COFFEE - who loves it, who hates it?

treeduck

Do you love coffee or do you hate coffee?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love coffee or do you hate coffee?

• I love coffee
    • I hate coffee
    • I'm ambivalent about it
    • I'm just addicted to the stuff, I barely taste it, my taste buds are numb with it
    • I just like it, love is too strong a word
    • I only like those trendy lattes and cappuccinos otherwise I'd not bother

I hate it and I don't find any hot drinks refreshing at all.

But it's orders of magnitude better than tea. Nastiest shit I've ever had in my life.

Ever had hot cider or hot chocolate? :huh: Those drinks are amazing on a cold winter day.

I love hot cider when it gets really chilly outside, during the autumn. Winter, not so much, though. Or maybe it's just that it seems hot cider is never around after November or so. But hot chocolate is great in the winter, too.

On the subject of coffee, I love love love it. I do just say :no: to Starbucks, ever since they built a store on every street corner in America. Their quality control went south in a hurry, and the prices have, of course, only gone up...and up.

There are two small-batch roasteries where I buy my coffee beans. One is local to me, and it's called Boston Stoker. And the other, which I like even better (and I can get by mail order for the same price or a little less than the one that's local to me) is Vienna Coffee Company, in Maryville, Tennessee. I'm drinking my favourite Costa Rica SHB from them right now.

I grind the beans until they're almost the consistency of powder. :cool:

• Like 2

I do enjoy certain teas but I try to drink coffee most every day. Not a coffee snob at all but can't stand Starbucks. Their coffee tastes burned to me.

I'm wondering if Starbucks has adjusted the way they roast their beans -- the last couple of times I had their coffee (each time in an airport, where choices are limited) it didn't taste as burnt as I remember.

On the other hand, I can no longer drink 7-Eleven coffee. It just tastes funny to me now.

They must have. I JUST had the same experience - not at all a fan of Starbucks, but had it w no choice and it didnt taste as burnt as I remember.

• Like 1

But it's orders of magnitude better than tea. Nastiest shit I've ever had in my life.

Ever had hot cider or hot chocolate? :huh: Those drinks are amazing on a cold winter day.

I love hot cider when it gets really chilly outside, during the autumn. Winter, not so much, though. Or maybe it's just that it seems hot cider is never around after November or so. But hot chocolate is great in the winter, too.

we love hot cider in our house, make it for most parties we host or attend once Oct rolls around. A jug of cider, a stick of cinnamon, a sliver of a whole nutmeg and a couple cloves... heat it all up. Throw a shot of applejack brandy in a mug and top with the hot cider, it's really good.
  • Like 2

What happens when you give me mocha-choke-a-bullshit not-coffee coffees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg5aVzSDme4

Black and bold caffeinated coffee, or no coffee!

I loved this haha!

we love hot cider in our house, make it for most parties we host or attend once Oct rolls around. A jug of cider, a stick of cinnamon, a sliver of a whole nutmeg and a couple cloves... heat it all up. Throw a shot of applejack brandy in a mug and top with the hot cider, it's really good.

Mulled wine is a winter favorite of mine.

My girlfriend got me a Keurig for my birthday earlier this year, and while I love it for its purpose (if you just want a cup, not a pot), it has its glaring drawbacks. K-cups are freaking expensive, and I do miss the drip coffee maker at home, for when I do want a whole pot. Edited by BowlCity

My girlfriend got me a Keurig for my birthday earlier this year, and while I love it for its purpose (if you just want a cup, not a pot), it has its glaring drawbacks. K-cups are freaking expensive, and I do miss the drip coffee maker at home, for when I do want a whole pot.

Yeah, the cost is out of sight. And maintenance can be a hassle.
  • Like 1

My girlfriend got me a Keurig for my birthday earlier this year, and while I love it for its purpose (if you just want a cup, not a pot), it has its glaring drawbacks. K-cups are freaking expensive, and I do miss the drip coffee maker at home, for when I do want a whole pot.

I've never had a Keurig, mainly because I can't remember the last time I had just one cup. So yeah, it would be really expensive. And then the coffee itself would be different from what I normally drink, too.

I'm one of those snobs who always, always has to grind his beans immediately before the coffee goes in the filter.

And proud of it!

• Like 1

I've never had a Keurig, mainly because I can't remember the last time I had just one cup. So yeah, it would be really expensive. And then the coffee itself would be different from what I normally drink, too.

I'm one of those snobs who always, always has to grind his beans immediately before the coffee goes in the filter.

And proud of it!

I look forward to the mornings and that amazing smell...
  • Like 1

And proud of it!

filter? :LOL:

We grind enough for 2 cups in the French press every morning. It's a nice morning routine, and I agree about grinding it fresh

Have been meaning to get myself a decent grinder for yonks.. is fresh ground worth the extra effort/expense or is it just aromatherapy ?

worth it! You can get a nice Cuisinart grinder for like $30

Have been meaning to get myself a decent grinder for yonks.. is fresh ground worth the extra effort/expense or is it just aromatherapy ?

worth it! You can get a nice Cuisinart grinder for like $30

The only way to go! :yes:

Can take it or leave it....only really drink instant as I can't be arsed faffing about with filter.

95% of the time I drink tea anyway, which I much prefer.

La dee da!

:LOL:

I use a local chain store "Busch's" brand, called "Vanilla Nut Crème". French Vanilla with Hazelnut mix. Splenda and 1/2 % milk completes the deal. YUM! -ORFie

I am such an addict that K-Cups make zero financial sense for me.

This is literally my morning....

Wake up to pour a cup of coffee (programmed to brew at 5 AM so I don't even have to think about it when I roll out of bed).

Drink said coffee while I brush my teeth (yeah, I brush my teeth with coffee), shave, and shower.

Pour another cup and drink it while I get dressed.

Pour another cup in a travel tumbler for the drive to work. Drink said tumbler on the drive.

Get to work. Pour another cup (already brewed because the team doesn't really like the boss without his coffee) before I walk the floor. Drink said cup while I walk the floor and visit with the staff.

Pour another cup to drink while I review the dailies.

Pour another cup to drink while I work on emails and review the calendar.

Pour another cup to drink while I "get my day started" (code for me lining up the calendar with the to-do list and deciding what it is I really need to get done for the day).

My admin used to switch out the community brew with decaff around 10 AM (she thought I didn't know - I love her to death, but really, I ain't dumb). The team asked that she at least go to half caff to keep me semi-normal.

Nearly 20 years in education before the second career made me a grade A addict.

But, hey, I am proud of myself.... I stopped drinking coffee after noon. I switched to Dr. Pepper in the PM.

• Like 2

Wake up to pour a cup of coffee (programmed to brew at 5 AM so I don't even have to think about it when I roll out of bed).

Drink said coffee while I brush my teeth (yeah, I brush my teeth with coffee), shave, and shower.

Pour another cup in a travel tumbler for the drive to work. Drink said tumbler on the drive.

Get to work. Pour another cup (already brewed because the team doesn't really like the boss without his coffee) before I walk the floor. Drink said cup while I walk the floor and visit with the staff.

Pour another cup to drink while I "get my day started" (code for me lining up the calendar with the to-do list and deciding what it is I really need to get done for the day).

My admin used to switch out the community brew with decaff around 10 AM (she thought I didn't know - I love her to death, but really, I ain't dumb). The team asked that she at least go to half caff to keep me semi-normal.

But, hey, I am proud of myself.... I stopped drinking coffee after noon. I switched to Dr. Pepper in the PM.

Yeah, after I start my full-time job after graduation, I'm getting a real brewer. In college, the Keurig's convenient for what it is, and while I love my black coffee, I prefer pop.

Wow. :notworthy:

Not a coffee snob at all but can't stand Starbucks. Their coffee tastes burned to me.

I usually brew this at home.

http://ll-us-i5.wal.co/dfw/dce07b8c-cae7/k2-_b1c8fe4c-e85c-4d5d-82fc-3fa9a4eb19c9.v1.jpg-35dc4608d914ac75264e6f2ff4cc7e09f59915c0-optim-450x450.jpg

They stopped carrying it at our local grocery store, so now we order it from Amazon. My wife placed our order a little late, and we bought a bag of Starbucks French Roast. For the first time I could really understand why anyone would say it tasted like it was burned. I was not impressed, and was very happy when our shipment of Melitta finally arrived. :)