Anyone know of songs that were rehearsed for R40 but not played?

jonboy71

Only one I heard about was Something For Nothing, and Alex said he practiced Fly By Night because he was hoping they might try to ressurect it.

That would have been wonderful to hear that, but the vocals are kind of high. I don't know what it would have sounded like tuned down. At least for me, part of the charm of the song is how Geddy sang it back then.

Edited by Lorraine

I think I heard something about Cut to the Chase. Probably tried AFTK again. Something For Nothing as stated above. Fly By Night. Wouldn't be surprised if they rehearsed The Seeker or something from Feedback.

That would be such a tease with Cut to the Chase...

Only one I heard about was Something For Nothing, and Alex said he practiced Fly By Night because he was hoping they might try to ressurect it.

That would have been wonderful to hear that, but the vocals are kind of high. I don't know what it would have sounded like tuned down. At least for me, part of the charm of the song is how Geddy sang it back then.

Could have been a great crowd-sung tune. That's what I was hoping for, if only a portion of it. That's the one thing that I think was missing from the show, a nod to that song.
  • Like 1

Kid Gloves

Is that true? If so, too bad they ditched it. It's a great song.

Would have been nice to hear. Especially Alex's solo.

There was a thread on here before the tour started that mentioned the band was rehearsing it. Don't know how true the report was but it was rumored to be in the set. Red Lenses was also part of the rumor. The same person mentioned them doing Far Cry and Prelude, so they were half right.

Video credits for Big Money are mentioned in the current tour book. So, it appears that was set to be played but was probably cut at the very last minute. I'm fine with that since it was played last tour and it really didn't need to be done again. There were a number of songs cut at the last minute in order to keep the set at a manageable length. The band mentioned that in some interviews.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Could have been a great crowd-sung tune. That's what I was hoping for, if only a portion of it. That's the one thing that I think was missing from the show, a nod to that song.

Geddy could've just changed the vocal melody to be a bit lower, without downtuning the rest of the song. For Anthem, it worked fine. I think it would've worked for Fly By Night

Edited by Attttui

Something For Nothing and Big Money. The first one because Alex said it was on the "list" don't know if this was just a practice list or if they actually rehearsed it. Big Money because it was on the tour book credits.

Fly by Night would have been great of course but don't know where Alex mentioned that. Kid Gloves was just a rumour started by someone then it spiralled endlessly, lol but I doubt they rehearsed it. Considering that first set is pretty much all singles from the respective albums I doubt Kid Gloves was considered.