Have you dated a Rush fan?

amylovesrush

Someone was talking about starting a Rush fan dating site on Facebook but I haven't seen it yet. :P

It wouldn't be a bad idea. Not much fun being with someone who doesn't enjoy your taste in music.

• Like 2

Maybe it's my old age, or maybe music isn't all that important to me, but I would never think of basing a relationship with anyone on whether they liked Rush or not. Honesty, yes. Loyalty, yes. Integrity, yes. Hard working, yes. Rush, erm - no.

Maybe it's my old age, or maybe music isn't all that important to me, but I would never think of basing a relationship with anyone on whether they liked Rush or not. Honesty, yes. Loyalty, yes. Integrity, yes. Hard working, yes. Rush, erm - no.

Basing a relationship on Rush, no....but just something nice to have in common. Doesn't mean it'll all work out but it would certainly make things a little more interesting. :D

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 4

Somehow the Queensryche broads always get my attention.

Mary comes to mind

Suite Sister Mary? :)

The same ;)

• Like 2

Basing a relationship on Rush, no....but just something nice to have in common. Doesn't mean it'll all work out but it would certainly make things a little more interesting. :D

That's what I was going to say. It's nice to have something like that in common especially if they really mean a lot to you. .

• Like 4

That's what I was going to say. It's nice to have something like that in common especially if they really mean a lot to you. .

Having 1 big thing in common, or a bunch of little things in common, always the hardest question to answer.

But I have found people who are HUGE FANS of a band, sports team, religion, hobby, will never change their ways.

The person dealing with the obsessions of another has to be highly adaptable and understanding. Years ago, I dated a woman who's love was her job. She sold real estate, and she was very successful at it. But she literally said It was Priority 1,2 and 3 in her life. At a 1 hour dinner her phone rang 8 times, and it was always like that. And she would always answer. Needless to say, we only dated a short time. I was not strong enough to play 2nd fiddle to her Obsession. No big deal, I was an adult I understood what my role would be. So no matter what the obsession/ hobby is, the person on the other side has to be understanding.

• Like 3

Having 1 big thing in common, or a bunch of little things in common, always the hardest question to answer.

But I have found people who are HUGE FANS of a band, sports team, religion, hobby, will never change their ways.

The person dealing with the obsessions of another has to be highly adaptable and understanding. Years ago, I dated a woman who's love was her job. She sold real estate, and she was very successful at it. But she literally said It was Priority 1,2 and 3 in her life. At a 1 hour dinner her phone rang 8 times, and it was always like that. And she would always answer. Needless to say, we only dated a short time. I was not strong enough to play 2nd fiddle to her Obsession. No big deal, I was an adult I understood what my role would be. So no matter what the obsession/ hobby is, the person on the other side has to be understanding.

Fine line between obsession and rudeness, I think. But whatever....at least she is someone else's problem now. :)

• Like 2

Which is why I could never have dated a musician, and would certainly never have lasted being married to a famous one.

who wants to be someone else's second fiddle?

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I sort of forced a bunch of shit on her though...but it stuck because she kept seeing rush even after we'd split up

I am surprised she wasn't so devastated by the breakup that she dropped them altogether... :D
  • Like 2

Yes, I can't recall how I met her but we went to the Presto Tour at the Capital Centre MD. My first date to a Rush show we had a great time in that she knew lyrics to certain and man was she ever flexible. I gather being a gymnast helps while on the UMD Terps team.

The only Rush fans I've ever met are here.

I never encountered a Rush fan in the flesh in my entire life. That I remember that is.

That's why it's so surreal to go to a concert and have thousands of other fans around you who feel the same way. :LOL:

• Like 4

I never encountered a Rush fan in the flesh in my entire life. That I remember that is.

That's why it's so surreal to go to a concert and have thousands of other fans around you who feel the same way. :LOL:

It's so much fun...and surreal!
  • Like 1

It's like going to the Jedi Temple for the first time

It's like going to the Jedi Temple for the first time

:LOL:

And that's why it was so great to go to the meetups. We could talk about the band for ages. If I tried that at home my friends would have walked away hours before :D

• Like 1

Which is why I could never have dated a musician, and would certainly never have lasted being married to a famous one.

who wants to be someone else's second fiddle?

I've always been involved in same way, shape or form with the arts and entertainment industry and maybe that's why most men I've known have been Rush fans, IDK, especially the ones who were musicians. But to be fair to musicians and actors, I truly believe the good ones do everything they can to hold their partner up because they're aware of their status, you know? There are some bad ones though! I think some women will be a persons second fiddle because of what dating a certain someone means. It's far more of an image thing than a true love thing. Anyhoo... other ball park with that one!

This whole thing reminded me of a first date I had with someone. We were in a café, a song came over the sound system and both of us, simultaneously spazzed out, "IT'S RUSH!" Ahhh, Rush. I wouldn't NOT date someone who didn't love Rush but they would have to at least like Rush or at the very least, be able to tolerate Rush.

• Like 1

Yes, I can't recall how I met her but we went to the Presto Tour at the Capital Centre MD. My first date to a Rush show we had a great time in that she knew lyrics to certain and man was she ever flexible. I gather being a gymnast helps while on the UMD Terps team.

A Rush fan and a gymnast? And she wasn't a keeper? :)

• Like 3