Origin of the album covers

Red Porschetta

I would find it very interesting to know how the album covers were created. I mean the whole process from the idea to the final draft. Also, which album cover does Rush like the most, and which one they like the least. I bet they would like MP, GUP, and T4E. Your thoughts?

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Aug 21 2005, 02:42 PM)
Power Windows has got this interview with Hugh Syme about some of the album covers

Wow. I've never seen that before. Thanks, Slaine. It's interesting that my favourite cover, Hemispheres, is the one he is least happy with.

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Aug 21 2005, 03:54 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Aug 21 2005, 02:42 PM)
Power Windows has got this interview with Hugh Syme about some of the album covers

Wow. I've never seen that before. Thanks, Slaine. It's interesting that my favourite cover, Hemispheres, is the one he is least happy with.

It's my favorite as well.

I don't know if I have a favorite. I do like "Signals" cover though. When it came out, I'm sure it was rather different when compared to the previous covers.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Aug 21 2005, 06:35 PM)
In Classic Rock magazine last year, Geddy named Different Stages as his favourite.

Geddy liked the tinker toys more than GUP!?

How do you respect a guy like that.

Just kidding GeddyFinal.gif

Since I bought Rush in Rio, just becasue I thought it was sweet that a rock band would put a dragon on the cover, I'd have to say Rush in Rio is my favorite.

Archived