable to post a picture like this that is an outtake still from a film and let people think that it is an actual picture taken either before, during, or immediately after the LA show.

I have no reason to believe that D didn't take it when he said he took it. He's just not the type to post BS pictures.

Edited by FOH Lights
  • Like 1

FOH, I don't even know who Donovan is. The only Donovan I know sang Mellow Yellow and The Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Like I posted yesterday, there is quite a controversy a-stirring around this picture. Some have said it was taken in March. That is why I am asking the questions I am.

It's still a sad picture. Almost as sad as the footage in the break video during the CA tour that showed them walking back out to the stage. I compare the three men who look tired and appear to be dragging themselves to the bouncy Alex and Geddy coming out to the stage that appears at the beginning of ESL.

It's really a simple question for them...why would they need to continue to tour?

Need money? nope.

Need fame and admiration? Nope, got that.

Need to play? Don't need a huge tour for that...or do it at home.

Need to do it for the fans who missed this tour? Christ, they've done it for 40 years, how much more do you expect? Here's a tour DVD, enjoy it and leave us alone.

It's 100% 'been there, done that' with them. I think anyone sane person would conclude that their needs are more personal, especially spending quality time with the fam.

When you're younger, you always think you have unlimited time to get to things. When you get older, you become more aware of your diminishing time when people close to your age start dying.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer tone, but I'm just keeping it real.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 3

It's really a simple question for them...why would they need to continue to tour?

They don't.

What they should do is to contact Tombstone. I understand that the Goatnut Bar & Grill needs a band to play on Friday and Saturday nights.

This would keep them busy should they get the creative urge.

• Like 2

FOH, I don't even know who Donovan is. The only Donovan I know sang Mellow Yellow and The Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Like I posted yesterday, there is quite a controversy a-stirring around this picture. Some have said it was taken in March. That is why I am asking the questions I am.

Ahhh, I see - my bad. Donovan Lundstrom is their road manager, right hand man, and nicknamed, Pool Boy.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/donovan-lundstrom/26/812/74b

• Like 2

FOH you are always careful to use the word "tour" when commenting about their lack of a future stage presence. It would be beyond cruel, for a band that "blesses our fans hearts every day" to provide false hope, such as "...I have plenty of ideas that don't involve a full tour" among a multitude of comments lending false hope to a bit of a live future. Which is worse, playing a gig after announcing retirement or providing false hope?

they have earned their retirement and went out on top. They have been legends to me since 1979. A little quick of an exit for such a distinguished career, announce in late January, hey the last time the 3 of us are ever on the east coast again will be in five months, but if that's it, that's it. I think I like the way the Crue is going out, tons of shows, tons of advance notice, definitive retirement announcement.

FOH you are always careful to use the word "tour" when commenting about their lack of a future stage presence. It would be beyond cruel, for a band that "blesses our fans hearts every day" to provide false hope, such as "...I have plenty of ideas that don't involve a full tour" among a multitude of comments lending false hope to a bit of a live future. Which is worse, playing a gig after announcing retirement or providing false hope?

they have earned their retirement and went out on top. They have been legends to me since 1979. A little quick of an exit for such a distinguished career, announce in late January, hey the last time the 3 of us are ever on the east coast again will be in five months, but if that's it, that's it. I think I like the way the Crue is going out, tons of shows, tons of advance notice, definitive retirement announcement.

I think the reason there has been no official retirement announcement is because the band themselves doesn't even know for sure that they are done. They may be done with the big tours but probably haven't ruled out releasing new music and playing special, limited dates in certain cities.

• Like 1

Since most bands don't generally hang around very long these questions rarely come up.

However with Rush being together for 40+ years it changes the dynamic a lot. They've become the soundtrack to a lot of people's lives, mine included. I've made a lot of friends through their music as well and so the fact that things could be coming down to the wire soon makes a big impact.

• Like 1

I think the reason there has been no official retirement announcement is because the band themselves doesn't even know for sure that they are done. They may be done with the big tours but probably haven't ruled out releasing new music and playing special, limited dates in certain cities.

Right. People just tend to go overboard with the little bit they've actually come out and said.

Yep, Rush, as you know them, won't tour again. The emperor Peart has made that very clear. Obviously they aren't comfortable making such an announcement of finality. I suppose that could be because G&A are holding out hope, but I think that in their hearts, they know what they've had for 40+ years has come to an end. And what a way to go out - at the top of their game!

Haha yeah, Motley Crue is a completely different animal with a whole different business plan. Good crew, good guys, except for Vince. I find him an obnoxious tool. Granted an obnoxious tool with a great voce and stage presence, but still a major dooosh offstage.

And what a way to go out - at the top of their game!

And that's the way it should be.

How can anyone who claims to love them not want that? Would they rather a trio of old men up there, shells and shadows of what they once were, playing away?

• Like 3

Yeah, R40 was amazing and astounding. My baseball team (Mets, who are usually terrible) they are in first place, I have barely watched them, due to periscope, attending live shows, and now I cant get enough on you tube.

Can't wait for the blu ray, I hope they consider having a separate release with a wide angle of the light show. I can watch that one minute clip of the end of Cygnus twenty times in a row. It mesmerizing, like Liz Phair ;)

Yep, Rush, as you know them, won't tour again. The emperor Peart has made that very clear. Obviously they aren't comfortable making such an announcement of finality. I suppose that could be because G&A are holding out hope, but I think that in their hearts, they know what they've had for 40+ years has come to an end. And what a way to go out - at the top of their game!

Haha yeah, Motley Crue is a completely different animal with a whole different business plan. Good crew, good guys, except for Vince. I find him an obnoxious tool. Granted an obnoxious tool with a great voce and stage presence, but still a major dooosh offstage.

FOH, you've said "as you know them" or similar a few times. Is that a hint of some sort?

I dont believe a WORD this guy says. I want f***ing credentials. Give me the credentials Ill check them and know for sure if hes like Bard and completely full of shite.

No I do not believe they will tour like this again and would be surprised if he did. Trust no person who says they know something or are just speculating and talking out of their arse.

• Like 1

FOH, you've said "as you know them" or similar a few times. Is that a hint of some sort?

I dont believe a WORD this guy says. I want f***ing credentials. Give me the credentials Ill check them and know for sure if hes like Bard and completely full of shite.

No I do not believe they will tour like this again and would be surprised if he did. Trust no person who says they know something or are just speculating and talking out of their arse.

At first, I took the January press release at face value that they would certainly gig again, just on a much shorter scale. Then the setlist came out. Jacobs Ladder, Prelude, Cygnus, Lakeside Park, Presentation, Anthem, What You're Doing, wow wow and wow. Then the Losing It rumors. Then the Losing It soundcheck. Then Toronto nite 2. Then tears, because THAT song sends a message.

Then Neil takes the pics from the stage in LA. Then he runs up to Al n Ged for the wave goodbye and photo op with all three together. When did that last happen on stage? A pic of the three travelers together in arms? Then Geddy thanks "our organization." All this is painting a picture.

The key is will they ever release new music again. If so, there is a chance for a short run of dates, very few cities, during the summer, so families can travel with the band. Perhaps we are better off with a Lee solo record or a Leefson project. If Neil insists on staying retired, perhaps we are better off with a new name, a new project. I'm not sure id want to be in the same arena with Rush if Neil wanted full retirement.

What would hurt more than anything is if Neil insisted on retirement, then did a drummer tribute with other musicians, like he has in the past. That would sting.

• Like 1

Ever since S&A husband and I convinced ourselves to see multi shows, with the rational that this might be the final hoorah. And yet when "the last tour of this magnitude" announcement came out, we were still surprised and saddened. I believe it was the most eloquent/Canadian way to let us know that the fat lady was warming up, without coming across like so many of these cheeseball retirement tours.

I think we can agree the guys are perfectionist - and these past few years have been perfect for the band in terms of musical and professional success. A highly reviewed concept album, successful documentary, positive main stream media recognition (f@#$ you still, RS!), Hall of Fame, sold out shows and rave reviews in their 60s. We see enough bands down here at Epcot and neighboring theme parks in the twilight of their careers - some still sound great, but a majority are sad shadows of their glory days. Can't say I entirely blame Neil for wanting to go out on a high note - not saying I like it, nor do I get the impression that the other guys are as anxious to hang up the Rush gear just yet.

I've speculated from the beginning that Neil's the one that said no more after R40. And to save him from taking all the heat from fans for being the party pooper (not that Tendinitis isn't a real issue), the talk of Alex's arthritis came up (and subsequently blown up) in the press.

Do I think he was happily surprised at how well this tour came off? Yep.

Enough to change his mind about future tours? Nope.

The guy has always had a lot to say to our little peanut gallery - here's hoping that after a couple years of retirement, he wants to pick up the musical conversation where we left off.

( :

• Like 2

I am going to trust that you are more 'in the know' than most people here, so I wondered if you'd mind answering something for me? Obviously the band are not touring again as you said, and that presumably includes Europe for R40. But I am curious, was the prospect of some European shows ever discussed? Any idea what the feeling was at the Rush camp about Europe?

I know from an interview with Rolling Stone that Geddy and Alex acknowledged the U.K. at least and said they think they deserved to get a send off, so it makes me feel they at least considered it? Presumably, Emperor Peart made it clear that wasn't possible?

Thanks! :)

I am going to trust that you are more 'in the know' than most people here, so I wondered if you'd mind answering something for me? Obviously the band are not touring again as you said, and that presumably includes Europe for R40. But I am curious, was the prospect of some European shows ever discussed? Any idea what the feeling was at the Rush camp about Europe?

I know from an interview with Rolling Stone that Geddy and Alex acknowledged the U.K. at least and said they think they deserved to get a send off, so it makes me feel they at least considered it? Presumably, Emperor Peart made it clear that wasn't possible?

Thanks! :)

As I said, the tour catered to Neil's wants. Early in the process, G&A & management discussed a European leg, but the emperor nixed it from the start. He would do NO overseas shows and only a limited number of US & Canada shows.

Edited by FOH Lights

No one knows what it's like

To be the bad man, to be the Pratt man,

Behind the drums

on my bike, side by side with Mike

riding like drunks

But my battery is almost empty

While my family waits for me

I have hours, holy moly

My moto is "no tours", now I'm free

To feel the drumbeat, like I do

And I feel blue

No one rode more back roads

In their saddles, none of my pain and woe

Can break through

But my battery is almost empty

While my family waits for me

I have hours, holy moly

My motto is "no tours", now I'm free

When my fist clenches, catch the drumstick

Before I use it to assume control

When I smile, I f**k up the next fill

Before I laugh, losing my role

And if I swallow anything evil

Put that drumstick down my throat

And if I shiver please give me the drumkit

Play you nuts, let me be your bolt

To be the bad man, to be the Pratt man

Behind the drums...

:smoke:

• Like 4

Someone on cygnus-x1 said they heard on planet rock that Rush will be doing some limited European Dates. Anyone confirm this crazy ass rumor?

Heheheh, it's over, my friend. It's time for people to face the reality. Rush, as you know them, will NEVER tour again.

FOH, did Rush and crew have a big farewell party?

They had an after party, I do know that..Farewell no. End of tour yes.

Was it right after the LA show, or did they have one the next day?

Same day..at the Forum. Saw some photos posted on Facebook. I am not an insider.

Must have been quite the bash. I would have loved to have been there sitting quietly in a corner just observing.

I think I posted this somewhere on here but my buddy got into the after party. He saw Neil walking around in a denim jacket. Terry Brown was there. He got his picture with Alex. He saw the Foo Fighter guys. He saw Chad Smith and Paul Rudd. Neil left early of course but everyone else stayed until around 2:30 am.

Oh jeez, Stewart Copeland was also there.

Taylor Hawkins, Kelly McCreary (Grey's anatomy), & Matt Stone were also there, among a LOT of others.

Donovan took this amazing picture on Saturday and captioned it: "One more walk to the stage today..."

11826020_10152922326561583_5723375215507459974_n.jpg?oh=575f01bed9e7f1585f22d8bbabc09c33&oe=568297CF

Here's what is quickly becoming the "infamous" picture again. :unsure:

FOH, they said on another thread in another section that this picture is a few months old already.

You say different.

Can someone get to the bottom of this so we can all sleep peacefully tonight? :zzz: :LOL:

IDK why someone would say it's an old picture. Donovan posted it on Saturday 8/1/15.

Damn, I fell for it.

That picture appeared on Geddy Lee's Instagram 23rd May and is referred to as last day of rehearsals.