Jump to content


LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN....ALREADY????

European Dates?

  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 FOH Lights

FOH Lights

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 450 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostMieko8, on 04 August 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 04 August 2015 - 10:37 PM, said:

View PostMieko8, on 04 August 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

There will be another album.  There will be another tour.  There may be a week in NY or a week in Vegas.  Their last official show will be in Canada.  They will market the hell out of it.  How many farewell tours were announced by Kiss, Elton, The Who, Cher, and others?  Rush didn't even announce it as a farewell tour.  There will be farewell tour t shirts and all kinds of hoopla when the time comes.  You'll see and you'll remember that I was right.

Sorry, but you don't know Rush as well as you think you do if you believe they'd ever hype a farewell tour just because other bands have done that.  Really.

This WAS their farewell tour and there WAS hoopla (in case you missed it).  Neil might get talked into scattered appearances down the road, but they will never be done for marketing purposes.  He's almost 63 with a family at home and chronic tendonitis.  He's never liked having to play live and now he's free of it.  He's already rich and can earn enough further income from writing, which is a million times easier than drumming.  He's never wanted or needed the spotlight of being a rock star and that's not likely to change as a senior citizen.  It sucks for us that we've reached this point, but he's done with being an active member of Rush.



And why do you think you know more than me or anyone else on this board?  You know nothing and you certainly don't know who I am, who I know, and what I may know.  You can only speculate like the rest of the members here.  Time will tell.  You will see that I am right.
Well, I don't know you, who you know, or what you know either. But one thing I know for sure is that... Neil will NEVER tour again. And that, my friend, is not speculation. :D

Sponsored Post

#42 Mieko8

Mieko8

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

And you know this how?  Because Neil told you himself?  You read the same press release as everyone else.  You know nothing more than that - and therefore you are speculating.  Time will tell who was right.  I'll be right here to remind you of that when they kick off their farewell tour.

#43 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostMieko8, on 05 August 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

And you know this how?  Because Neil told you himself?  You read the same press release as everyone else.  You know nothing more than that - and therefore you are speculating.  Time will tell who was right.  I'll be right here to remind you of that when they kick off their farewell tour.

Well, FOH has a close association with the band, so he knows better than most of us what's going on.

Edited by J2112YYZ, 05 August 2015 - 09:39 AM.


#44 upstateNYfan

upstateNYfan

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostMieko8, on 05 August 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

And you know this how?  Because Neil told you himself?  You read the same press release as everyone else.  You know nothing more than that - and therefore you are speculating.  Time will tell who was right.  I'll be right here to remind you of that when they kick off their farewell tour.
Mieko, Has FOH been inaccurate once? It is clear he is associated with the band. The hard truth is tours are over.

#45 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.

#46 JBsDWdrums

JBsDWdrums

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 201 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:macon ga
  • Interests:Drumming in all styles...music...biking...art...cooking...sci fi...good horror movies....Rush

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostJaminbenb, on 04 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 August 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 04 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 04 August 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostHemispheres4Echo, on 04 August 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 04 August 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I have given up hope.

I do believe that Rush will release more music.
I do believe that Rush will play some concerts live.

But I don´t think they will ever come to Europe again. It is to far away from their homes.

Right now I am just happy that I saw them live 3 times. Thou I am kinda down right now... I am sad that I never could see them on this amazing tour...

I feel the same. I'm sad I wasn't able to attend a show on this tour in person, but at least I have the Blu-Ray to look forward. Also, I feel happy about having seen them at all.

It's not the distance.

Do you men realize the cost involved in doing it?  Sweden isn't down the road from North America you know.  It would cost them millions just to transport equipment and crew.

They have done it every tour since R30 Tour. What stop them to do it now then?

R40 was probably one of, if not the biggest production they ever did. It would have cost them a lot more money to bring it to Europe, so that was probably a big reason. Also, I don't think any of them, especially Neil, want to be that far from home again for a long period of time.

I was recently talking to a good friend of mine at an event, (who lives in the mid west, and was able to go to two shows on this tour) His OPINION is that if they DO add more dates to the R40 tour, they would add more to the US and Canada, and end in Pittsburgh (since that was the first official show with Neil) or Cleveland.  Although he highly doubts that it's gonna happen...He also said that he had the opinion that they were going to add more dates earlier in the tour, but as things started playing out, he felt that things seemed to be coming to a close.

(I just told him that I didn't care what they did as long as they did a whole week in Hershey, I'd be a happy camper)(he snorted wine through his nose)

Having seen all of my Rush shows minus 2 in Pittsburgh....(moved to GA 3 years ago) I felt it was really off not to hit Pittsburgh and Cleveland both....so who knows?

For the record that's 15 shows in Pgh and 2 in Atl....:)

#47 LaFellaStrangiato

LaFellaStrangiato

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 523 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Walnut Creek, California

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.

It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

#48 upstateNYfan

upstateNYfan

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostJBsDWdrums, on 05 August 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostJaminbenb, on 04 August 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 04 August 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 04 August 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 04 August 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

View PostHemispheres4Echo, on 04 August 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 04 August 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I have given up hope.

I do believe that Rush will release more music.
I do believe that Rush will play some concerts live.

But I don´t think they will ever come to Europe again. It is to far away from their homes.

Right now I am just happy that I saw them live 3 times. Thou I am kinda down right now... I am sad that I never could see them on this amazing tour...

I feel the same. I'm sad I wasn't able to attend a show on this tour in person, but at least I have the Blu-Ray to look forward. Also, I feel happy about having seen them at all.

It's not the distance.

Do you men realize the cost involved in doing it?  Sweden isn't down the road from North America you know.  It would cost them millions just to transport equipment and crew.

They have done it every tour since R30 Tour. What stop them to do it now then?

R40 was probably one of, if not the biggest production they ever did. It would have cost them a lot more money to bring it to Europe, so that was probably a big reason. Also, I don't think any of them, especially Neil, want to be that far from home again for a long period of time.

I was recently talking to a good friend of mine at an event, (who lives in the mid west, and was able to go to two shows on this tour) His OPINION is that if they DO add more dates to the R40 tour, they would add more to the US and Canada, and end in Pittsburgh (since that was the first official show with Neil) or Cleveland.  Although he highly doubts that it's gonna happen...He also said that he had the opinion that they were going to add more dates earlier in the tour, but as things started playing out, he felt that things seemed to be coming to a close.

(I just told him that I didn't care what they did as long as they did a whole week in Hershey, I'd be a happy camper)(he snorted wine through his nose)

Having seen all of my Rush shows minus 2 in Pittsburgh....(moved to GA 3 years ago) I felt it was really off not to hit Pittsburgh and Cleveland both....so who knows?

For the record that's 15 shows in Pgh and 2 in Atl.... :)
Sure it was an unfortunate logistical/business fluke.

#49 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostLaFellaStrangiato, on 05 August 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.


It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it.  I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.

#50 LaFellaStrangiato

LaFellaStrangiato

    Prime Mover

  • Members *
  • 523 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Walnut Creek, California

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostLaFellaStrangiato, on 05 August 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.


It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it.  I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.

I see what you mean.

I just took a look at the exit vid posted on Youtube. The configuration of their positions as they walk down the hallway is different, but it looks like it's the same hallway. My guess is that they probably "filmed" several takes of them in the hall and someone took some stills as it was happening.

Good hallway footage starts at about the two minute mark...

https://www.youtube....h?v=_3PQ2mkUfrQ

#51 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostLaFellaStrangiato, on 05 August 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostLaFellaStrangiato, on 05 August 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.


It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it.  I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.

I see what you mean.

I just took a look at the exit vid posted on Youtube. The configuration of their positions as they walk down the hallway is different, but it looks like it's the same hallway. My guess is that they probably "filmed" several takes of them in the hall and someone took some stills as it was happening.

Good hallway footage starts at about the two minute mark...

https://www.youtube....h?v=_3PQ2mkUfrQ

Thank you, I would love to watch the video you provided the link to, but I can't.

I think though that it is very deceptive and dishonorable to post a picture like this that is an outtake still from a film and let people think that it is an actual picture taken either before, during, or immediately after the LA show.

#52 FOH Lights

FOH Lights

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 450 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

View PostLaFellaStrangiato, on 05 August 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

When was this picture taken?  At break?  After?  I would think they would be surrounded by more people than just the three of them walking down a lonely hallway.  

It is a sad picture.


It's a still from the exit video of the tour.

I saw that video and this picture doesn't look like it is from it.  I could be wrong.

That's why I'm asking FOH when it was taken.
I could be wrong, but the fact that no one else is around leads me to believe it was when they were heading out for sound check. If it was when they were heading to the stage for the show, Donovan would have most likely been in front of them.

Quote

I think though that it is very deceptive and dishonorable to post a picture like this that is an outtake still from a film and let people think that it is an actual picture taken either before, during, or immediately after the LA show.
I have no reason to believe that D didn't take it when he said he took it. He's just not the type to post BS pictures.

Edited by FOH Lights, 05 August 2015 - 01:07 PM.


#53 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:13 PM

FOH, I don't even know who Donovan is.   The only Donovan I know sang Mellow Yellow and The Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Like I posted yesterday, there is quite a controversy a-stirring around this picture.  Some have said it was taken in March.  That is why I am asking the questions I am.

#54 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:16 PM

It's still a sad picture.  Almost as sad as the footage in the break video during the CA tour that showed them walking back out to the stage.  I compare the three men who look tired and appear to be dragging themselves to the bouncy Alex and Geddy coming out to the stage that appears at the beginning of ESL.

#55 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3763 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

It's really a simple question for them...why would they need to continue to tour?

Need money? nope.

Need fame and admiration? Nope, got that.

Need to play? Don't need a huge tour for that...or do it at home.

Need to do it for the fans who missed this tour? Christ, they've done it for 40 years, how much more do you expect? Here's a tour DVD, enjoy it and leave us alone.

It's 100% 'been there, done that' with them. I think anyone sane person would conclude that their needs are more personal, especially spending quality time with the fam.

When you're younger, you always think you have unlimited time to get to things. When you get older, you become more aware of your diminishing time when people close to your age start dying.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer tone, but I'm just keeping it real.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet, 05 August 2015 - 01:36 PM.


#56 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42066 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

Quote

It's really a simple question for them...why would they need to continue to tour?

They don't.

What they should do is to contact Tombstone.  I understand that the Goatnut Bar & Grill needs a band to play on Friday and Saturday nights.  

This would keep them busy should they get the creative urge.

#57 FOH Lights

FOH Lights

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 450 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostLorraine, on 05 August 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

FOH, I don't even know who Donovan is.   The only Donovan I know sang Mellow Yellow and The Hurdy Gurdy Man.

Like I posted yesterday, there is quite a controversy a-stirring around this picture.  Some have said it was taken in March.  That is why I am asking the questions I am.
Ahhh, I see - my bad. Donovan Lundstrom is their road manager, right hand man, and nicknamed, Pool Boy.

https://www.linkedin...trom/26/812/74b

#58 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6451 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

    Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

FOH you are always careful to use the word "tour" when commenting about their lack of a future stage presence. It would be beyond cruel, for a band that "blesses our fans hearts every day" to provide false hope, such as "...I have plenty of ideas that don't involve a full tour" among a multitude of comments lending false hope to a bit of a live future. Which is worse, playing a gig after announcing retirement or providing false hope?

they have earned their retirement and went out on top. They have been legends to me since 1979. A little quick of an exit for such a distinguished career, announce in late January, hey the last time the 3 of us are ever on the east coast again will be in five months, but if that's it, that's it. I think I like the way the Crue is going out, tons of shows, tons of advance notice, definitive retirement announcement.

#59 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 9811 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 05 August 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

FOH you are always careful to use the word "tour" when commenting about their lack of a future stage presence. It would be beyond cruel, for a band that "blesses our fans hearts every day" to provide false hope, such as "...I have plenty of ideas that don't involve a full tour" among a multitude of comments lending false hope to a bit of a live future. Which is worse, playing a gig after announcing retirement or providing false hope?

they have earned their retirement and went out on top. They have been legends to me since 1979. A little quick of an exit for such a distinguished career, announce in late January, hey the last time the 3 of us are ever on the east coast again will be in five months, but if that's it, that's it. I think I like the way the Crue is going out, tons of shows, tons of advance notice, definitive retirement announcement.

I think the reason there has been no official retirement announcement is because the band themselves doesn't even know for sure that they are done. They may be done with the big tours but probably haven't ruled out releasing new music and playing special, limited dates in certain cities.

#60 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21751 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Since most bands don't generally hang around very long these questions rarely come up.
However with Rush being together for 40+ years it changes the dynamic a lot. They've become the soundtrack to a lot of people's lives, mine included. I've made a lot of friends through their music as well and so the fact that things could be coming down to the wire soon makes a big impact.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users