Kevin J. Anderson Tweet

FountainOfSyrinx

This guy was a huge part of Clockwork Angels.

Like he needed to give us MORE of a reason to dislike him

Forgive my ignorance, but how so?

What role did he play in the concept and/or the writing of the music?

As far as I know, he wrote a companion piece to CA after the final composition was completed.

Am I incorrect?

I didn't see the tweet before it was deleted. What did it say?

He posted a photo talking about last night being "the end of an era" or something like that....someone asked if they were breaking up or something. He said "No, they are retiring. This was the last Rush show" or something to that extent.

I didn't see the tweet before it was deleted. What did it say?

He posted a photo talking about last night being "the end of an era" or something like that....someone asked if they were breaking up or something. He said "No, they are retiring. This was the last Rush show" or something to that extent.

Thanks for the info. If it is true, definitely not his place to say it.

Very well could be true, but like I said before, he shouldn't have posted it. B-Man leaked the GUP demos(I think that's what it was) early and he never had contact with the band again as far as I know.(and he was very close to the band)

Well, if he IS cut off then we'll know he's right.

But yeah B-Man was definitely a backstabbing fool.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is B-Man and what's this about GUP demos leaking?

Very well could be true, but like I said before, he shouldn't have posted it. B-Man leaked the GUP demos(I think that's what it was) early and he never had contact with the band again as far as I know.(and he was very close to the band)

Well, if he IS cut off then we'll know he's right.

But yeah B-Man was definitely a backstabbing fool.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is B-Man and what's this about GUP demos leaking?

I was just about to ask that! Could someone shed light on these two questions?

B-Man is the author of a Rush biography titled "Visions," penned around the release of Hold Your Fire. He became a very good friend of the band at some point. The final chapter was about them having completed Hold Your Fire. I believe B-Man played some HYF demos for a friend(s), bragged about it in this book, and that was the end of his relationship with the band.

So when or if they never tour again, or formally announce they're done, a lot of you wankers are going to feel silly but will probably never admit you were wrong.

You're so missing the point. When it is time for rush to announce retirement it will come through them not the guy who wrote the novelization. He either disclosed information that he was not supposed to or made his own determination that the band was done. The tweet being deleted says it all.

Follow up: he has now tweeted:

I don't speak for rush in any capacity whatsoever. I was not "announcing" their retirement, just reflecting countless statements at concert.

If they haven't announced anything yet, wait for an official release. I would love to see them keep touring and producing great music.

• Like 2

So when or if they never tour again, or formally announce they're done, a lot of you wankers are going to feel silly but will probably never admit you were wrong.

You're so missing the point. When it is time for rush to announce retirement it will come through them not the guy who wrote the novelization. He either disclosed information that he was not supposed to or made his own determination that the band was done. The tweet being deleted says it all.

That they're done or he's an idiot?

Who is Kevin J Anderson?

Alex without the wig.

Alex wears a rug? I was clueless about that. Looks so real.

Yeah, in many videos of him from recent years, when there is occasionally a glimpse of the top of his dome, its essentially hairless. He still has bangs in the front (possibly hair transplantation) that generally masks his relative baldness (provided he doesn't look down of course).

However, on this tour, the top of his dome appeared to be covered with hair, which suggests he's wearing a piece.

Neil's dashiki is likely covering up a bald dome as well.

Geddy however seems to have maintained a full head of hair.

Alex is, in real life, Friar Tuck.

:)

• Like 2

B-Man is the author of a Rush biography titled "Visions," penned around the release of Hold Your Fire. He became a very good friend of the band at some point. The final chapter was about them having completed Hold Your Fire. I believe B-Man played some HYF demos for a friend(s), bragged about it in this book, and that was the end of his relationship with the band.

Right. It should also be mentioned that he spent a lot of time with the band on the road. Somehow. And he became good friends with them in the mid 80s. Then yeah, the HYF backstabbing. Bill Banewicz...or something like that. Hence, B-Man.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Right. It should also be mentioned that he spent a lot of time with the band on the road. Somehow. And he became good friends with them in the mid 80s. Then yeah, the HYF backstabbing. Bill Banewicz...or something like that. Hence, B-Man.

Bill Banewicz = B-Man

Makes sense, now. Yes, I've heard about the Visions bio book but I didn't know that there was serious drama behind that book/author.

• Like 1

That they're done or he's an idiot?

The latter

Everyone needs to lay off Kevin.

There are many indications L.A. was the end, however sad it may be.

Several posters on this board have a 100% accurate history, so why would they be wrong now?

Did Kevin overstep? I don't know.

The ad hominem attacks are disappointing and completely unnecessary. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about and simply bowed to political pressure.

It is rude to tell other people what they "need" to do.

If you don't like the comments and opinions in this thread, then you can always exit the thread.

I am a BIG wanker though.

Fixed

It's why the YBG loves you so!

• Like 1

There are many indications L.A. was the end, however sad it may be.

Several posters on this board have a 100% accurate history, so why would they be wrong now?

Did Kevin overstep? I don't know.

The ad hominem attacks are disappointing and completely unnecessary. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about and simply bowed to political pressure.

If you're known to be closely associated with the band and you make a statement like that that is not endorsed by band then we are actually taking it eat on him already. These are not ad hominem attacks. We are questioning if he is authorized to make such a statement as someone connected to the band. If Nick R. or Brutus or praetorian made the same comment we would have the same reaction. Announcements like this should come through Rush management. No one cares what claims trf members say since we aren't connected to the band.

• Like 1

Hugh Syme has known and worked with Neil much longer than KJA, including a recent project and said he was CERTAIN there would be more Rush in the future.

Its the bands place to speak to their future. Its beyond annoying when TRFers post how they are certain the band is done. Opinion is fine, but it would be respectful of others (ha, on an internet forum, seriously?) to not jam opinions down others throats as irrefutable fact.

• Like 1