YYZ--what's it aboot?

Tombstone Mountain

Back to the original question...

As Geddy said when he introduced it, I believe it was on the recording of Exit Stage Left "this is a song about a car."

• Like 4

ask YYZumbi

He may get angry

--the 90%

Serious, what is your problem? I am asking a honest question and then you just make fun of me? Is your life so boring and pointless that you don't have anything better to do then to make fun of people on a forum?

It's just sad, I feel sorry for you...

They pick on you because you make these kind of responses. They're just teasing.

Sweden: Where humor goes to die

^^^^^He's much funnier in person
  • Like 2

It is a sexual type thing, kyyz----------- :eh:

You're naughty!

There is nothing like sex at the Pearson Airport!!!!!!!

97734615.jpg

Have you been through airport security at O'Hare?

• Like 4

You're naughty!

97734615.jpg

No. but i have been asked to grab my ankles many times at YYZ!!!!!!
  • Like 3

You're naughty!

97734615.jpg

No. but i have been asked to grab my ankles many times

A fairly comfortable feeling for some posters here
  • Like 1

You're naughty!

97734615.jpg

No. but i have been asked to grab my ankles many times

A fairly comfortable feeling for some posters here

BOING :tongue:
  • Like 1

ask YYZumbi

He may get angry

--the 90%

Serious, what is your problem? I am asking a honest question and then you just make fun of me? Is your life so boring and pointless that you don't have anything better to do then to make fun of people on a forum?

It's just sad, I feel sorry for you...

They pick on you because you make these kind of responses. They're just teasing.

Sweden: Where humor goes to die

^^^^^He's much funnier in person

Zumbi's right...You are mean! :boohoo:
  • Like 2

It is aboot the challenges of a young co-pilot landing a 727 at Tronto's international airport. In the "story" the veteran command pilot is drinking and doing the 30,000 foot club routine with a stewardess. Leaving young Huckleberry Finn to land the plane during a lake effect white-out condition snow storm.
  • Like 1

It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy the band worked on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys. Simple lines intertwining, Rush were really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really

YES!!! :LMAO: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

It is aboot the challenges of a young co-pilot landing a 727 at Tronto's international airport. In the "story" the veteran command pilot is drinking and doing the 30,000 foot club routine with a stewardess. Leaving young Huckleberry Finn to land the plane during a lake effect white-out condition snow storm.

Tasty bullshit JR. Hummers at 30,000 ft are indeed fantastic!

Most people don't know this but YYZ was actually came from a commercial piece Rush wrote for the YYZ Artist's Outlet: http://www.yyzartistsoutlet.org/ They wrote this 30 or 60 second bit that was used in tv commercials in Canada and liked the music so much that they expanded it into the song we all know and love today. The original piece was released on vinyl and can still be found for sale here and there, but it's pretty rare. Edited by x1yyz
  • Like 2

Most people don't know this but YYZ was actually came from a commercial piece Rush wrote for the YYZ Artist's Outlet: http://www.yyzartistsoutlet.org/ They wrote this 30 or 60 second bit that was used in tv commercials in Canada and liked the music so much that they expanded it into the song we all know and love today. The original piece was released on vinyl and can still be found for sale here and there, but it's pretty rare.

Rare indeed. It's not even on Amazon

It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy the band worked on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys. Simple lines intertwining, Rush were really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really

• Like 1

Musically, the song represents a voyage. First the air traffic control tower sends the signal that they are cleared for take-off. The repeated two-note riff is the airplane maneuvering into position on the runway. Then forward throttle and they're down the runway - represented by that cool funky riff that I can't play on the bass. Then they're in the sky and then next segment represents the thrill of being in the air, and on your way to an exotic destination . . .

Okay, shit, I'm making this up on the spot, and it's not working. I'm sure that they had some narrative in mind when they pieced it together, and it wasn't just a case of, you know, jamming, and saying, hey this bit would fit really well together with that bit. I'm sure it wasn't like that at all.

This is just what I have captured on camera when I was leaving YYZ in June myself! LOL :D Recorded multiple clips while being pushed back and while we were moving along the runway, then again during take off untill I was up in the air over Toronto. Made a small movie of these clips. Used Alex as a voice over at the start of my movie. Used the part where he's imitating the signal from air traffic control from the documentery they did about YYZ. Then the track starts. At the end of the movie when I'm flying over TO I've put in Neil's voice from the same documentery telling about the exotic destinations at airports such as Amsterdam (and that happened to be my final destination on this trip seeing that I was heading home :D) and then Ged's voice telling it's about going home.

• Like 2