Would you see Rush live without Neil?

Union 5-3992

Would you see Rush without Neil?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still see Rush if they replaced Neil live?

• No
    • Wtf? No, why would you even think that?

Nope.

There is no Rush without Neil.

Agreed. It's why I don't own the debut album.

Hey their debut is pretty good and very underrated

But Geddy and Alex were Rush before he came along and I would gladly go see them in concert again even w/out Neil.

It's not Rush to me.

The entire vibe of the band changed. I don't slam the debut. It's a good record. It's no FBN.

If it wasn't for Neil, Rush would have died out by the early 80s and we would be here talking about some other band instead. Over in the music of the spheres section, Earl would have created a thread titled "I'm getting a Rush and i'm In The Mood, Working Man has one of the greatest jams of all time". And it would get three responses not including Earl spamming the thread.

There aren't many other bands I can think of that had such a huge shift for the better in their songwriting than Rush did when Neil joined. His impact changed the whole direction of the band and turned them from a band with really good guitar and bass into the band that would become the greatest of all time.

• Like 3

Nope.

Hey their debut is pretty good and very underrated

But Geddy and Alex were Rush before he came along and I would gladly go see them in concert again even w/out Neil.

It's not Rush to me.

The entire vibe of the band changed. I don't slam the debut. It's a good record. It's no FBN.

If it wasn't for Neil, Rush would have died out by the early 80s and we would be here talking about some other band instead. Over in the music of the spheres section, Earl would have created a thread titled "I'm getting a Rush and i'm In The Mood, Working Man has one of the greatest jams of all time". And it would get three responses not including Earl spamming the thread.

There aren't many other bands I can think of that had such a huge shift for the better in their songwriting than Rush did when Neil joined. His impact changed the whole direction of the band and turned them from a band with really good guitar and bass into the band that would become the greatest of all time.

^^^^^ His talent elevated Alex and Geddy to even greater heights. It's like Larry Bird joining the Celtics--He made everyone better.
  • Like 2

Sure I would go see them. I seriously doubt they would market it as Rush anyway.

^^^ This. Maybe the ticket prices would be lower. No never mind they would probably have the same manager... :|
  • Like 1

Maybe a new drummer would smile and talk to the fans.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1f806455516ad8bfb2a95a875348d4d27903996ec4bf48af01ed8d73cfe6cea.jpg

• Like 4

Nope.

:fistbump:

Was watching some of the Laura Secord show right before the forum gig. Funny how Rutsy was emceeing the show, leading the band, and he was shown the door shortly thereafter.

Outside of that, THE DEBUT FREAKIN ROCKS!

Paging Narps, Mr. Narps, are you there?

:codger: Right here and amen.... :rush:

It'd probably be like kissing your sister.... or a Toronto Maple Leafs fan going to watch a hockey game when his team moved to AHL.

Newsflash...the Maple Leafs pretty much ARE an AHL team.

I would see Alex and Geddy but it would not be Rush without Neil and yes I love some of the songs with Rutsey but it isn't the same...I mean the music might be great but it would not be Rush Edited by hcm

It might be cool if Geddy and Alex put out an album together with Neil's blessing, but I don't see that happening unless something happened to him or something.

I'd see 'Leefson' with pleasure and I'd like they added a great keyboards player to the line up to refresh the formula at that point and have no boundaries on stage (if any hasn't been already crossed...)

But I don't think I would cross 'the pond' for them, hoping for a good European reception of the project and a tour in a 500/700 miles radius around.

I'd see 'Leefson' with pleasure and I'd like they added a great keyboards player to the line up to refresh the formula at that point and have no boundaries on stage (if any hasn't been already crossed...)

But I don't think I would cross 'the pond' for them, hoping for a good European reception of the project and a tour in a 500/700 miles radius around.

268px-Rickwakemanmoog.jpg :yes:

No less?.... L.L.W.W. (Lee Lifeson Wakeman White) would be better than nothing for at least a tour after all. I guess you are already thinking of a 12 hours setlist....

Edited by geezer
  • Like 1

No less?.... L.L.W.W. (Lee Lifeson Wakeman White) would be better than nothing for at least a tour after all. I guess you are already thinking of a 12 hours setlist....

Me likes... :cheers: I guess I am just not that nostalgic a person in general. I just want to be entertained and I would bet L.L.W.W could do just that...