4 from the floor - my R40 video memories

44 replies to this topic

#41 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

I have to say, you did a great job with this.  But, it still amazes me that in today's Internet world, people don't get in trouble doing this type of thing.  Not that long ago, one would be in plenty of legal trouble for making their own DVD or audio recording of a live band's performance.

It seems with the Internet, all rules have gone to the outhouse...

This is not an attack on the OP, but an observation.  I'd hire her in a second to edit video for footage for me.

Sponsored Post

#42 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 12 September 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

I have to say, you did a great job with this.  But, it still amazes me that in today's Internet world, people don't get in trouble doing this type of thing.  Not that long ago, one would be in plenty of legal trouble for making their own DVD or audio recording of a live band's performance.

I think most performers don't care as long as personal recordings aren't being sold.  Somebody watching on a free site like YT doesn't result in profit for the video maker.

#43 FountainOfSyrinx

FountainOfSyrinx

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2152 posts
  • Interests:Univ. of Nebraska, Rush, the Dave Matthews Band, the Seattle Mariners, the Dallas Mavericks, and baseball in general.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostTexMike, on 12 September 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

I think most performers don't care as long as personal recordings aren't being sold.  Somebody watching on a free site like YT doesn't result in profit for the video maker.

Especially for a band as well-off as Rush. Besides, recordings like this really benefit the fans who couldn't quite make it out to a show for one reason or another. As a performer, I would appreciate that.

#44 Catch The Mystery

Catch The Mystery

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:58 PM

It seems with the Internet, all rules have gone to the outhouse...

This is not an attack on the OP, but an observation.  I'd hire her in a second to edit video for footage for me.

Thanks for the compliments :) :cheers:

It surprises me as well that it's possible to put recordings like this on YT. Sometimes YT blocks some of my content because of copyright issues and that's fine by me. Like TexMike has stated I'm not in it for the money, I just like to share my memories with other fans :)

#45 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1292 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:43 AM

View Postgypsy muse, on 10 September 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

View PostCatch The Mystery, on 20 August 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

View PostTexMike, on 20 August 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Dang, I was just about to put up links to my own R40 videos.  Think I'll wait so as not to compete with yours.  Remembering your trailer, I'm guessing yours came out better than mine.  :P

Well go on upload your movie as well :) The more R40 movies the merrier :)
yeah, seriously Tex Mike, we want to see yours too. The more the merrier!
The link to my video can be found in the R40 Tour Recordings thread in Different Stages.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users