Ever sat on a beach and wondered what country was directly across the ocean from you?

Maverick

It's not showing up for some reason :( It's OK now! :) :)

And yes, it was an eye opener as a kid on the Virginia beaches, when my dad said we were "looking" at Spain! Always thought it would be Great Britain for some reason . . .

Edited by blueschica

Yes. When I was a little girl, I was always told by adults it was China, and that if I started digging in the sand, sooner or later I would reach it.

Do you think they were fibbing me?

Yes. If you dig down from the US you'll end up in the Indian Ocean.

I tried digging a hole to China when I was a kid but I didn't have any luck. Maybe I shouldn't have started digging at the top of a hill :P

• Like 1

I always assumed it was just Europe. Never was much on details as a youth I suppose... :smash:

Yes. When I was a little girl, I was always told by adults it was China, and that if I started digging in the sand, sooner or later I would reach it.

Do you think they were fibbing me?

Yes. If you dig down from the US you'll end up in the Indian Ocean.

I tried digging a hole to China when I was a kid but I didn't have any luck. Maybe I shouldn't have started digging at the top of a hill :P

I never had any luck either. Just as well. Who would want to wind up in the Indian Ocean?