Yukon Blade Grinder: Phil Collins pens open letter to Neil Peart

Tombstone Mountain

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20cover%20limo_zpss22jvmtj.jpg

An open letter to Neil

my drinking partner

and drum guru:

So here it is. The end. Time for one door to close, and another to open. The Yukon Blade Grinder dialed me up, and told me about the scenario. I just couldn't leave them hanging, so here goes.

Saturday you will play the Forum in that dangerous shithole known as LA. The last Rush concert will bring many to tears...out of love...and from a love lost. It seems in music, as in life, when the last note is played or the final breath is drawn, we sit in shock over the finality of it all. No doubt to be the case here. Forty years of sweat. Forty years of joy. Forty years of tendinitis development. It all hurts. So soak it in.

I remember laying my sticks down on the floor tom after my final concert with Genesis. Elation wouldn't be a good word to describe my feelings. Relief was more like it. I did my bit for the band, and was ready to move on to other pastures to see what lay beyond my purview. Something else was out there and I needed to find out for myself what exists "beyond the cymbals".

Boy was I an idiot. I missed my friends.

Your gig is a gravy train on biscuit wheels old chap. Don't let it go. Persevere until you drop. You've got a full tank, as witnessed from this tour. The tabloids raved about the band. Not one ill review to be found, except one on some website called "The Rush Forum"...written by a complete tosser.

Don't quit and let your belly hang over your belt. I know the story of "being" there for your family. I respect that so much Neil. I respect it so much that I think you should put their asses on a tricked out bus, and take them with you to see America again and again. But that's just me, your friend Phil.

Do us a favor. Stay in the game.

Play when you want to play.

Record when you want to record.

Never give up performing with Alex and Geddy. What you have is too special. Your little one will certainly miss her Uncle Dirk and Uncle Lerxt. Wouldn't want to deprive her of that now would you?

Take it from me, a man who left his mates to put on his Mr. Jangles dancing shoes. Sure I made millions. I sold more records than when I was with Genesis. Made the papers and everything.

To this day I still ask myself "What if"?

Don't be that guy.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/phil%201_zpsdeavcm8h.jpg

Your friend and fellow drummer,

Phil

P.S.--Where's that double bass pedal I loaned you back in 2005? I need it.

P.S.S.--You must visit Goatnut,TN...there's this really cool cave.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
fixed photo link
  • Like 45

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20cover%20limoq_zps9gfyizis.jpg

An open letter to Neil

my drinking partner

and drum guru:

So here it is. The end. Time for one door to close, and another to open. The Yukon Blade Grinder dialed me up, and told me about the scenario. I just couldn't leave them hanging, so here goes.

Saturday you will play the Forum in that dangerous shithole known as LA. The last Rush concert will bring many to tears...out of love...and from a love lost. It seems in music, as in life, when the last note is played or the final breath is drawn, we sit in shock over the finality of it all. No doubt to be the case here. Forty years of sweat. Forty years of joy. Forty years of tendinitis development. It all hurts. So soak it in.

I remember laying my sticks down on the floor tom after my final concert with Genesis. Elation wouldn't be a good word to describe my feelings. Relief was more like it. I did my bit for the band, and was ready to move on to other pastures to see what lay beyond my purview. Something else was out there and I needed to find out for myself what exists "beyond the cymbals".

Your gig is a gravy train on biscuit wheels old chap. Don't let it go. Persevere until you drop. You've got a full tank, as witnessed from this tour. The tabloids raved about the band. Not one ill review to be found, except one on some website called "The Rush Forum"...written by a complete tosser.

Don't quit and let your belly hang over your belt. I know the story of "being" there for your family. I respect that so much Neil. I respect it so much that I think you should put their asses on a tricked out bus, and take them with you to see America again and again. But that's just me, you friend Phil.

Never give up performing with Alex and Geddy. What you have is too special. Your little one will certainly miss her Uncle Dirk and Uncle Lerxt. Wouldn't want to deprive her of that now would you?

Take it from me, a man who left his mates to put on his Mr. Jangles dancing shoes. Sure I made millions. I sold more records than when I was with Genesis. Made the papers and everything.

Don't be that guy.

Phil

Is Phil replicating Geddy's raccoon hat hairstyle?

• Like 2

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o371/x1yyz/YBG%20cover%20limoq_zps9gfyizis.jpg

An open letter to Neil

my drinking partner

and drum guru:

Don't quit and let your belly hang over your belt. I know the story of "being" there for your family. I respect that so much Neil. I respect it so much that I think you should put their asses on a tricked out bus, and take them with you to see America again and again. But that's just me, you friend Phil.

Don't be that guy.

Phil

Actually that is the cap of choice here in Goatnut,TN
  • Like 1

An open letter to Neil

my drinking partner

and drum guru:

Don't be that guy.

Phil

Gotta kill it and make it yourself right?

• Like 1

An open letter to Neil

my drinking partner

and drum guru:

Don't be that guy.

Phil

Gotta kill it and make it yourself right?

Real men do...like Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone

• Like 1

Neil's been a closet Phil Collins fan for years. He's known to be heard singing SusSudio in the shower.

:musicnote: There's a girl that's been on my mind....

All the time...Su-Su-Sudio" :musicnote:

Who the hell names their kid "Sussudio"? :eh: :P

Edited by Xanadu
  • Like 3

Shirtless Jeff Bridges from the Mayan Ruins Like this POST.

TAKE A LOOK AT ME NOW...OWW...OWWWWW

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/jeff_zpsstigbxqg.jpg

• Like 1

Shirtless Jeff Bridges from the Mayan Ruins Like this POST.

TAKE A LOOK AT ME NOW...OWW...OWWWWW

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag153/Freedom80065/jeff_zpsstigbxqg.jpg

There's just an empty space...

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/drums/images/img25.jpg

• Like 2

Wooohooo. More than great, as always. :notworthy:

CU tomorrow, dude. :cheers:

Man it's gonna be incredible. Prepare for the time of our lives.

http://orig01.deviantart.net/f560/f/2012/017/2/b/bromance___yaoi_by_animanga_chan-d4moave.png