Jump to content


Have you dated a Rush fan?


  • Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#121 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32972 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostChicken hawk, on 12 August 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan.  When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE.    bye bye
What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American!  Our language doesn't have zeds!
Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!
It's their song. It's their airport. It's what our boys say. Give in.
;)
NO! It may be their song, way of speaking, their airport... I'm still saying it my way. Nail me or don't. I'm pronouncing it, "zee."
Funny girl. :)

Most of my fellow yanks pronounce "karaoke" : "care-ree-oh-kee" because that's what we're used to saying. But I'm not saying that shit! I'm going with the originators' method. ;)

Sponsored Post

#122 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21940 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostChicken hawk, on 12 August 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan.  When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE. bye bye
What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American!  Our language doesn't have zeds!
Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!
It's their song. It's their airport. It's what our boys say. Give in.
;)
NO! It may be their song, way of speaking, their airport... I'm still saying it my way. Nail me or don't. I'm pronouncing it, "zee."

It's hard to break a lot of years of saying it a certain way. Like saying Neils last name like the shampoo. I did that for probably 30 years.  :lol:

#123 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32972 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 12 August 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostChicken hawk, on 12 August 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan.  When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE.    bye bye
What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American!  Our language doesn't have zeds!
Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!
It's their song. It's their airport. It's what our boys say. Give in.
;)
NO! It may be their song, way of speaking, their airport... I'm still saying it my way. Nail me or don't. I'm pronouncing it, "zee."

It's hard to break a lot of years of saying it a certain way. Like saying Neils last name like the shampoo. I did that for probably 30 years.  :lol:
Hehe. Yeah, I kept doing that until I learned the truth. Then again, I don't talk to anyone in my daily life about Rush so I don't get a chance to say "Peairt" and not the shampoo way. :)

This friction will only be worn by persistence.


#124 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 69502 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

So, does being a woman RUSH fan feel like being a female Star Wars fan?



#125 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near Philadelphia PA
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

If I had the chance to go out with a female RUSH fan or a woman who liked the same kind of music in general as me and I liked her then that would be cool but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'd have a better chance of getting struck by lightning.

#126 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

#127 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21940 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostXanadu, on 09 November 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

Yeah same here. Not sure why. Country music fans seem to flock my direction. :lol:

#128 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1704 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 November 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostXanadu, on 09 November 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

Yeah same here. Not sure why. Country music fans seem to flock my direction. :lol:

I know, right? Or I went out on a date with this guy who said "Elvis" when I asked him what kind of music he listened to. He seriously told me that Elvis was pretty much the only music he listened to. And he was 38 years old. :eh:

#129 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21940 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostXanadu, on 09 November 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

View PostEagleMoon, on 09 November 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostXanadu, on 09 November 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

It would be nice, but I seem to attract people who have horrible taste in music. (In my humble opinion, of course). :D

Yeah same here. Not sure why. Country music fans seem to flock my direction. :lol:

I know, right? Or I went out on a date with this guy who said "Elvis" when I asked him what kind of music he listened to. He seriously told me that Elvis was pretty much the only music he listened to. And he was 38 years old. :eh:

Oh I believe it.  :)

#130 Ventris

Ventris

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1837 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Riverside, CA

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

I've dated a casual Rush fan, I mean he liked the 2112 album and some other songs but wasn't really interested in exploring their newer stuff

#131 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4440 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

    --

    My roguelike!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/547980/Equin_The_Lantern/

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:00 AM

No, every woman I've been involved with usually hates RUSH.
Their loss!

#132 Mara

Mara

    Hindu Goddess of Death

  • Members *
  • 25530 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Marietta, Georgia, USA
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:18 AM

Nearly married one. He's still a very dear friend.

#133 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

    The Sphere

  • Members
  • 8652 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

I have never dated a RUSH fan.    THey say they like RUSH  but dont know nothing about them or many of their songs. :whipgirl:
If they only knew......

#134 Slim

Slim

    The Seeker

  • Members *
  • 396 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derby, England

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

View Postamylovesrush, on 31 July 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'll start by saying I've been a part of the Rush online community for nearly 25 years.

I'd always intended to hold up a sign at a concert that said "looking for Rush fans to date!" lol (well not really, but...)

Only there aren't going to be many more concerts.

Sooo... have any of you met a Rush fan and started dating?  I'm completely serious, but I also would never ever attract someone who's already committed.  My real name is Amy and some of you may remember me from TNMS.

Coming kind of late to this, but yes I have - I met her on TNMS. She was quite delightful; thoroughly charming and from Finland.

#135 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27950 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostChicken hawk, on 19 November 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I have never dated a RUSH fan. THey say they like RUSH  but dont know nothing about them or many of their songs. :whipgirl:
If they only knew......
:drool: .... :)

#136 umoveme

umoveme

    California Sundress SILLY

  • Members *
  • 4272 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California foothills
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

I'm in the mood to date a Rush fan.

#137 New_World_Man

New_World_Man

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Near Philadelphia PA
  • Interests:Music, internet, reading, outdoors, movies, etc.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

Nope. I've never dated a woman who likes RUSH(I'm not even sure I've met many). If I did though I would consider taking things to the next level pretty fast. A woman liking RUSH is definitely a big turn on(especially if she is also at least a little bit of a prog fan).

Edited by New_World_Man, 22 November 2015 - 12:00 AM.


#138 Digital Dad

Digital Dad

    The Dad Abides

  • Members
  • 10648 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 12 August 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 12 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 12 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

View PostChicken hawk, on 12 August 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

When i meet people...i date...they always say they like Rush.......just because im a big fan.  When they cant name ten songs tho..i say DELETE. bye bye
What if they misname a song? For example, they say "Spirit of THE Radio" or "Y..Y..ZEE". Delete?

;)

But... but... I'm American!  Our language doesn't have zeds!
Yeah! I say "zee." I'm not saying, "zed." Ain't natural!

Better dead than zed.

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

#139 sundog

sundog

    Million Dollar Smile

  • Members *
  • 11516 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East of Lyra

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

Yes.

I was a fan since I was a kid, and my sister would babysit me and take me to the roller rink with her friends on Saturday afternoon.  But my ex husband took me to see Presto (My first real concert) and I haven't missed a tour since. When we split up - I continued even deeper in my fandom - Attended concerts alone or with a girlfriend and ALWAYS was complimented on my knowledge of the lyrics.  ( A side note - No one ever hit on me though.)
I got a computer in December of 2004, found TRF that same month, and finally registered in January 2005. It was only then that I felt I had found people that "got" me and my obsession and when I went to my first Rushcon that year, I was in Rush fan Heaven.

Met Digi in the fall of that year and the rest as they say, is history.

#140 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 4372 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:58 AM

No. But I'm sleeping with a woman who's married to one.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users