4 from the floor - my R40 video memories

Catch The Mystery

Dang, I was just about to put up links to my own R40 videos. Think I'll wait so as not to compete with yours. Remembering your trailer, I'm guessing yours came out better than mine. :P

Well go on upload your movie as well :) The more R40 movies the merrier :)

I'll wait so as not to take attention away from yours. Mine is also from 4 shows, but only of the second set and encore. I hope to watch some of yours tonight. I'll be interested to see what you included from Dallas since I also recorded there and it was my personal favorite of the 4 shows I saw.
  • Like 1

I've watched the CA songs so far. Great sound and nice close-ups. It's cool how you included some of the pre-show music; that really did take me back to being there.

And the first thing I thought when the actual show started was "OMG, how much did those perfectly centered seats cost you?" :)

• Like 1

I've watched the CA songs so far. Great sound and nice close-ups. It's cool how you included some of the pre-show music; that really did take me back to being there.

And the first thing I thought when the actual show started was "OMG, how much did those perfectly centered seats cost you?" :)

Well I got lucky with the Dallas one after 25 mins of trying and trying to score a ticket. That presale went like a rollercoaster ride... So when I noticed that it was a center seat and so close to the stage as well I was over the moon :) I had almost given up hope of ever scoring a ticket for that show. The Houston one was a luck of the draw ticket. That was a VipNation ticket where I could have ended up in row 10 way over on the side. So when row 3 popped up out of the enevlope at the venue I was happy as a clam yet again.

The NO & TO ones were resale. NO from a fellow forum member (face value) and the TO one I got from Stubhub.

I have been saving ever since my last CA show for possible future shows and it turned out it was worth it ;) And having friends where I could stay and who drove me all over TX and to NOLA and back to see the shows was super fun and made my R40 trip possible.

• Like 4

Dang, I was just about to put up links to my own R40 videos. Think I'll wait so as not to compete with yours. Remembering your trailer, I'm guessing yours came out better than mine. :P

I'll wait so as not to take attention away from yours. Mine is also from 4 shows, but only of the second set and encore. I hope to watch some of yours tonight. I'll be interested to see what you included from Dallas since I also recorded there and it was my personal favorite of the 4 shows I saw.

I'm looking forward to see your footage, bring it on :cheers:

Where were you seated at those 4 shows?

Dallas was the best seat. It was a VIP silver that was first row up from the floor (Geddy side), so there were no heads or bodies to obstruct my view. Right next to the corner of the stage.

Denver was about 10 rows up from floor on Alex side, again very close to the stage.

Austin was 8th row floor on Alex side. Nice and close, but many heads in the way. That's why I don't usually prefer floor seating.

L.A. was last row of lower bowl, rather high up on Geddy's side. Furthest away from the stage, which was a little disappointing. You get spoiled after sitting up close. :)

So it was kinda cool to mix together video of the show from 4 different vantage points. Kinda like flipping between periscope feeds. I will share it here soon.

• Like 1

I'm almost done creating my own R40 dvd from the footage from the 4 shows that I've attended in May and June.

awesome job let us know when it's done we can't wait

Here's a little trailer for that dvd :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6FgfUnfMo

I'm almost done creating my own R40 dvd from the footage from the 4 shows that I've attended in May and June.

awesome job let us know when it's done we can't wait

Here's a little trailer for that dvd :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6FgfUnfMo

The links to the two part movie can be found in the 'R40 tour recordings' thread in the Different Stages part of the forum :)

I have been saving ever since my last CA show for possible future shows and it turned out it was worth it ;) And having friends where I could stay and who drove me all over TX and to NOLA and back to see the shows was super fun and made my R40 trip possible.

Wow, you have some great friends. Too bad we didn't meet at Dallas since we were both there. It's great that you were able to make the most of your trip over here like that!
  • Like 1

Yes, someone else calls it "post concert depression "! I knew I wasn't the only one using that phrase. I sure do miss Periscope too. That was so fun! Yes it would be fun to scope that, so we could all get together again. Scopes don't have to be live to be fun. I scoped one of the Blu-rays in the box set not too long ago. Got to say hi to a few friends.

I watched your video (4 from the floor) at lunch break today. It made me happy. The quality is excellent.

• Like 2

Wow, you have some great friends. Too bad we didn't meet at Dallas since we were both there. It's great that you were able to make the most of your trip over here like that!

I was at Dallas too. Sounds like you had a blast, I'm sure we'd love to hear the details of your road trips, meet ups, impressions, etc.

Yeah, we all need to start saving $$ now for their next show!

• Like 1

yeah, seriously Tex Mike, we want to see yours too. The more the merrier!

Dallas was the best seat. It was a VIP silver that was first row up from the floor (Geddy side), so there were no heads or bodies to obstruct my view. Right next to the corner of the stage.

Denver was about 10 rows up from floor on Alex side, again very close to the stage.

Austin was 8th row floor on Alex side. Nice and close, but many heads in the way. That's why I don't usually prefer floor seating.

L.A. was last row of lower bowl, rather high up on Geddy's side. Furthest away from the stage, which was a little disappointing. You get spoiled after sitting up close. :)

So it was kinda cool to mix together video of the show from 4 different vantage points. Kinda like flipping between periscope feeds. I will share it here soon.

looking forward to it. I know what u mean about getting spoiled. I sat 2nd row KC & then way back on the lower bowl for the forum. But I was so glad to just be there!
  • Like 1

looking forward to it. I know what u mean about getting spoiled. I sat 2nd row KC & then way back on the lower bowl for the forum. But I was so glad to just be there!

Yes, someone else calls it "post concert depression "! I knew I wasn't the only one using that phrase. I sure do miss Periscope too. That was so fun! Yes it would be fun to scope that, so we could all get together again. Scopes don't have to be live to be fun. I scoped one of the Blu-rays in the box set not too long ago. Got to say hi to a few friends.

I watched your video (4 from the floor) at lunch break today. It made me happy. The quality is excellent.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

• Like 1

I have to say, you did a great job with this. But, it still amazes me that in today's Internet world, people don't get in trouble doing this type of thing. Not that long ago, one would be in plenty of legal trouble for making their own DVD or audio recording of a live band's performance.

It seems with the Internet, all rules have gone to the outhouse...

This is not an attack on the OP, but an observation. I'd hire her in a second to edit video for footage for me.

• Like 1

I have to say, you did a great job with this. But, it still amazes me that in today's Internet world, people don't get in trouble doing this type of thing. Not that long ago, one would be in plenty of legal trouble for making their own DVD or audio recording of a live band's performance.

I think most performers don't care as long as personal recordings aren't being sold. Somebody watching on a free site like YT doesn't result in profit for the video maker.

• Like 1

I think most performers don't care as long as personal recordings aren't being sold. Somebody watching on a free site like YT doesn't result in profit for the video maker.

Especially for a band as well-off as Rush. Besides, recordings like this really benefit the fans who couldn't quite make it out to a show for one reason or another. As a performer, I would appreciate that.

• Like 1

It seems with the Internet, all rules have gone to the outhouse...

This is not an attack on the OP, but an observation. I'd hire her in a second to edit video for footage for me.

Thanks for the compliments :) :cheers:

It surprises me as well that it's possible to put recordings like this on YT. Sometimes YT blocks some of my content because of copyright issues and that's fine by me. Like TexMike has stated I'm not in it for the money, I just like to share my memories with other fans :)

• Like 1

yeah, seriously Tex Mike, we want to see yours too. The more the merrier!

The link to my video can be found in the R40 Tour Recordings thread in Different Stages.

• Like 1